Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefft2
journeyman

September 11th
    #2875863 - 07/10/04 02:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

September 11, 2001. In this sequence, Bush, having just been told that a passenger plane struck one of the World Trade Center towers, enters a Florida classroom and begins reading "My Pet Goat" with a group of kids. At this point, you've got to be struck by the fact that, having been informed of an incident that at the very least involves the deaths of hundreds of airline passengers and tower employees, Bush decides to proceed with a cheap photo op staged to convince America that he's interested in education. But the kicker, the "Stillson Moment," comes a few minutes later. One of Bush's aides walks into the room and whispers to our fearless leader that a second plane has hit the other tower. At this instant, there is no doubt that America is under a large, coordinated terrorist attack. So what bold, decisive action does Bush take? None. He just sits there like a dumb sh*t. And he does so for almost seven minutes before he finally leaves the room.

Now, Bush is spending $200 million to convince Americans that he's a leader. That he's decisive. That he can and will take bold action in the face of a crisis. But thanks to the videotape shot on September 11, we know it's a lie. Fahrenheit 9/11 shows us what all the misleading advertising in the world couldn't cover up: When faced with a real emergency, George W. Bush, with nobody to tell him what to say or how to act, simply froze. For almost seven minutes on September 11, America was paying a $400,000 yearly salary to an ice sculpture. I dare any pundit, any handler, anybody who supports this loser to explain this away.

The game is up. In an era when this administration's policies have made America the most hated country on the planet, our very survival requires that we have a strong leader at the bridge. And Americans now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that George W. Bush is no leader. We have the videotape to prove it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: September 11th [Re: fft2]
    #2875878 - 07/10/04 02:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Let me pose a question to you: What would you have had him do? 'Anything else' is not a legitimate answer...I want to know what you think he POSSIBLY COULD HAVE DONE to help the situation in some way while scarce, at best, information was available? Don't get me wrong, I LOATHE Bush, but this is such a menial issue it boggles the mind that such a ridiculous deal is being made of it. How about attacking the innumerable horrid decisions he made from the moment he left that school to the present day. I assure you, there are no shortage of them.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Re: September 11th [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2875914 - 07/10/04 02:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think one of the weirdest parts about this whole thing isn't the fact that Bush just sat there (although I did find that strange), but the fact that the Secret Service didn't jump in and whisk the him away once they knew "America is under attack". I mean, isn't protecting the POSU their number one objective at all times? How did they know he wasn't a target?

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: September 11th [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2875923 - 07/10/04 02:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe he could have checked to see if he needed to authorize the shooting down of one of the airliners. Only he and Cheney had the authorization to do so, I believe.

He supposedly had no idea who was attacking us. He didn't know how many planes had been hijacked. He didn't know if he himself was in danger. Reading "My Pet Goat" while these questions and more go unanswered is unacceptable.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2876228 - 07/10/04 06:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You don't expect us to believe you wrote that, do you?

Please follow the forum rules and provide the source.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2876322 - 07/10/04 06:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Your ability to cut and paste is unmatched.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion