Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying
    #2871615 - 07/09/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Congress Refuses To Halt Federal Raids On Medi-Pot Patients
July 8, 2004 - Washington, DC, USA

Washington, DC: Patients and their caregivers who use or possess medicinal cannabis in compliance with state law will continue to be subject to federal arrest and prosecution, after the House of Representatives yesterday voted down a proposed amendment that sought to bar Justice Department officials from interfering with the implementation of state medi-pot laws. The House voted 268 to 148 against the bi-partisan measure, sponsored by Reps. Sam Farr (D-CA), Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), and Ron Paul (R-TX).

Of those who voted in support of this year's proposal, 19 were Republicans and 128 were Democrats

Yup folks. Just keep supporting those jack-boots who hate your personal freedoms.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: Swami]
    #2871633 - 07/09/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

They dont hate personal freedom... Sounds to me like alot of democreats voted against it too. Even though this issue is very important, the collection of other issues outweigh this solo one.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: Redo]
    #2871787 - 07/09/04 04:12 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which states, ?The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.?

This is pretty clear and a vote against it is a vote against The Constitution.

Government of, by and for the people is just a joke.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2871806 - 07/09/04 04:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well I know I feel much safer with those sick and dying people in prison. Uggh.  :mad2:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2871821 - 07/09/04 04:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
The Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which states, ?The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.?

This is pretty clear and a vote against it is a vote against The Constitution.

Government of, by and for the people is just a joke.

Just like social Security, Welfare, Medicaid and so many more.

Do you believe in the 10th all the time or only when pot is an issue?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #2871926 - 07/09/04 06:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So now it begins in earnest... I knew I would be on a witch list when I signed up for the Oregon MMJ program. So I say bring 'em on!There are 10,000++card holders in the beaver state and most of us are armed.
My government has done nothing but destroy the quality of my life and done nothing which I consider beneficial to me or my family that family did not take care of on it's own.I am 46 yrs old and have worked and payed taxes since I was an emancipated 16, 30 yrs of school, hard labor and the sweat of my brow. For this I will never accept SS or medicare, welfare or any other form of government assistance, in spite of being "disabled" due to arthritis and injury.
I have given a grandfather, five cousins and a nephew to uncle sam's wars along with 30 yrs of taxation and all they an think of to do is harrass the one substance which allows me to "pursue happiness" by ameliorating old injuries pain.It is with cannabis alone I am able to continue to be a productive societal member and continue to pay taxes.
In adddition what effect will 10,000++ Oregonian cannabis users all need to be treated for their symptoms via physicians suddenly dumped into the medical system have? You guessed it even more of all those things Luvvie mentioned he hates about abuse of the 9th and 10th ammendments as the roles of cannabis users file into the medical system.
PS In Oregon the most severe infractions of the Cannabis law have occured for five yrs and have been commited by the administration of the program.I have yet to here the cry from LEO about willful malfeasance and directly thwarting the spirit of the law.Only the same old cliche`s about "this ain't yo daddies pot!"
Well I for one see it for what it is,Just like the modern farmer's ultimate control of the life of their livestock,we are production units.Nothing more,therfore decisions which may affect productivity must be made by big bro not lil you.Remarkable a country which experimented with prohibition and deemed it a failure would readopt the same failed policies which gave rise to organized crime and massive corruption....Oh yeah almost forgot who is running things. I guess it makes more sense now...Organized crime,massive corruption.Buisiness as usual for the leaders of this once great nation.
One last thing,brush fires have been known to start in the "weeds", expect an extreme increase in violence once they begin raiding PTSD Viet Nam vets.Every year some of my neighbors get closer to dropping the ganja birds,with one shaken up but good hearted man I know who last year came to his senses in the brush with an AK-47,loaded,locked and ready as the helicopter(an old huey) flew over at less than 100'. This man only wishes to be left alone to ease his suffering earned fighting this countries battles.Now, a patriotic american vet is a drug criminal and whatever service they performed as a youth in country is forgotten because many brought relief home with them.Let them come and load all 10,000 of us up and take care of us, along with the tousands in all the other states.Our government says we are criminals for wishing quality of life so lock us up in special hospital prisons or just shoot us in the head like so many of the dictatorships we've supported often do to unwanted populace. What I don't understand is how we even manage to have fought this long considering that most of us are disabled,poor,and sick.Perhaps that is the measure of the righteosness of the governments cause,in all these years of trying we, the sick and dying have thwarted them, not completly but efectively.

Well GEEDUB you must be proud! more quadraplegics will be handcuffed to their beds during raids on tiny gardens.When your bitch Tom Ridge gets up and tells us of our imminent danger from terror I did not realize that meant the cerbral palsy kid in the wheel chair.Or the disabled vetreran who had the balls to go to the war you dodged.
I tell you a WMD on DC would not even glitch my day.
WR:wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (07/09/04 06:43 AM)

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2871939 - 07/09/04 06:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Ever hear of the Articles of Confederation ?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2872638 - 07/09/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Elaborate.

--------------------

Invisibletyke
eschatologist

Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: whiterasta]
    #2872676 - 07/09/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Excellent post, whiterasta! :yesnod:

--------------------
hey, that douchebag, tyke, just made a post. let's go flame 'im!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2872788 - 07/09/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What is there to elaborate about?

Do you believe the 10th should be followed all the time? Or just when you can apply it to a cause you care about?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: Redo]
    #2872834 - 07/09/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Swami said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever hear of the Articles of Confederation ?

I can understand how one sentence might be too much for some to grok. Let's go s-l-o-w-l-y: ?The powers NOT delegated to the United States by the Constitution..."

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #2873351 - 07/09/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

taking away someones right to Not be in excruciating pain....

that's so heartless.

how do these people look at themselves in the mirror?

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: Grav]
    #2873356 - 07/09/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
how do these people look at themselves in the mirror?

They take their prescribed valiums to get the courage to do it.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #2875636 - 07/10/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just like social Security, Welfare, Medicaid and so many more.

Apples and oranges!The fed has NO JURISDICTION CONSTITUTIONALY on the regulation of Cannabis.
However they are NOT restricted on creating the programs you mentioned the legal issue constitutionaly is the taxation of income to fund the excesses of the fed.If we had held to the constitution government funding would be a different process completly with a finite resource to portion carefully,thereby restricting federal girth.
The problem is NOT the programs it is their funding.
I for one am quite pleased, when my (IMHO) income is being illegly being confiscated,goes for aiding my fellow man as opposed to developing new and more efficient methods of killing them.Therefore I would voluntarily continue to fund certain forms of government aid(primarily medical).In my  state we have aq medical safety net but federal influence is crumbling it by imposing conditions but not providing aid to comply with federal red tape.
I do not wish to put words in Swami's mouth but I believe by his posts, and I myself believe the Constitution is the Law as written,while also believing that humanitarian interests outweigh sabre rattling.
A government of constitutional proportions would by necessity be small and trade funded but should still have plenty of resources to run an efficient medical system available to all citizens(A healthy population is a productive one)and still maintain an effective military via state militia.
Aaah....neva happen :lol:

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2876217 - 07/10/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Read the amendment. Notice the 10th which states that all other powers are for the states and the people. Now try again.

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #2876425 - 07/10/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

....A government by the people and for the people...so Luvvie if they is us then what? Notice it says,people, not corporations which somehow have as many rights and more resources than "the people". So now are WE talking constitutional or federal here? Federal citizenship and constitutional citizenship encompass separate responsibilities.Constitutionaly we should have brought down the house before the civil war and lived "by the rules" but 150yrs of "interpreting" federal law has rendered a FEDERAL system which is in effect a mega-corporation which has not only taken on the rights of the individual it has taken rulership. Now should we as Constitutional citizens choose to enact an ammendment which facilitates(notice I did not say fund?) the states humanitarian programs then it is law.Presently control is by federal statutes,which,unless constitutionaly based are only relevant because of the power base which enforces them. The Controled substance act, whose underpinnings are interstate commerce, is an unconstitutional "end around" which only exists as federal statute not constitutional law,ie; A corporate edict.I truly believe we are not so far different in view, perhaps just in implimentation.

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2876536 - 07/10/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

However they are NOT restricted on creating the programs you mentioned the legal issue constitutionaly is the taxation of income to fund the excesses of the fed.

Wrong. Read Article 1 Section 8. Re-read it. And again. Memorize that list. If congress does something not on that list, it is unconstitutional. Simple as that.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Republicans vote to incarcerate the sick & dying [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2876577 - 07/10/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Wrong. Read Article 1 Section 8. Re-read it. And again. Memorize that list. If congress does something not on that list, it is unconstitutional. Simple as that.

Except for the part about direct taxation as it was repealed with the 16th amendment.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2876582 - 07/10/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

so Luvvie if they is us then what?

easy answer.... we're fucked.

Quote:

Notice it says,people, not corporations

What are corporations composed of? People. That's not to say there should be corporate welfare either.

Quote:

Constitutionaly we should have brought down the house before the civil war and lived "by the rules" but 150yrs of "interpreting" federal law has rendered a FEDERAL system which is in effect a mega-corporation which has not only taken on the rights of the individual it has taken rulership.

Of course we should have lived by the rules but people kept asking the Feds to do more and more and now there appears to be no stopping them. The people got what they wanted. And now we're fucked. All those unconstitutional programs are now biting us in the ass.

Quote:

Now should we as Constitutional citizens choose to enact an ammendment which facilitates(notice I did not say fund?) the states humanitarian programs then it is law.

That's how it should be done. But then we'd have none of them for it's the whiners and incompetents who screamed for those handouts.

Frankly, and this is of course a short and sweet answer, we've been fucked by the libbies who feel big government is the way to go.

Edit: If tied to a stake and forced to choose between corporate and individual welfare.... I'd pick corporate. Why? Not only do those corporation help feed and clothe their employees, but they help suppliers, vendors, shippers and more.

Who does the drunk on the corner help? Who does the brood sow help?

There should be NO welfare at all.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/10/04 07:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds