Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Species of Interest: Ala Jon Ott [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2947535 - 07/31/04 05:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

nice post,
just listened the track 2 days ago,very interesting listening on civil war on drugs

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Species of Interest: Ala Jon Ott [Re: butterflydawn]
    #2947595 - 07/31/04 06:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

BlackZombie. I discuss this plant as a means to gather more informaiton about it. Please do not go out and ingest this plant untill you are completely aware of its phytochemical make up. As far as we know, there could be an alkaloid in there that when mixed with some medication your own, turns you into a purple elephant.

I do believe bioassay is an important factor here but further research is needed before we even begin to consider what the dosage is. Both Petunia and Marigold have record of being used as entheogens and so far several people claim both are completely innactive. I truely believe that there are many factors we are leaving out here. We need to make sure that we are actually working with the right species and not a hybrid, we need to consider all preperation methods.. example: just because Bob smoked some magnolia leaves and didn't get off doesn't mean that magnolia is innactive.. Now Bob is probably going to come in here and say Magnolia is bullshit I quit and several people will take his word for it and also stop researching.... lets try to prevent this by approaching it scientifically and consider all preperation methods, dosage based on body weight, how the plant was aquired, etc. etc. I believe if we follow these guidelines that we will surely uncover the secrets of these plants.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2947610 - 07/31/04 06:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i wanna be a lab rat! tell me where i can get non-hybrid plants of shanin and marigold and i'll do that shit up!

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

OfflineDark_Raider
 User Gallery
    #2947949 - 07/31/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I'm sorry to say that not much happened. Seemed like a small change in thinkin patterns, but that's it. The damn taste definitely wasn't worth it.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Species of Interest: Ala Jon Ott [Re: Dark_Raider]
    #2947955 - 07/31/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Preperation?
Dosage?
Administration specifics?

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Species of Interest: Ala Jon Ott [Re: Psiloman]
    #2948417 - 07/31/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

A'neglakya: Of course I was just hoping perhaps you had found some more info or that magnolias were past the research stage or there was some obscure experience reports or something floating around.

I would look for more info but from the search I did on google I wouldn't even know where to start!

--------------------
]

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Species of Interest: Ala Jon Ott [Re: Wysefool]
    #2948448 - 07/31/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I appreciate your interest. Everyone. I believe that if there was much info about its activity available online, it would be more out in the open. I'm going to dig through all of my old books, search through college databases, etc.etc. trying to find anything I can regarding these plants.

For those wanting to experiment, dont expect much. Really. I haven't tried it yet because I doubt it would do much and if it did, i doubt it would be ver enjoyable.. I am just fascinated that such a respectfull scientist, jon ott, would make mention of them in his literature. Maybe it will take an extraction, or a large amount, or some difficult variety to get, but its worth it. We are doing ground breaking research here so lets uncover some new information (old hidden archived forgotten info) and make Mr. Ott proud!

OfflineDark_Raider
 User Gallery
    #2948473 - 07/31/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Another note on my marigold testing:
I think next im gooing to try smoking the dry plant matter as did the shamans. I also expect to try some sort of extraction from about 20 or so flowers. I'll let all liquids evaporate and then pack the goods in gels or try smoking. I'll be sure to let you guys know if and when this happens.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2948515 - 07/31/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ok I did some more searching about Magnolias and here's what I found, I couldn't find anything on the Magnolia Virginiana species but:

Rhodium's Safrole FAQ says this about it's safrole content:
Magnolia salicifolia (magnoliaceae) (origin and % unknown)

Also:
Hou Po (Cortex Magnoliae officinalis)

Natural distribution:
Central China

Parts used:
Bark

Nature:
Bitter and pungent; warm

Affinity:
Spleen, stomach, lungs, large intestine

Effects:
Drying; digestive; antiemetic

Indications:
Ailments of damp excess in spleen and stomach; abdominal pressure and pain, oppression in chest, excess phlegm

Remarks:
Components of the herb have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, reducing prostaglandin and leukotriene levels and suppress thromboxane formation. The herb has also been found to stimulate gastric secretion and reflexive intestinal peristalsis. The essential oils, magnolol and honokiol exhibit anti-free radical activity. Magnolol is known to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. The alkaloids of Hou Po can cause relaxation of the skeletal muscles; lower blood pressure; contains some antibacterial activity. Especially effective in relieving pressure, fullness and oppression in abdominal region.

SOURCE: http://beyondwellbeing.com/html/about.df.3.shtml

Apparently Magnolol is an analgesic. You wouldn't happen to have information on it's traditional uses somewhere? Something almost tells me it got confused along the way with Bay Leaves because I think they're both often called Sweet Bay?

--------------------
]

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#2948531 - 07/31/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

awesome. Dig through your books and see if we can find what the constituents to marigold are. Did the water change into a light color when you tried tea? Maybe the coloring agents are water soluble, maybe not. I imagine there are probably tannins in their too. Lets think.. are there any other psychoactive plants in the same family as marigold. well obviously Tagetes lucida, but what about the entire family , not just the genus.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2948682 - 07/31/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.supplementwatch.com/supatoz/supplement.asp?supplementId=380

check out this - I guess in Japan magnolia bark is a common anti-anxiety medication. I really have to get some of this stuff, anti-anxiety AND it helps with asthma? It's like the plant was made for me! :laugh:

--------------------
]

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals