Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Should I trip?
    #2859421 - 07/05/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hello guys. So I have had the itch to trip lately, but I need some sound advice whether it would be a good idea or not. I have only really tripped once before on mescaline and it was pretty intense. I've shroomed, but all that happened was I got giggly and easily startled.

About a month ago I had a very bad experience from too much weed and I was left in a deep despair about what seemed to be the nature of reality. For a couple weeks I was terrorized by the thought of time and the past constantly disapearing into memory. I also had a really difficult trying to wrack my brain around how I exist or don't exist. It's like staring into an unsolvable paradox. I would get very depressed because any experience was always overshadowed by the thought "This is all an illusion, it means nothing, life is a cruel joke"
All of these thoughts left me feeling that everything is false, I am compltely alone (even from myself), everything is in my mind, and even my mind might not be there either. I felt like there is nothing more to life than what is in front of me right now, and even that isn't really real.

Since then I have had time to process this information and I have concluded, that all of those thoughts that frighten me are just thoughts and don't really mean anything. Life itself isn't the illusion, the thought is, and so is the thought that life is an illusion. The thought that life is meaningless is itself meaningless; life simply is what it is. The problem was trying to comprehend things that are beyond thought with thought. I have a very overactive mind and I think my thoughts simply tried to go places they couldn't go. It makes me feel very limited and small. I might have realized some true things, but the problem was my interpretation of them. Other things like time and death are inescapable and I have had to learn to come to terms with.

I feel more or less back to normal now, at least during the day. So now here is the thing: would a low level trip on mushrooms or mescaline help me or hurt me? Ideally, I would hope that such an experience would show something higher, more real and important than myself and my normal experience. I guess I am looking for an experience to help me reconnect with the world and find some kind of significance in it. I'm not interested in recessing farther into my mind to escape reality like some people do when tripping. I want to find God, or the Tao, or something transcendent to help me have faith in life and not be a nihilist.

In all probobility would a trip be able to help me transend nihilistic thoughts, or reinforce them? I don't really believe in 'meaning' per say, but I would like to experience some kind of purpose, order or unity.

My second concern would be choice of substance. I would prefer a shorter trip like shrooms give, but I have never taken enough to have encountered the 'mind fuck'. For my purposes, might the more sober state that mescaline produces be better suited? I know I can handle mescaline, but it doesn't seem to be very conscious or thoughtful, and it leaves me feeling really drained.
Dosage is also an issue. Tentitavely I have estimated that 2grams of Cubensis or 25grams of dry Peruvian Torch would be right. I want to stay grounded enough in reality that I can apply and intergrate my experiences with normal life. Also, I would rather avoid an intense trip. Visuals are cool, but in this case clarity and control would be more valuable.

Ok to sum it up: Would a low dose of shrooms or cactus help me connect more with reality or would it take me farther away? Would it make sense of life or more confusion?

Well, if you read all that thanks. Please give me some advice.

Edited by Divided_Sky (07/05/04 09:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
Re: Should I trip? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2859800 - 07/05/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Only you know if you're ready. If you're unsure, then don't.

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2859827 - 07/05/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Hello guys. So I have had the itch to trip lately, but I need some sound advice whether it would be a good idea or not. I have only really tripped once before on mescaline and it was pretty intense. I've shroomed, but all that happened was I got giggly and easily startled.

About a month ago I had a very bad experience from too much weed and I was left in a deep despair about what seemed to be the nature of reality. For a couple weeks I was terrorized by the thought of time and the past constantly disapearing into memory. I also had a really difficult trying to wrack my brain around how I exist or don't exist. It's like staring into an unsolvable paradox. I would get very depressed because any experience was always overshadowed by the thought "This is all an illusion, it means nothing, life is a cruel joke"
All of these thoughts left me feeling that everything is false, I am compltely alone (even from myself), everything is in my mind, and even my mind might not be there either. I felt like there is nothing more to life than what is in front of me right now, and even that isn't really real.

Since then I have had time to process this information and I have concluded, that all of those thoughts that frighten me are just thoughts and don't really mean anything. Life itself isn't the illusion, the thought is, and so is the thought that life is an illusion. The thought that life is meaningless is itself meaningless; life simply is what it is. The problem was trying to comprehend things that are beyond thought with thought. I have a very overactive mind and I think my thoughts simply tried to go places they couldn't go. It makes me feel very limited and small. I might have realized some true things, but the problem was my interpretation of them. Other things like time and death are inescapable and I have had to learn to come to terms with.

I feel more or less back to normal now, at least during the day. So now here is the thing: would a low level trip on mushrooms or mescaline help me or hurt me? Ideally, I would hope that such an experience would show something higher, more real and important than myself and my normal experience. I guess I am looking for an experience to help me reconnect with the world and find some kind of significance in it. I'm not interested in recessing farther into my mind to escape reality like some people do when tripping. I want to find God, or the Tao, or something transcendent to help me have faith in life and not be a nihilist.

In all probobility would a trip be able to help me transend nihilistic thoughts, or reinforce them? I don't really believe in 'meaning' per say, but I would like to experience some kind of purpose, order or unity.

My second concern would be choice of substance. I would prefer a shorter trip like shrooms give, but I have never taken enough to have encountered the 'mind fuck'. For my purposes, might the more sober state that mescaline produces be better suited? I know I can handle mescaline, but it doesn't seem to be very conscious or thoughtful, and it leaves me feeling really drained.
Dosage is also an issue. Tentitavely I have estimated that 2grams of Cubensis or 25grams of dry Peruvian Torch would be right. I want to stay grounded enough in reality that I can apply and intergrate my experiences with normal life. Also, I would rather avoid an intense trip. Visuals are cool, but in this case clarity and control would be more valuable.

Well, if you read all that thanks. Please give me some advice.

All of my experiences on mushrooms have led to a profound resolution of my current social and introspective issues.

Before tripping I would suggest meditating. Take a lower dosage so the visuals will be less intense but mentally you will receive stimulation.

Place around your setting familiar items from the past that you treasure. Have someone to reassure you of your safety, have them hold you and comfort you during the trip at some point. Meditate with soft ambience playing and search deep within yourself for the answers. The mushrooms will help you in the journey.

If you are truly looking for thought provoking experience throw away the trip toys, turn off the T.V and computer. Don't be distracted in your voyage by material items.

2 Grams sounds great too me. Also, a shower during the peak of your high can be truly shamanistic(cleansing as a metaphor to accentuate your thoughts).

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Should I trip? [Re: daft]
    #2859871 - 07/05/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

daft said:

All of my experiences on mushrooms have led to a profound resolution of my current social and introspective issues.

Before tripping I would suggest meditating. Take a lower dosage so the visuals will be less intense but mentally you will receive stimulation.

Place around your setting familiar items from the past that you treasure. Have someone to reassure you of your safety, have them hold you and comfort you during the trip at some point. Meditate with soft ambience playing and search deep within yourself for the answers. The mushrooms will help you in the journey.

If you are truly looking for thought provoking experience throw away the trip toys, turn off the T.V and computer. Don't be distracted in your voyage by material items.

2 Grams sounds great too me. Also, a shower during the peak of your high can be truly shamanistic(cleansing as a metaphor to accentuate your thoughts).

Thanks alot daft!
That sums up my plan perfectly. I want to find a quiet place where I can be outside in nature, but also feel safe indoors. I plan on doing a breath meditation for about 45 minutes before ingestion and then while I'm waiting for them to come on contemplate the people and things I care about.

This time I would have certain trip topics to focus on:
1. The interconnectivity of everything
2. The importance of altruism and love
3. The insignificance of my own problems
4. The complexity of the world around me
5. The illusory nature of negative thoughts

I'm looking for some music that will help the trip be more intimate and meaningful. In the past it has been mostly Phish or Pink Floyd. Could you recommend so some good ambient/electronica type music?

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
    #2859936 - 07/05/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Surely.

I once was so deeply lost in my trip that I listened to Aphex Twins - Xtal for 1 hour straight.

So here's my list:
Aphex Twin - Xtal
Aphex Twin - Tha
Aphex Twin - Pulsewidth
Aphex Twin - Ageispolis
Aphex Twin - I
Aphex Twin - Heliosphan
Aphex Twin - Hedphelym
Boards of Canada - Magic Teens
Boards of Canada - Davie Addison
Boards of Canada - Happy Cycling
Boards of Canada - 5 9 78
Massive Attack - Everywhen
Massive Attack - Small Time Shot Away
Massive Attack - Name Taken
Dj Krush - Danger of Love (only if you're feeling confident and will be able to question the necessity of love)

That's a good start.

Remember, if you feel overwhelmed at any point, think "chaos is the playground unto which I am best able to bring order and structure to my own thoughts".

On a side note I must take apprehension to one of your topics. The third one seems all to belittling of oneself. It could send you in a downward spiral and you may not be able to refocus.

Try rethinking that one. Perhaps change it to, the relativity of all things. Your problem is important to you, the fact that it isn't to someone else does not make it any less significant to you. Everything is relative.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Should I trip? [Re: daft]
    #2859990 - 07/05/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

daft said:
On a side note I must take apprehension to one of your topics. The third one seems all to belittling of oneself. It could send you in a downward spiral and you may not be able to refocus.

Try rethinking that one. Perhaps change it to, the relativity of all things. Your problem is important to you, the fact that it isn't to someone else does not make it any less significant to you. Everything is relative.

Thanks alot. I've been attending a Tibetan Buddhist meditation class and one of our contemplations is on the immenseness of the universe, and our smallness in it. The excercise is to weaken the ego and shift one's focus onto the bigger picture to replace selfishness with compassion. That was my intention, but you are probobly alot more experienced than I am so I will take your suggestion to heart.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
    #2860071 - 07/05/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You're gonna have a great trip, I can tell.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#2876368 - 07/10/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Back to my one o my original questions for anyone with experience with both substances: For my aims would psilocybin or mescaline be a better tool?

I'm not very experienced with mushrooms, but a shorter trip seems appealing, and the mental stimulation sounds like it could be cool. However, if it is anything like the confusion, anxiety and nihilistic feelings you get on high amounts of weed I definately to do not want that!
I am experienced with mescaline and it seems like a good option, but it lasts a long time.

Advice?

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
    #2877285 - 07/11/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms are 'your senses and thoughts, emotions and feelings multiplied 100 fold'.

So, you can experience the greatest joy and feelings of security alongside your greatest sorrow and despair.

If you come into the trip with thoughts, you focus sit close your eyes and meditate some incredible thoughts will come out of it.

I definately would recommend shrooms for introspective exploration. Thoughts loops are the only negative aspect, but if you are prepared they are easy enough to overcome.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #2877492 - 07/11/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Since you're slightly unsure, I'd reccomend shrooms because of the duration...

By the sounds of it though, I wouldn't be too afraid if I were you. You'll be fine.

Offlinecreten
Blue belliedskunk

#2877812 - 07/11/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn`t taqke owt man, they all distort reality owt of proportion.
Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

--------------------
Don`t be frightened of no one, there all cunts.

Offlinecreten
Blue belliedskunk

#2877814 - 07/11/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn`t take owt man, they all distort reality owt of proportion.
Sometimes good, sometimes bad.
I`ve had some pretty scary times because i thought it would be good/enlightening. Put me in a mental ward for 12weeks. I think.

--------------------
Don`t be frightened of no one, there all cunts.

Edited by creten (07/11/04 10:29 AM)

OfflineParisHilton
Stranger
    #2911191 - 07/21/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldnt do it. When you are in unstable mental condition..I dont care what anyone says..trippin out is not a good choice. Trippin is reserved for times where you are stable and at peace with yourself..ready to face any scariness that may occur so as to enjoy your trip thoroughly. So dont do it til you get out of this matrix you seem to have created for yourself!

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#2913057 - 07/21/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I thought about it and decided that the trip will have to wait. I've been doing hour and a half long meditation sessions once a week, and each time some kind of deep seated fear or resistance seems to emerge. These sessions are a trip in themselves because they are so long and deep. I think they may be good in helping me prepare for a trip, but right now they show me that I need to be careful.

I am tempted do it in order to get some clarity and insight, but I think that existential fear could be too much. On the other hand, the only way to get rid of it might be to face it. My rational mind is probobly ready, but my emotional state is not. I'm going to wait till my emotional state is more balanced and my meditation practice is stronger.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract