Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTommy
Stranger
My Plan....any good?
    #2869837 - 07/08/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Very new to this stuff, and i have read piles of literture. Im not entirely confident in my procedures, so any input is certainly welcome.

I recently purchased a Variety pack of syringes from one of your fine sponsors, TLG

I also drove around town and got a dozen 1/2 pint canning jars, brown rice flour, vermiculite, alchole, and distilled water

I plan on making some substrate, sterilizing the jars, fil the jars with substrate and innoculate the jars with the spores.

then im putting the jars under my bench seat in my bedroom, until theres mycellium all over the substrate.

once the cakes look like there are shrooms flowering on them, im putting them in sterilized tubberware containers, which will be under indirect sunlight twelve hours a day.

after the shrooms flower and fruit, ill pull em off the cake, and make my own syringes out of the cake.

Is this a good way of going about it? Is there an easier way to make substrate? what is it that needs honey?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: Tommy]
    #2869867 - 07/08/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I did the brown rice cake thing when I first started, I think it sucks. Now I just use regular jars like 750ml or so and use wild bird seed Tek, then just scrape the colonized substrate out and case it with verm. I get great results and haven't had any problems. A lot easier than those stupid little cakes.

but hey, that's just me....Godd luck

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

#2869900 - 07/08/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Don't forget the lysol, perlite, tinfoil, rubber gloves and el cheapo mask. Baby steps mon. When they get about to 90% they can get some light to help start the pinning process. Read more about the mushroom type your going to grow. Some pin in the jars and some don't. Read up on double end casing(very easy)it helps. You can make your syringes when u have shrooms to print. First learn about misting, airexchange and humidity. Those r some of the most important things to know .

PS: Get real silly with that lysol(all over yourself), but if you don't let it dry up it will hurt your babies at any stage of the game.

Offlinestargazer

Loc: Hell's theater
    #2869909 - 07/08/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i agree with salmmin here. i too did my first batches with brwon rice/vermic. and really started to be a wast of time. excellent tek for a beginner helps getting the steralization process down and innoculation procedures. what about humidity, perlite, ultrasonics, etc. also casing are and excellent way to increase yields and also aid in fightin off contamination. there is some much you can do with with hooby its just amazing the amount of info you can find i can be overwhellming at times that why there this site, keep using the FAQ's, search funtion, keep an open mind and above all..have fun.
P.M. me if you still have some questions.

and good luck on your new strange trip!!!

OfflineTommy
Stranger
    #2870393 - 07/08/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So whats in the substrate that you guys suggest....

i plan on Inoculating in a bathroom....i bought some ultra bleach, to spill everywhere,,,

now about humidity,,,once the mycellium cakes are removed from their jars, and in their tubberware,,,how can i control the humidity in the box?

Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
    #2870487 - 07/08/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Bathroom is probably the worst place imho, often humid there and promotes mold (even if you can't see it, there will be mold everywhere).

My BRF cakes ALL failed, but my bird seed ones are powering along. Bird seed is also a lot easier, fill about 2/3rd of jar with WBS, add some water, seal, PC, innoc, wait.

Easy as pie.

OfflineTommy
Stranger
Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: sic8]
    #2870503 - 07/08/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

PC?

what about perlite? where does that go?

once the bird seed is covered in mycellium, and its flowering, i transfer it to the rubbermaids i bought,,other then the contents of the jar, should i put any compost/verm in the rubber maids?

Im using half-pint jars...with the bird seed is it still nessacary to drill holes in the lid for incoc?

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

#2870691 - 07/08/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

PC=pressure cooker mon. Just read the PF classic tek and follow all the steps 2 a t. After you do it 2-3 times and make some normal mistakes along the way, you'll find your niche.
Nope, 1 hole 1/8in with polyfil or tyvek. Polyfil u can get in walmart and tyvek at the post office. I prefer popcorn, but it's whatever works best 4 u.
Perlite goes in your rubbermaids 3-4in. Read the tek. You have to follow it. It's there for a reason. The day I veered from the tek everything went wrong. Learn the basics.

Offlinekiz
Stranger
Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: Juan_del_Pueblo]
    #2871417 - 07/09/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

how do you get tyvek in the post office?

OfflineHighflyer
Lizard King
Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: kiz]
    #2871521 - 07/09/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Id go with cakes (PF Tek) for the first time. Its easy to get 3 grams dry per cake. Leave the whole grain teks until you are more comfortable with the processes involved in growing mushrooms. BRF is the best choice for the halpint jars you bought. WBS is intended to be used with quart jars.

The priority mail envelopes are made of tyvek. They are free at the post office. Tyvek is not hte best choice for use with halfpints though. You wouldnt want to use polyfil either. Both of those filters are intended for use with quart jars. For halfpints, use 4 small holes around the edge of the lid. The holes should be just slightly larger than the diameter of your syringe. Cover these holes with tape.

Only use pelite on the bottom of your terrarium for humidity. No compost or verm.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2871602 - 07/09/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Read, then read some more.
Write down game plan and follow.
Learn PF tek, never had luck with brf myself but great luck with rye grass seed flower and millit flower.
Learn PF tek, have fun, Have more fun
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

:goodluck:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineTommy
Stranger
    #2872340 - 07/09/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the syringes wont be here til like thursday anyhow....ive got plenty to figure out before then.

So the final word is WBS or BRF...WBS seems to be the favorite...

Im going out today and buying some birdseed, and perlite.

now the jars go in the pressure cooker after the substrate is in them, then i seal the jar, pop 4 holes in it, innoculate and then cover the holes with tape. Sounds easy enough

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Tommy]
    #2873025 - 07/09/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineTommy
Stranger
Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: Citric]
    #2874451 - 07/09/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sticking to the PF Tek means using Brown Rice Flour substrate, which is also not recommended by the shroomers here....traumatic

i was bein sarcastic about the easiness, with my luck a week after innoculation ill have meself some nice mold to eat....

Anyone know of "breathable" tape for covering the syringe holes...if im right the holes also serve a purpose for releasing pressure when the cans are sterilizing in the pC?

the syringes im getting from TLG are capable of innoculating how many jars?

if i used Quart jars,,could i just let the shrooms grow in the jars,,never move them for flowering? or is this the wussy way to go

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Tommy]
    #2874523 - 07/09/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineTommy
Stranger
Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: Citric]
    #2874716 - 07/09/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

alrighty.

i downloaded the uber cool complete shroomery html thing,,,very nice

anyone know how to make flour of out Brown Rice?

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#2927507 - 07/25/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey dude, i havent grown but i atleast know that, unless you read your questions are never really gonna get answered, you'll get a much better understanding the more teks you read, whether its just to learn or to grow, have fun, theirs shit loads out there, ive been reading quiet a bit for maybe a month and i learn new shit all the time, its fuckin great lol

Offlinedoug_E_fresh
the shroomerysrapper

Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: shangrila]
    #2928342 - 07/26/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineOMNiKiLLeR
Scorned Watcherof Ages
 User Gallery

Loc: A Construct of my Percept...
    #2928401 - 07/26/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Check your library for:

The mushroom cultivator

Stametts I believe, just search the tital, you will find it

--------------------
"If it wern't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"~Lewis Black
"Where did you get all these slackers?"~Manager Kmart, Boise ID
"Burp dee durb, durbidy durb dee dumm"~ Southark
I didnt do it!
:dancing: :dancing:  :ass: :whatever: :bow: :penis: :bow: :whatever: :ass::dancing: :dancing:

Please Visit and Support the FSRE!

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Loc: Maryland
Re: My Plan....any good? [Re: OMNiKiLLeR]
    #2928519 - 07/26/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

JUST use bandaids to cover the holes up.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds