Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2877883 - 07/11/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It looks like the pictures in your (JonPathetic/QuestionforJoo) avatars came from the same twisted yearbook.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2877890 - 07/11/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Every year the shroomery should have one day where everyone who posts is encouraged to change their avatar to a black and white yearbook photo. It would be called "yearbook photo day" and there will be drinking and whatnot.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2877892 - 07/11/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, and then the most talented digital artist on the boards finds a big class photo and replaces all the heads with our avatars so we can have a class photo ourselves.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: ]
    #2883933 - 07/12/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

In IRC, impala asked if i could sell him drugs, then left.  His isp read  "[some random crap]@dea.gov"

:shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: shriek]
    #2884098 - 07/12/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shriek said:
im sure some drug agency somewhere has an account here, they want to keep updatet on things as well. but i seriously doubt they are here to bust people

I'm almost certain they're watching these boards, so people be careful! :shiftyeyes:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2884355 - 07/12/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

70,000 PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM/CHOCOLATE
CANDIES SEIZED NEAR AMARILLO, TEXAS

The Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Laboratory Service in Amarillo (Amarillo, Texas) recently received a submission of approximately 70,000 chocolate candies (total net mass 154 kilograms), suspected psilocybin mushroom/chocolate concoctions. The exhibits were seized by the Texas State Highway Patrol pursuant to a vehicle stop on I-40, just west of Amarillo (the vehicle was travelling from California to Tennessee). The candies were being stored in the vehicle?s trunk in trash bags, under what appeared to be a space blanket, and were furthermore being cooled by dry ice (see Photos 1 and 2). There were two, rather indistinct designs - a fish, and a cameo (see Photos 3 and 4). Microscopic examination of a crushed sample revealed a large amount of finely ground, mushroom-like material mixed into the chocolate. Analysis of this material by TLC, UV, and GC/MS confirmed psilocin (quantitation not performed). This was the laboratory?s first encounter with psilocybin mushroom/chocolate candies, and in fact was the first encounter with any adulterated form of psilocybin mushrooms. The laboratory?s largest previous submission of psilocybin mushrooms was just over seven kilograms.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

"HOMEMADE" CHOCOLATES CONTAINING PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS
APPEARING ACROSS THE UNITED STATES

- RESPONSES REQUESTED -

Editor's Preface: In April and May 2003, the DEA Office of Forensic Sciences received multiple reports of homemade chocolates containing ground-up psilocybin mushroom parts. Three of the reports were from State and Local forensic laboratories and/or police departments in Ohio, Oregon, and Rhode Island. The fourth was reported by the DEA Mid-Atlantic Laboratory (Largo, Maryland), and was seized in Virginia. Additionally, a similar report concerning a seizure in Vail, Colorado was published in the National Drug Intelligence Center's (NDIC's) April 29, 2003 issue of the Narcotics Digest Weekly. The NDIC report also included a summary brief of a number of similar seizures dating back as far as two years.

In several cases, the seizures were multi-kilo. There were two common elements among most of the seizures: First, the chocolates all appeared to have been made from molds - in several cases, using candy molds, and in other cases apparently using ice-cube trays (and the seizure in Virginia was received in an ice-cube tray). In addition, in several cases, the chocolates were wrapped in colored foil.

These reports are the first seen by the Office of Forensic Sciences. As noted above, however, the NDIC report indicates that similar exhibits were seized in the Vail, Colorado area as long as two years ago, and furthermore refers to additional seizures made in Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, Oregon, West Virginia, and Wisconsin since the initial seizure in Vail. The NDIC brief also indicates that the source may be "psilocybin mushroom cultivators in Oregon and Washington who transport the drug via package delivery services", and reported the seizures of over 250 pounds of material in nine incidents by an airport interdiction team in Portland, Oregon. The above referenced report from the Oregon State Police Forensic Laboratory in Portland confirmed five such seizures since October 2002 (probably included in the NDIC total).
The first report of these chocolates (from North Ridgefield, Ohio) in Microgram Bulletin was reported in the May 2003 issue. The other three referenced seizures (or sets of seizures) are reported below. The above referenced intelligence brief from the Narcotics Digest Weekly is also reproduced below.

RESPONSES REQUESTED: The widespread appearances, seizure amounts, and similarities of preparation (candy molds or ice cube trays) and sales packaging (wrapping in colored foil), suggest the possibility of a common source (or a loose confederation of sources) and a nationwide distribution network. The DEA Dangerous Drugs Strategic Intelligence Unit (NTSG) and the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC) are both interested in this issue. Subscribers are asked to forward details to NTSG by FAX to 202/307-7916, Attn: J. Hines; and to NDIC by email to < ronald.strong2@usdoj.gov >.

IN PORTLAND, OREGON

[Summary Report] Beginning in October 2002, the Oregon State Police Forensic Lab in Portland, Oregon received four separate submissions of chocolate candies containing ground psilocybin mushrooms from the Portland Airport Interagency Narcotics Team (PAINT). The candies were molded into various shapes, including eggs, butterflies, bugs, Halloween-theme designs, and Reese's-type cups, and arrived wrapped in metallic foils of assorted colors (see Photos 1 - 2). In all four cases, the concoctions were being shipped via Federal Express to locations nationwide. In the largest case, the total net weight of the concoctions exceeded 11 kilograms. A later submission contained nearly 5 kilograms of finely ground mushroom material (see Photo 3), and also included the food processor used for grinding the mushrooms.

Under magnification, grey flakes were visible throughout the chocolate matrix on all exhibits. Samples were analyzed as follows: The concoctions were crushed, soaked in dilute sulfuric acid, and washed with chloroform (to remove some of the fatty components). The acidic layer was isolated, basified with aqueous NaOH to pH 10, and extracted with chloroform. Analysis of the extract by GC/MS indicated caffeine (from the chocolate) and confirmed psilocin. UV spectrophotometry on the final chloroform extract displayed a broad absorption in the region consistent with psilocin/psilocybin, but it was too similar to the UV from a blank chocolate extract to be considered conclusive. A second analysis was conducted by particle-picking specks of the mushroom material from the concoctions (see Photo 4), adding fresh Weber's color test reagent to them, and noting a color change from red to blue upon addition of a drop of concentrated HCl (positive for psilocin). Quantitation was not performed on any of the exhibits.

[Editor's Notes: According to the submitter, the relative percentage of mushrooms varied significantly between seizures; this indicates poor "quality control" and the potential for overdosing. Additionally, the submitter indicated that a subsequent (fifth) case was seized from a UPS package; this confirms that any parcel delivery service may be utilized for shipment. The latter case was handled by the Portland Police Department (no further information).]

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

DIPROPYLTRYPTAMINE AND 2C-I IN PORTLAND, OREGON

The Oregon State Police Crime Lab (Portland, Oregon) recently received two unusual drug submissions from the Portland Police Bureau. The first was a vial of tan powder (total net mass 3.9 grams), commercially (but crudely) labelled as ?N,N-Dipropyltryptamine? (photo not available). The label also included the CAS number, warning information, and numbers presumably related to inventory or production batch. The vial was turned over to the Portland Police Bureau by the security personnel for an express mail service. Analysis of the powder by color testing (Webers and PDMAB), GC/MS, FTIR, and UV gave results consistent with dipropyltryptamine (DPT) (not quantitated, but only one peak by GC). However, the results were also consistent with N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (DIPT), and since the laboratory did not have reference standards for either compound, the identification was tentative.

The second submission was a pharmacy-style bottle containing four gel caps, each containing a small amount of fluffy white crystalline substance (total net mass of powder less than 10 milligrams), identity unknown but suspected to be an illicit drug (photo not available). The exhibit was part of a polydrug seizure from an individual in Portland who was arrested for failure to appear for previously filed, unrelated drug charges. Analysis by color testing (Marquis), GC/MS, FTIR, and UV indicated 4-iodo-2,5- dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-I).

These were the first submissions of DPT (DIPT) or 2C-I to the laboratory.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

"SWEETART" CANDIES ADULTERATED WITH
5-METHOXY-ALPHA-METHYLTRYTAMINE IN LINCOLN, NEBRASKA

The DEA North Central Laboratory (Chicago, Illinois) recently received 18 stained "SweeTart"? candies, suspected to contain lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) (see Photo 4). The exhibits were seized pursuant to a traffic stop in Lincoln, Nebraska by the Nebraska State Patrol (18 of 36 candies submitted for analysis). Each candy was visibly stained on both the top and bottom surfaces. A cross section one of the candies demonstrated staining though the middle of the tablet, however, it was not possible to determine if the applied solution had soaked through the candy, or if the solution had been applied to both faces. The stained areas were more easily viewed with an ultraviolet light source (e.g., see Photo 5). Some of the candies fluoresced more intensely than others, suggesting that the drug strength varied significantly from tablet to tablet (ultraviolet light at 495 nanometers and an orange #56 filter exhibited the most contrast for photography). Analysis of the tablets (total net mass of 18 candies 30.3 grams) by GC/MS and UV/Vis identified not LSD but rather 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT) (not quantitated). This was the first seizure of this type submitted to the laboratory.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

PERUVIAN TORCH OR SAN PEDRO CACTI IN WISCONSIN

Photo 19

Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory-Madison (Madison, Wisconsin) recently received two separate submissions of plant material having the physical appearance of sliced and dried cucumbers, suspected Peruvian Torch cacti (total net mass 1,030 grams) and psilocybe mushrooms (total net mass 18 grams), respectively (law enforcement organization, location, and circumstances of seizures not provided). The ?mushrooms? were quickly recognized as actually being either Peruvian Torch or San Pedro cacti. These cacti are tubular-type plants from South America that contain mescaline. When harvested, spines are removed from the tubers, which are then sliced into disks and dried, giving them the appearance of dried cucumbers with green edges (see Photo 19). Following an acid-base extraction workup, analysis by GC/MS confirmed mescaline in both exhibits (quantitation not performed). These were the first known submissions of these type cacti to the laboratory.

Quote:

ANGEL TRUMPET IN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA

The Miami-Dade Police Department (Miami, Florida) recently received a submission of 21.7 grams of large, wilted, multicolored flowers, suspected Angel Trumpet, genus Datura or Brugmansia (see Photo 20). The flowers were seized by a Miami-Dade County Public Schools police officer from a middle school student. A literature search indicated that the alkaloidal compounds of interest in Angel Trumpet are scopolamine, atropine, and hyoscyamine. The flowers were chopped and refluxed with methanol, and the resulting solution was filtered and concentrated. Analysis of the extract by GC/MS confirmed scopolamine (quantitation not performed). Atropine and hyoscyamine were not identified; however, these are more minor constituents and are not always encountered. No botanical examination was performed; therefore, the identification was presumptive. This is the laboratory?s first encounter with Angel Trumpet.

[Editor?s Note: Abuse of Datura species, including Angel Trumpet, has resulted in numerous deaths and injuries, including self-mutilations from extreme psychotic incidents. A overview of Angel Trumpet has been previously reported; see: Churchill KT. Angel Trumpet. Microgram 1995;28(8):250. Note that this issue of Microgram is law enforcement restricted.]

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

2C-I TABLETS IN THE BALEARIC ISLANDS (SPAIN)

The Laboratory of Drugs in the Balearic Islands (Spain), recently, received twelve separate submissions of white tablets with displaying an "i" logo on one side and single score on the opposite face, diameter and width 6 x 3 millimeters, suspected Ecstasy (photos not available). The tablets (numbering 43 in total, averaging 154 milligrams each) were seized by the Guardia Civil from various visitors and vacationers on Ibiza island. Analysis by color testing (Marquis - green), GC-FID, and GC/MS, however, indicated not MDMA but rather 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodo-phenethylamine (2C-I; not quantitated). This is the first time that either 2C-I or "i" logo tablets have been encountered at the laboratory.

[Editor?s Notes: A short Intelligence Brief on 2C-I tablets from the Europol Drugs Intelligence Bulletin was reprinted in the May 2003 issue of Microgram Bulletin; this Brief includes photos of ?i? logo tablets of 2C-I that appear to be the same as those described above). The following comments were taken from the January 2004 issue of the Forensic Drug Abuse Advisor (unclassified; reprinted with permission):

Another new product, which originated in California, was synthesized by famed chemist Alexander Shulgin. It is called 2C-I (2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine, also known as 4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, [2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl]-2-aminoethane and 4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylazan). Europol, the drug arm of Interpol, reports that 2C-I first appeared in Denmark in the spring of 2002. Seizures have also been reported in Germany, Sweden and the UK. In addition, according to a report in the DEA?s journal, Microgram, 2C-I has also been seized in Toronto and Milwaukee.

Other than the fact that Shulgin created it (details can be found in his book ?PIHKAL?), not much else is known. The dose is said to be between 15-20 milligrams, the time to onset is at least one-half hour, and it is thought to be very long acting, perhaps even exerting its effects the next day. The delay of the drug?s effect may cause some users to take additional doses or other drugs which may increase the risk of toxicity or accidental over dosage. According to the United Nations, at the present time ?there are no animal or human data concerning general toxicity, reproductive toxicity, neurotoxicity or the mutagenicity and carcinogenic potential of 2C-I.?]

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

LSD LABORATORY SEIZED IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

[From the NDIC Narcotics Digest Weekly 2004;3(9):2
Unclassified, Reprinted with Permission.]

On February 5, 2004, agents from the DEA with assistance from the Seattle Police Department arrested an individual and seized chemicals and glassware necessary to manufacture LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) from his residence. The suspect, a former computer executive who lived in a Seattle suburban estate valued at $2.5 million, was arrested while away from his residence allegedly negotiating a purchase of ergotamine tartrate, an LSD precursor, via telephone from a source in Vietnam. After arresting the subject, DEA agents executed a federal search warrant at his residence resulting in the seizure of approximately 30 liters of chemicals including ether, chloroform, nitrogen, anhydrous ammonia, and bromide. Law enforcement officials also seized computers, glassware, a vacuum pump, a distillation unit, a manual explaining how to manufacture LSD, receipts for chemical and glassware purchases, and approximately 500 OxyContin tablets. According to DEA officials, the suspect had not produced any LSD. The suspect was charged with attempted manufacture of LSD and attempted possession of ergotamine tartrate. The King County Sheriff's Office, Seattle Fire Department, and Seattle Medic 1 Unit participated in this investigation.

NDIC Comment: Seizures of LSD laboratories in the United States are rare. According to NCLSS seizure data, law enforcement officials seized one LSD laboratory in Kansas in 2000, one in Missouri in 2002, and one in California in 2003. Most LSD available in the United States is produced primarily in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest by a relatively small network of experienced chemists; however, independent dealers throughout the country produce the drug in limited quantities.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

LSD LABORATORY IN HARRISONBURG, VIRGINIA

Chemists from the DEA Mid-Atlantic Laboratory (Largo, Maryland) recently participated in the seizure of a boxed polydrug laboratory in Harrisonburg, Virginia, suspected to be for production of methamphetamine, MDMA, and LSD. The storage boxes were seized from an apartment by agents from the DEA Winchester (Virginia) Post of Duty. The exhibits included a variety of chemicals and glassware, including numerous petri dishes and plastic cups containing fungal growth (see Photos 7 and 8). Analysis and evaluation indicated that the clandestine laboratory operator (a biology student at a local University) was attempting to produce lysergic acid from an uncommonly used strain of ergot fungus, Claviceps Paspali, and appeared to be in the early stages of determining optimal growth media and conditions. The chemicals, extensive literature, and notes found at the site confirmed that the operator was following the lysergic acid, N,N-carbonyldiimidazole, diethylamine synthesis (production routes for methamphetamine and MDMA not specified). All necessary chemicals needed for the syntheses of all three substances were present; however, no final products were recovered at the site. This was the first LSD laboratory encountered by laboratory personnel.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

5-METHOXY-ALPHA-METHYLTRYPTAMINE IN SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN

The Lansing Forensic Laboratory (Lansing, MI) recently received 10 milligrams of white powder contained in a foil package, suspected methamphetamine (photo not taken). The exhibit was submitted by the South West Enforcement Team (SWET; a drug task force administered by the Michigan State Police), and was included with a number of exhibits seized during a raid at a methamphetamine laboratory in Southwest Michigan (exact locale withheld). Analysis by GC/MS, however, indicated not methamphetamine but rather 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT), based on the mass spectrum reported in the May 2003 issue of Microgram Bulletin. This is the laboratory's first encounter with 5-MeO-AMT. Three other exhibits submitted in the case contained a total of approximately 10 grams of methamphetamine.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

UNUSUAL POLYDRUG SEIZURE IN ELLSWORTH, KANSAS

Photo 11

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation Laboratory (Great Bend, Kansas) recently received a polydrug submission from the Ellsworth County Sheriff's Office that included a variety of tablets and pills. The drug exhibits, and $1400 cash, were recovered from a backpack that was found at an accident scene on I-70 in Ellsworth County where a vehicle rolled off the road (Ellsworth County is located about 150 miles west of Topeka). Included in the submission were: A) 21 clear capsules that contained white powder (Photo 11), total net mass not recorded; analysis by color tests and GC/MS indicated
4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B). B) 100 tan round tablets with the Rolex "crown" logo (Photo 12), total net mass not recorded; analysis by color tests and GC/MS indicated a (roughly) 3:1 mixture of MDMA and methamphetamine. C) 50 brownish colored, presumed LSD micro-tablets (Photo 13), total net mass not recorded; analysis by TLC and GC/MS confirmed LSD. D) 20 milligrams of white powder in a folded piece of paper; analysis by GC/MS indicated presumed 2,5- dimethoxy-4-ethylthiophenethylamine (2C-T-2) (standard not available). Additional subexhibits included psilocybin mushrooms, marijuana, hashish, diazepam tablets, and alprazolam tablets (total net masses not reported for any of these subexhibits). None of the various subexhibits were quantitated. This was the Laboratory's first ever encounter of 2C-B and 2C-T-2. Amusingly, one the three accident victims later called the Ellsworth County Sheriff's Office inquiring about the lost backpack - he claimed that the cash was his, but not the drugs.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

CHOCOLATE/PSILOCYBIN "LOLLIPOP" IN TAMPA, FLORIDA

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement Tampa Crime Laboratory (Tampa, Florida) recently received an unusual submission of a chocolate lollipop from the Tampa Police Department. The evidence was recovered at a Grateful Dead Concert in Tampa, and was submitted as a suspected chocolate/psilocybin mushroom concoction. The lollipop was cellophane wrapped, about 6 x 4 centimeters in size (candy only), weighed 27.4 grams (including the stick), and looked and smelled like chocolate candy (see Photo 2). However, pieces of fibrous material (presumed ground psilocybin mushroom) were visible throughout the chocolate when the lollipop was broken (see Photo 3). Acid/base workup followed by analysis of an extract by GC and GC/MS confirmed psilocin. Extraction of a separate sample of the exhibit with methanol, followed by preparatory TLC, followed by standard TLC, confirmed psilocin (quantitation not performed). Of note, there was no indication of psilocybin in the sample. This was the first encounter with a chocolate/psilocybin (psilocin) concoction by the Laboratory. [Editor's Note: Numerous additional examples of chocolate/psilocybin mushroom concoctions were reported in the May, June, and August 2003 issues of Microgram Bulletin.]

Quote:

IN SOUTH KINGSTOWN, RHODE ISLAND

The Drug Chemistry Section of the Rhode Island State Forensic Laboratory (Providence, Rhode Island) recently received a submission of two pieces of chocolate "candy" reported to contain psilocin (See Photos 5 and 6). The exhibits were seized in South Kingstown by the South Kingstown Police Department from an individual who was trying to sell them to students at a local public school. The chocolates weighed 16 grams each, and were individually wrapped in colored foil (see upper right quadrant of Photo 5). After cutting the pieces in half, visual inspection confirmed that small pieces of (presumed) mushroom pieces were mixed into the chocolate (see Photo 6). The mixtures were otherwise homogenous, suggesting that the mushroom pieces had been mixed with hot, liquified chocolate, and the resulting concoction allowed to harden in some type of mold (possibly an ice cube tray). Analysis of a 6% acetic acid/chloroform extract by GC/MS and UV confirmed psilocin (quantitation was not performed). This is the first time the laboratory has received a submission of this type.

Photo 5 Photo 6

IN RICHMOND, VIRGINIA

Photo 7

The DEA Mid-Atlantic Laboratory (Largo, Maryland) recently received an unusual exhibit consisting of one 14-section plastic ice cube tray with each compartment containing a cube of hardened mixture of chocolate and plant material, suspected containing psilocybin mushrooms (see Photo 7). The exhibit (total net mass 354.2 grams) was seized from a residence in Richmond, Virginia by agents from the DEA Richmond District Office, and was ancillary to an MDMA seizure. Analysis by GC/MS confirmed psilocin (quantitation was not performed). The exhibit was unusual in that the relative percentage of mushroom material to chocolate was quite high, varying between 10 and 20 percent by volume, and the mushrooms were also "sandwiched" between two layers of chocolate, not evenly distributed. In addition, the chocolate was a much lighter color than "normal" chocolate (see Photo); it was unclear whether this was due to the method of preparation, or if a lighter colored variety of chocolate was used. This was the first submission of a chocolate/psilocybin mushroom concoction to the Mid-Atlantic Laboratory

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM CHOCOLATES
IN CLARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

The Santa Clara County Crime Laboratory (San Jose, California) recently received a polydrug submission which included its first exhibits of chocolate/psilocybin mushroom "candies". The seizures were made by the Mountain View Police Department at a rock concert. The five chocolates were star-shaped, wrapped in colored foil (four in silver, one in gold), and weighed between 12 and 15 grams each (see Photo 1). Pieces of mushrooms were visible throughout the chocolates (see Photo 2). Soaking one full gram of the concoction in 0.2N H2SO4, multiply washing with methylene chloride, basifying the solution, and extraction into n-butyl chloride gave a clean psilocin peak by GC/MS. No quantitation was performed. This case also included a small amount of mushroom stems (by themselves), which also analyzed positive for psilocin (not quantitated). Finally, two ziploc bags containing an unknown white powder (suspected Ecstasy) were submitted (total net mass 1.89 grams). Analysis by color testing and FTIR confirmed 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, not quantitated). The submission of MDMA in powdered form (rather than as tablets) has not occurred in Santa Clara County for several years.

[Editor's Notes: Previous seizures of psilocybin mushroom chocolates were detailed in the May and June 2003 issues of Microgram Bulletin. Again, all subscribers are reminded that the DEA Dangerous Drugs Strategic Intelligence Unit (NTSG) and the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC) remain interested in this issue. Subscribers encountering these concoctions are asked to forward details to NTSG by FAX to 202/307-7916, Attn: J. Hines; and to NDIC by email to <ronald.strong2@usdoj.gov>.]

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

"FOXY-METHOXY" TABLETS IN SALEM, OREGON

Photo 4
The Oregon State Police Forensic Laboratory (Springfield, Oregon) recently received a polydrug submission consisting of numerous 0.2 gram bindles of cocaine and four tablets of suspected Ecstasy (MDMA). The exhibits were seized near a high school by the Salem Police Department. The tablets (total net mass 0.95 grams) were 9 millimeters in diameter, off-white with pink speckles, and had a spider logo on one face and two dimples on the opposite face (see Photo 4). Analysis by color testing and GC/MS, however, indicated not MDMA but rather 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT), sometimes referred to as "Foxy" or "Foxy-Methoxy" (not quantitated). This is the third time this substance has been seen by the Oregon State Police Forensic Division, the other times being at the Portland and Central Point laboratories.

[Editor's Notes: According to the analyst, the Portland submission also had a spider logo, but was a salmon/pink color and lacked the double dimple on the opposite tablet face. The Central Point submission (reported in Microgram 2001;34(11):290) was a tan powder.]

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

5-METHOXY-ALPHA-METHYLTRYPTAMINE IN MESA, ARIZONA

The City of Mesa Police Department Crime Laboratory (Mesa, Arizona) recently received a unusual submission consisting of six small plastic zip-lock style bags (imprinted with green marijuana leaf logos), each containing approximately 32 milligrams of a hard, brittle, and deep green colored material that appeared to be pieces of broken glass or plastic, each approximately 0.5 - 1.0 cm in size, suspected LSD (see Photos 5 and 6). The exhibits were seized by the City of Mesa Police Department as a result of a traffic stop. The material would not dissolve in water, and preliminary color tests (Marquis, cobalt thiocyanate, sodium nitroprusside, Froehde's, and p-DMBA) were negative or inconclusive. Analysis of a hexane/ethanol extract by GC/MS indicated 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT), as published in the May 2003 issue of Microgram Bulletin (page 96). Quantitation was not performed. This was the first encounter with this substance at the Mesa Crime Laboratory.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

DEXTROMETHORPHAN TABLETS IN BALLSTON SPA, NEW YORK

The New York State Police Forensic Investigation Center (Albany, New York) recently received fifteen plastic bags containing a total of 1467 round, unmarked, white tablets, total net mass 654 grams, suspected Ecstasy (photos not taken). The exhibits were seized by the New York State Police as a result of an undercover sale and subsequent search warrant in Ballston Spa (located about 20 miles north of Albany). Analysis by color testing, TLC, FTIR, GC/MSD, and crystal testing, however, indicated not MDMA but rather dextromethorphan, a non-controlled substance (quantitation not performed). Dextromethorphan is rarely encountered in this laboratory, especially in such a large quantity.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

VERY LARGE PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS, PEYOTE CACTI, AND MARIJUANA
GROW OPERATION IN GUILDERLAND AND SCOTIA, NEW YORK

Photo 1

The New York State Police Forensic Investigation Center (Albany, New York) recently received a large polydrug submission consisting of 645 large jars containing growing psilocybin mushroom cultures (see Photo 1), 12 pots with growing peyote cacti, 45 growing marijuana plants, and over 10 pounds of dried psilocybin mushrooms. Growing media, rye grain, hay, mushroom spores, scales, glassware, thermometer, drying racks, firearms, and fireworks were also recovered. The evidence was seized by the Albany County Sheriff's Department from two separate residences in Guilderland and Scotia (suburbs of Albany), that were set up as large-scale indoor grow operations. The spores were purchased from an Internet source [Details not provided in accordance with Bulletin policy]. Analysis of the mushrooms by TLC and GC/MS confirmed psilocybin. Analysis of the peyote cacti by GC/MS confirmed mescaline. The marijuana was not analyzed. None of the exhibits were quantitated

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

N,N-DIPROPYLTRYPTAMINE HCL IN ALLIANCE, OHIO

The Canton-Stark County Crime Laboratory (Canton, Ohio) recently received a blue vial, labelled as containing 1 gram of "Ultra-Pure N,N-Dipropyltryptamine HCl (DPT)" (apparently a commercial preparation). The exhibit had been submitted by the Stark County Sheriff's Department, pursuant to a drug overdose in Alliance, Ohio. The victim apparently acquired the material via an Internet sale [Details not provided in accordance with Bulletin policy]. The vial still contained 0.49 grams of a white powder, which gave a yellow-fading-to-green Marquis test. Analysis by GC/MS and FTIR, confirmed dipropyltryptamine HCl, based on comparisons with spectral libraries. This was the Crime Laboratory's first encounter with this substance.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF-

MAIL-ORDER PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SPORES IN GREAT FALLS, MONTANA

The DEA Western Laboratory (San Francisco, California) recently received a submission of three standard design, plastic, 12 milliliter syringes containing a clear liquid with very small black specks suspended in the solution, suspected to be aqueous suspensions of psilocybin mushroom spores. The exhibits were seized by the Postal Inspector in Great Falls, Montana. Each syringe had a piece of colored tape wrapped around it; one red, one white, and one blue. Each tape had a different alphanumeric code written on it, the meaning of which was not intuitively obvious. For prosecution purposes (attempt to manufacture psilocybin and/or psilocin, controlled substances), it was necessary to show both that the spores were viable (would grow mushrooms), and that the mushrooms grown from the spores contained psilocybin and/or psilocin.

Photo 5
Visual examination of a drop of the liquid at 750x magnification revealed thousands of brownish colored, semi-transparent, oval shaped spores. Each solution was used to innoculate four different growth media: Potato, dextrose, yeast agar (PDY), dog food agar (DFA), malt extract agar (MEA), and brown rice powder and vermiculite. The basic procedures followed those provided in: Gross ST. Detecting psychoactive drugs in the developmental stages of mushrooms. Journal of Forensic Sciences 2000;45(3):527. [Further details not provided in accordance with Bulletin policy.] Mycelium growth was obtained with two of the syringes; analysis of samples of the mycelium by GC/MS and GC/IRD confirmed psilocin (see: Casale JF. An aqueous-organic extraction method for the isolation and identification of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms. Journal of Forensic Sciences 1985;30(1):247). Transfer of the mycelium to a grow chamber resulted in mushroom growth (see Photo 5), and analysis of the dried mushrooms confirmed psilocin. This was the first submission of this type to the Western Laboratory.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

2C-I - A NEW AMPHETAMINE TYPE STIMULANT IDENTIFIED IN DENMARK

[From the Europol Drugs Intelligence Bulletin 2002;2:7
Unclassified; Reprinted with Permission.]

The Danish authorities have reported a seizure, in April 2002, of a tablet with the amphetamine type stimulant 2C-I (2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine). This is the only seizure report received by the Europol Drugs Unit on tablets with this particular active agent. However, other sources reveal that similar seizures have been made in Toronto, Canada and Milwaukee, USA.

Photo 1
In each case the tablet has been white with a diameter of 6 to 6.1 mm, a thickness of 2.7 mm and displaying the "i" logo. Shown is a photo [Photo 1] of the tablet seized in Denmark:

2C-I is chemically similar to 2C-B (regularly reported) but, according to open source user reports, it has a slightly different effect. User reports refer to a delayed, deep and complex effect with 15-20 mg active substance. This may indicate a risk of overdose if sold as ecstasy, as occurs with PMA/PMMA.

Europol Drugs Unit kindly requests all law enforcement and forensic authorities to report details of seizures of tablets with this logo and/or active substance

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CONTAINING PSILOCIN/PSILOCYBIN
IN NORTH RIDGEFIELD, OHIO

Photo 6

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation Laboratory (Richfield, Ohio) recently received eight pieces of homemade chocolate containing suspected psilocybin mushrooms (total net mass 145.76 grams; see Photo 6. Note that the four displayed pieces in the photo were split from one of the original eight pieces. The original pieces had shapes that suggested they were originally molded in an ice-cube tray) The exhibits were seized by the North Ridgeville Police Department, and were associated with an upcoming concert in the area. Inspection of each piece revealed the presence of vegetable matter (see photo), which was separated by particle-picking. Analysis of a methanol extract by TLC and GC/MS confirmed the presence of psilocin and psilocybin. This is the first submission of this type to this laboratory; however, a second submission containing over 150 similar homemade chocolate bars with suspected psilocin/psilocybin mushrooms was subsequently submitted; this latter seizure was made in Solon, Ohio and was also associated with the referenced concert.

Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

5-METHOXY-ALPHA-METHYLTRYPTAMINE (5-MEO-AMT) APPEARING
IN SUGAR CUBES AND LSD-STYLE BLOTTER PAPERS

The DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory (Dulles, Virginia) has recently received multiple reports of sugar cubes and LSD-style blotter papers containing 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT). Drug abuse literature (unconfirmed) suggests that this tryptamine is relatively potent. The mass spectra of 5-MeO-AMT is provided below; complete analytical data will follow in a later issue of Microgram Bulletin or Microgram Journal.

Quote:

- SCHEDULING UPDATE-

ALPHA-METHYLTRYPTAMINE (AMT) AND 5-METHOXY-N, N-DIISOPROPYL-TRYPTAMINE
(5-MeO-DIPT, "FOXY") ARE EMERGENCY SCHEDULED

EVENT: Temporary placement of alpha-methyltryptamine (AMT) and 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT) into Schedule I through emergency scheduling provision of the CSA

DATE OF EVENT: April 4, 2003

REPORTING ELEMENT: DEA Office of Diversion (OD)

WHEN REPORTED: April 8, 2003

SUMMARY: This is to provide you with an update on the Emergency scheduling of alpha-methyl-tryptamine (AMT) and 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT) into Schedule I of the CSA. AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT are tryptamine derivatives and share chemical and pharmacological similarities with the Schedule I tryptamine hallucinogens, alpha-ethyltryptamine (AET) and N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), respectively. AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT are stimulant/hallucinogens abused for their abilities to induce hallucinatory states. AMT can produce nervous tension, irritability, restlessness, inability to sleep, blurry vision, pupillary dilatation, hallucinations and dextroamphetamine-like mood elevating effects. 5-MeO-DIPT can produce talkativeness, disinhibition, pupillary dilatation, nausea, jaw clenching, muscle tension and overt hallucinations with both auditory and visual distortions. There are no legitimate medical or scientific uses of AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT. The safety of human consumption of these substances has not been determined. Since 1999, law enforcement officials in several states have encountered AMT. The abuse by teens and young adults of AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT is an emerging problem. There have been reports of abuse of AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT at clubs and raves. Many tryptamine-based substances including AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT are illicitly available from United States and foreign chemical companies and from individuals through the Internet. There is also evidence suggesting the attempted clandestine production of AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT.

In response to this apparent growing problem and to avoid an imminent harm, a Final Notice temporarily placing AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT into Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) pursuant to the temporary scheduling provisions of the CSA was published in the Federal Register on April 4, 2003 (68 FR 16427). This adds to three other substances, namely N-benzylpiperazine (BZP), 1-(3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl) piperazine (TFMPP), and 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylthiophenethylamine (2C-T-7), that were temporarily scheduled into Schedule I through a Final notice published in Federal Register on September 20, 2002 (67 FR 59161 and 67 FR 59163).

The Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section within the Office of Diversion Control is collecting information to support the final scheduling actions for these substances.

:shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2885030 - 07/13/04 05:35 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:finger: :piggy:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: Adom]
    #2885065 - 07/13/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Adom said:
Didn't he meet up with everyones favorite friend Urbanator?

Then he sold to him?

Something like that?

Urban legend? Or fact?

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2885081 - 07/13/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

<--- LEO

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2885911 - 07/13/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There have definitely been many narcs on this board in the past 5-6 odd years. In fact I'm sure there are probably DEA agents who part of their job description is to keep current on the shroomery and other similar bulletin boards. I don't think they are so concerned about busting people for having home grows and little crap, more so than they are for gathering information, collecting data i.e - intelligence.. who knows what motives they have, probably evil ones.. but they certainly aren't busting out and arresting shroomerites left and right. We're mostly a peaceful group of shroom growing internet people.. they have no use for us.. they want the big guys.

So just assume that yes, there are always narcs here.. and act accordingly. Don't post anything you don't want narcs or feds to know, simple as that.

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #2886039 - 07/13/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

From the DEA types I've talked to (I have one for a teacher right now, ex-DEA anyway) they really don't give a shit about the users. They want the guys who smuggle in 25,000 lbs of marijuana on a jetliner. Key words for the dea types, posession with intent to distribute. It'd be like the fbi kicking down your door to serve a summons for a traffic ticket...

Of course they CAN fuck with you if they want, but generally they have better things to do with their time. I do expect they have people cruising the internet (and the streets, etc) to keep fresh on the latest slang, trends, etc. Otherwise, *shrug*.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: Fliquid]
    #2886122 - 07/13/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Fact is GGR met up with Urb and was hooked up by him.. then GGR mysteriously disappeared.

I don't think Urbanator ever got into any trouble but it was just a wierd situation.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2886163 - 07/13/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

narcs scare the shit out of me. thats why i try and know my friends inside and out and only hang out with those who practice or support drug use.

overall, i find it completely sad to have to fucking risk life and relationship just to stuff your body with substances. the law is overrating this shit times 10.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

OfflineTurdy
understandingthe universe

Loc: us of a
    #2887284 - 07/13/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

::straps on my tinfoil hat:: im glad they got rid of that dxm as e pills though.

--------------------
I see picasso as a realest. Monet is way abstract.

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2887628 - 07/13/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Adom said:
If I was to grow ever, it would be for my eyes only.  No one would know, nothing would be sold and the people I shared with would believe I purchased everything. 

I never sold drugs to anyone I've met because I don't sell drugs.  I'm not worried about running into narcs, they'd be very disapointed in my gram of pot and glass pipe.

if i were going to do a growing operation, i wouldnt even be a member of this board! if i ever did grow, it would be for personal use only. i only did try growing fungi once in my life and it failed :frown: just knowing my email and IP is sitting in some shroomery database would be enough to have me a little worried (not that any mods would hand them over, but you never know if they could hack in there and see who posts in the grow sections). theyd be pretty disapointed if they came to my house also :smile:

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2887656 - 07/13/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know about any narcs but `Piller will run-go tell Ripple everytime :tongue2:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2887955 - 07/13/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Take Precautions

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: have we ever found a narc on these boards? [Re: synthesis]
    #2888029 - 07/13/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"if i were going to do a growing operation, i wouldnt even be a member of this board! "

^^ read it twice.

i dont grow anythign illegal anymore so fuck em. :blowjob:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #2888076 - 07/13/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Freaky..  :confused:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
    #2888078 - 07/13/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
Every year the shroomery should have one day where everyone who posts is encouraged to change their avatar to a black and white yearbook photo.  It would be called "yearbook photo day" and there will be drinking and whatnot.

Isn't that Michael Moore's picture in your avatar, question_for_joo??
:grin:

Yeah...ummm, :cough:, the cops wouldn't find shit at my house....:cough, cough:...

:whistling:

:hears knock at door and cowers under the table:

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale