Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetangerine
Stranger
creeper identification
    #2868703 - 07/08/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'm growing a creeper stain, and I'd love to know the scientific name. Any info on this strain would be hugely appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemidway
Stranger

Re: creeper identification [Re: tangerine]
    #2868948 - 07/08/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The so called 'creeper strain' that you probably bought from a vendor is just a different strain of psilocybe cubensis. Read some FAQs here at the shroomery. Also, this prolly belongs in Mush cult.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2870326 - 07/08/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This strain comes from a huge rip off that likes to steal from noobs. He renames the strains and jacks up the price.

The site of a pure asswipe

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: creeper identification [Re: Magash]
    #2870708 - 07/08/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Magash, if I'm reading you correctly, you're saying that the "creeper" strain is actually just another cubie strain renamed to $pin bux off newbs? If so, glad I didn't pay for it, as I haven't for any strain. This is a "Creeper" I grew. If it's renamed from something else, what strain is it?

I looked at that site btw and all those "strain names" are new to me, no doubt all just renamed strains to make him coin. His prices are a rip too.

But then its like the Cannabis seed game, a couple of hosers start crossing one strain with another 1:1, no real regard to proper breeding, then rename it with some spin up name and presto, $100 USD for 10 lil'seeds that apparantly flower in 42 days with tooth numbing potency...yeah riiiight. Total bullshit. They have major phenotype drift, often hemie to any stress and are far less qual than the web page makes out.

As for the shroom $lease scene, the strain called "blue meanies" is a joke as its riding on what ain't a cubie. Then there's the regional lie of the so called "Tasmanian" strain. No cube will grow in that cold state of Australia. It sounds exotic, so it's gotta be real....LMAO

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: creeper identification [Re: Starter]
    #2870767 - 07/08/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

your almost right but there is cubes that grow in tazmainia i belive thehawkseye.com on there discription of the taz strain i have seen that grow at 70*F as if it was 80*F

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: creeper identification [Re: onetime]
    #2870896 - 07/08/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Doubt it, I've known a number of stoners from Tas, some were mull growing bikies and they've never spoken of Gold Tops other than on the mainland. There's a thriving stoner scene in Tas who hook up with the mainlanders, but no shroom following like there is in North coastal NSW. That to me indicates best that there's no such thing as a Tasmanian strain. How could thousands of folks miss something like a gold top in all those years? P.eucalypta (thought to be subs) like I have my way, would be it. They've got them.

I'll chalk it up as American internet $pin.

--------------------

OfflineHighflyer
Lizard King
    #2871540 - 07/09/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Tangerine,
Almost all "strains" that you will see on the internet are strains of Psilocybe Cubensis. All have similar growing parameters, all look similar, and all will grow on similar substrates. The "Creeper" strain has nothing special about it, as most strains of cubensis do not. Just pick the one that you like the best and run with it. Almost all of them have great potential.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2871798 - 07/09/04 04:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You know Starter I wish I did know the real name of the strain. Most I've able to track down is it is some Asian strain. The only person who knows for sure is gonna be the asswipe that renamed them. (same guy did blue meanies)
It's cool that people like Ralph get em and sell em at normal prices.

Quote:

But then its like the Cannabis seed game, a couple of hosers start crossing one strain with another 1:1, no real regard to proper breeding, then rename it with some spin up name and presto, $100 USD for 10 lil'seeds that apparantly flower in 42 days with tooth numbing potency...yeah riiiight. Total bullshit. They have major phenotype drift, often hemie to any stress and are far less qual than the web page makes out.

True but the keeper is worse, at least the seed guys are comming up with something new no matter how bad. This guy is just plain renaming strains that are already around.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #2871847 - 07/09/04 05:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

creeper may have come from a douche bag..but you can't deny thats its a great cube

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#2872649 - 07/09/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The Creeper is indeed a very nice strain, most likely from Cambodia.

Quote:

It's cool that people like Ralph get em and sell em at normal prices.

Just to be historically correct, it was TLG that first brought the Creeper to the community at an affordable price.

In fact, my signature at the time was " WWW.THELITTLEGUY.COM - HOME OF THE CHEAPER CREEPER -

Ralph flamed the shit out of me for bringing it to the community. A year or so down the road, when it was obvious how well the Creeper was selling, he added it to his inventory as well.

Not surprisingly he also flamed me when TLG introduced the "Allen Strain" to the community. He now is selling the Allen Strain too.

The Blue Meanie is a different story. It's name is completely deceptive and it was named simply to fool newbs into thinking they are actually buying Pan Cyan.

I'll never ever ever add Blue Meanie cubensis to my stock and I'll guarantee you other reputable vendors like Sporeworks won't either.

The Blue meanie cubensis strain is confusing, deceptive, and harmful to the community which relies on the spore vendors to maintain the integrity of the various spore strains.

Any vendor worth his salt would either not carry that obviously mislabled strain or call it what it is, a mystery cubensis from origin unknown.

To sell it as a "Blue Meanie" is highly irresponsible. No if's and's or but's about it.

Invisiblematts
matts

#2872658 - 07/09/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinemidway
Stranger

Re: creeper identification [Re: matts]
    #2873020 - 07/09/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yep I said that already. Magash i think i know to what you refer...A long time ago i remember a site selling spores of various strains for 50$ to 100$ and much more, under names like 'creeper'...note that sites like these are likely unprofessional as evidenced by their unbelievable greed, so who knows what you are really getting from such places. :sad:

edit, just noticed the link...thats the site i remember! People like that are simply 'i dont give a fuck' scam artists.

Edited by midway (07/09/04 01:23 PM)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: creeper identification [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #2874471 - 07/09/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Iamthewalrus:wink: Nice show.

Quote:

You know Starter I wish I did know the real name of the strain. Most I've able to track down is it is some Asian strain.

Magash, re: Creeper, well it tended to handle the excessive heat of last summer as I found, so maybe the equatorial influence in it was the reason.

Quote:

True but the keeper is worse, at least the seed guys are comming up with something new no matter how bad. This guy is just plain renaming strains that are already around.

I can see your point on the greedy sorts who just rename a cubie strain and sell it. But unlike Cannabis, they're not threatening the integrity of real strains by slaying the genetics by poor selection or rediculously small populations as stock to cross from. The problem I have with the Canna-folks crossing "this" with "that" and pitching it as "new strains" is they're making a bunch of mutts, unless they're growing out hundreds to thousands of plants -- so they can be selective, as is done in the real breeding of the hort industry. Instead, often times, they do 1:1 crosses, such as a a single male to a harem of female clones. Seeds on mass, 50,000 to 75,000 to the KG in weight and at $100 USD per 10 seeds. What a greedy disservice it is to the Cannabis gene drug pool, its a genetic slash and burn.

Quote:

The Blue Meanie is a different story. It's name is completely deceptive and it was named simply to fool newbs into thinking they are actually buying Pan Cyan.

boxtop703, I agree, but while you haul one vendor on that, what of this Tasmanian? Thehawkseye.com link (given earlier in this thread) as an example of "proof" on this strain, well it doesn't sound convincing at all.

The Tasmanian cubensis is a fantastic mushroom found by BIO on the island of Tasmania just below Australia. Tasmania is a state of Australia, sub-tropical, having 4 seasons.

Tasmania has four true seasons --  winter, spring, summer and autumn -- that's true, but climes that have four seasons are not subtropical.

Put bluntly, there's NOTHING subtropical about Tasmania. It doesn't have the climate to grow cubies even though Tasmania has lush rainforests, often tall Nothofagus and D.antarctica tree ferns (commonly seen on Tas tourist brochures). But they're cool temperate rainforest, not subtropical. They can even handle snow. I get this feeling someone looked at a few Tasmanian cool temperate rainforest pics, interspersed with dairy paddocks, and figured it would pass as subtropical (as it has a superficial likeness to the subtropical rainforests and cattle country of North NSW where cubies do grow), worse to make a spin that cubies will grow there in order to deceptively market. I think that's a disservice, as the accuracy of geographic strain origin is pulled into question.

Clearly, until the whole industry is finally legalised and therefore regulated, the deceptive market spins of i.e. renaming existant strains to inaugurate a "new product", falsely renaming strains to genera outside P.cubensis (to fool the gullible) and finally naming strains on regional/climatic lies, will run unchecked. Caveat emptor.

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#2876427 - 07/10/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i have seen taz grow at room temp rather fast though like at 70-75*F

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate