Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
syringe clogging, temp cycling, and a few other random q's
    #2869296 - 07/08/04 05:35 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

I've been having a problem with verm getting stuck in the needle tip and clogging it. Usually when I get verm stuck it clogs good and I end up using lots of spores in one area trying to unclog it. I was thinking of making removable sleeves that go down into the substrate so the needle only has to touch the sleeve and the glass of the jar. My first thought was to use coffee straws...but they'd probably melt. I'm sure I could find something to use as a sleeve that wouldn't melt, but do you think it would be worth the extra work? I've been using the pf-tek mainly, and its very time consuming to mix the jars separately, do you guys still mix separately, or do a few at a time? I have a karo jar colonizing, on average how long do you guys let them colonize, its been like 2 weeks and I have a spot almost as big as a dime...is this fast, slow, or normal? how big do you let the liquid myc colonize to? I was also wondering if anyone has tried temp cycling for pf cakes, if so what were the results.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineddaedalus
poser

Loc: Canadia
Re: syringe clogging, temp cycling, and a few other random q [Re: luckytriple6]
    #2869339 - 07/08/04 05:45 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Two weeks, that's on the slow side, but don't toss the jar yet. As far as your problem with clogging, your idea could work. That said it would probably be easier to find coarser verm. (Yours must be pretty small to clog a syringe.) Second, have you still considered grain? You can make pf style cakes, and it would be easier to prepare.

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

Re: syringe clogging, temp cycling, and a few other random q [Re: luckytriple6]
    #2869731 - 07/08/04 07:50 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

2 weeks! Wow thts a long time. What r your temps @? I have done karo and cloning with karo. I still like myc water. I use it with popcorn Shite takes off like lightnin. It take 8-12 days @86f and done 100%. I've had the problem with BRF and verm getting stuck. I just put the needle in slower and try 2 get it closer 2 the glass to where I can see it squirt down the side. Is it clogging with the verm layer or the substrate? Maybe your packing it in 2 tight. I hope that helps...

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: syringe clogging, temp cycling, and a few other random q's [Re: luckytriple6]
    #2870354 - 07/08/04 10:39 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Try this, next time the needle clogs heat it with a lighter starting in the middle of the needle. The pressure caused by the heat will usually blow it out. (sometimes with a loud pop sound)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation