Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Testing my Theory
    #2882376 - 07/12/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Is it safe to say, that EVERYTHING is a frequency/wavelength of some sort? The colors we see are wave-lengths vibrating at a specific frequency, sound is just a sound wave's, our skin picks up vibrations of things so touch is just frequency recognition. Taste is a bit more complex, but it can be concluded that atoms are just "energy particles" vibrating at specific frequency's...so, taste (and everything else) could just be a complex interaction of frequency's.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Testing my Theory [Re: psyka]
    #2882401 - 07/12/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> Is it safe to say, that EVERYTHING is a frequency/wavelength of some sort?

This is kind of along the lines of string theory...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

Re: Testing my Theory [Re: psyka]
    #2882947 - 07/12/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i dont know about taste... i suppose it could be.

we recognize certain tastes because the molecules fit into our taste bud receptors like a key-lock. this then stimulates other reactions in our nerves to allow us to perceive the specific taste.

one could argue that the way our nerves function is by a fast process of vibrations.. nerve sensations (action potentials) travel down nerve 'stems' by introducing a concentration gradient (it adds sodium particles into one end..because of the huge differences in concentration of sodium particles, they balance out in a 'wave' type action down the nerve stem). so technically, everything involving our nerves (all senses, all motion, heart regulation, digestion, etc) could be a result of these waves. whoa!

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Testing my Theory [Re: toad857]
    #2883442 - 07/12/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I believe our brains act like radio tuners receiving these frequency's and decoding them outputting reality. We can only process certain vibrational frequency's (thus not being able to see the entire light spectrum, and only being able to hear at a range of 20Hz - 20 KHz, heat limitations, etc...). As I also believe, all matter is expanding consciousness, we have created this body to fit our consciousness's evolutionary (awareness) needs. The average animal brain receive's wavelengths in three (possibly four) different methods: tissue contact, sight, hearing, and possibly certain states of consciousness.

...dunno its interesting to speculate because the underlying foundation is true.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale