Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Help! Mycelium Syringes
    #2874802 - 07/10/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone know a good way to make a mycelium syringe? I've read a few teks, but now I'm a little more confused. Some say you need to use a solution of honey and water, or malt extract and water then add spore solution. Or some say as simple as just using a piece of mycelium and water shaken up and using that solution to add to a pf jar. I saw a post that didn't even state how much spore solution to malt extract+water solution to add. Not too clear on details.
So if anyone can help clear my head with all this info and explain a simple and effective tek please go ahead.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
doctor ofjournalism

Loc: all through da wabbit hol...
Re: Help! Mycelium Syringes [Re: Madnessplus]
    #2874959 - 07/10/04 02:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

both methods work well. it makes it alot easyer if you have one of these
(shitty pic) but you can see the yellow plug is the injection site. just ad brokin glass and distiled water, then PC for like 20-30 mins. ad chunk of pf cake or whatever. and shake

I took their adivice gobbled heads and stems, drank vitamin-c enriched grapfruit liquid just to clense, my flem its been, half an hour since i ate em, still cant lose the after-taste from the bloomers, tell me why did i take em -atmosphere-

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2875883 - 07/10/04 02:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My experience with mycellium growth in liquids:

Previous information shows that anything over 10% sugar content is toxic....so take your jar (pints and half pints are easier, because you don't have to open the jar to get the mycellium) put a bit of honey in it, put water in, stir. It should be a light honey colored.

Pressure cook for approx. 20 minutes. Too much longer and it'll carmelize, making the mixture useless. carmalized mixture is MUCH darker than it was previously. you can expect some darkening due to more even dispersion of the honey thru the water due to heating.

Inject spores....don't need much. I've used <1cc in a pinch and had success. Wait 5 days or so....when you start to see growth(most cases i've seen have been spherical mycellium starting from the spores)
shake it up a bit...glass shards are helpful, but not necessary.

Another couple of days, and you should have a jar that's all set to pull from. make sure your syringe is sterilized before you pull the mycellium water out, and sterilize between each injection. (alcohol n flame work fine)

Few other things: If you have trouble with contaminants, you may want to put a small amount (1-2cc's) of H2O2 in the honeywater when you see definitive signs of growth. And altho it will grow with just the injection hole, MUCH better growth is evident with the use of a polyfill/filter disk.

Your mileage may vary, but in my experience it's a fairly simple, easy way to get more out of your spore syringe....

Stay frosty.

"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2877856 - 07/11/04 12:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You can use spores in unperoxidated liquid medium, or mycelium in peroxidated liquid medium.

I suggest you learn more about peroxide / H2O2

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Malt Extract

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation