Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Friend is a cokehead
    #2880411 - 07/12/04 02:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

K heres the deal. My brothers room-mate is a cokehead. I'v known him since i was about 13, and i love the man but hes startin to fuck up really bad.
He's been goin steady now for like 2 years. Up untill this point we'd just lecture him. Of course it wasn't much help, cuz i'd stay up and do coke whenever i was around.
He's changed in a really bad way. Mentally, he's starting to lose it. He's probly about a G in debt to verious coke dealers. He started fucking up on rent, so my brother took his dvd's and tried to pawn them. So in turn george decided to Jack bro's intire stash.
Now bro moved out, and i don't see him talking to his roomates for a long time.
Now i wana help him, but i don't really know how to go about it.
my first instinct was to beat his ass. Since that won't do much, i was thinking about holding an intervention, and if that dosen't work i could tell his parents he's a cokehead, and his dad would most likely beat him up, and throw him in rehab.

does anybody have any advise on how i can help this guy? a good way to go about an intervention?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Friend is a cokehead [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2880747 - 07/12/04 03:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

tell him that you are concerned and that if he wants your help, you will help him. If not, say you will leave him to bottom out.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2881869 - 07/12/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First of all his parents need to intervene and put him in re-hab. I would hope that his Father would not beat him up but he needs help and he can't do it alone. Everyone who cares about him will soon get tired of trying to help and they will wash their hand of the whole situation. He probably thinks he don't have a problem. Most addicts think everyone else has a problem. His physical and emotional dependency to this drug is bigger than he is and stronger than any love you or anyone else has for him. Call his parents or another family member who might be able to talk to his parents about his problem. Someone needs to help befor he slides even futher than he already has.

Good Luck you are gonna need all the help you can get.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2881916 - 07/12/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have a friend that was addicted to coriciden (DXM), not a physical addiction though... he went to rehab for all the drugs he was abusing...... he spent 4 months there and now that he's out he's looking to try more drugs... and the day he got out he tried snorting his anti-depressants just to see if he could get high off it.... in my case there is no hope for my friend... but in yours im sure that there is... but its hard shit... hard shit...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Friend is a cokehead [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2881928 - 07/12/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If someone doesn't want help you might as well let them bottom out. They'll either die or come around, I've seen it one to many times, intervening works sometimes but usually waste everyones time if the person doesn't want help.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being