Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
legal status of coca plant
    #2884255 - 07/13/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The coca plant it obviously illegal,because it contains cocaine,but is the plant itself illegal too? For example,if I were to magically grow a coca plant without cocaine (and a few other illegal alkaloids),would it be legal under federal law?

I was asking because I thought the only plants that were illegal in and of themselves were cannabis and peyote and someone in ODD mentioned that coca seeds are illegal.

While were at it,do you know of any other plants that are specifically illegal under federal law?

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: legal status of coca plant [Re: monoamine]
    #2884301 - 07/13/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Coca leaves and coca extracts are both illegal in the US and considered schedule II just like cocaine and crack. Therefore the plants are illegal too.

Catha Edulis is also specifically illegal to posess.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2884317 - 07/13/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

P. Somniferum is also specifically listed cause Poppy straw is listed and all parts except the seeds.

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2886510 - 07/13/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The only illegal seeds in usa are cannabis and peyote. All others are legal but some like khat and e coca are illegal once you sprout the seed. Even though a seed may not be illegal it doesn't mean they won't hassle you about it if they get the chance. Totally legal stuff like betel nut gets confiscated by customs all the time. The trouble is that the federal govt has gotten too big for it's britches and constantly usurps the rights of the individual. But that's another subject.

Poppies are technically illegal but since poppy seed is sold everywhere and lots of people grow them, no one gets prosecuted for it. You can even find poppy pods for sale in florists sometimes. What they look for is intent to use in an illegal way. If they caught someone scoring them and collecting the sap, they may very well make an arrest. Having a quantity of harvested poppies might also be construed as illegal use, particularly if they found evidence of opium making. It's a grey area since probably a million people have them in their gardens and have no clue about opium so they can't really bust everyone and so they go for the intent thing.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: legal status of coca plant [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2886828 - 07/13/04 06:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Totally legal stuff like betel nut gets confiscated by customs all the time. The trouble is that the federal govt has gotten too big for it's britches and constantly usurps the rights of the individual. But that's another subject.

Completely legal non-ethno agricultural products are siezed all the time. I'm talking about foodstuffs like oranges and walnuts, ect.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden