Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebudro
journeyman
DISASTER
    #2866528 - 07/07/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

tonight i innoculated 5 of 36 jars( first time PF TEK)and three myco bags ,it  went bad,dropped jar,alcohol spilt and caught on fire, injected 5 cc by mistake in one jar.my fionce flipped.i put such a high priority on this process and took it way too seriously.i was so stressed.i am just going to relax next time i will do much better.i am going to wait to innoc the other jars to see how this batch does.my jars are in a very hot and very humid place should i pull the 5cc jar and put it in a place that is less humid?should i loosen cap?should i take off tape for this one?(obviosly i am worried about too much moisture)i am innoculating a five pound corn morph tomorow,after innoc do i shake that bag of corn morph?,thanx everyonwJIM :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
Re: DISASTER [Re: budro]
    #2866550 - 07/07/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

budro said:
a five pound corn morph  :confused:

I'm confused also, what is a corn MORPH ?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: DISASTER [Re: budro]
    #2868064 - 07/08/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

good luck.

do nothing for a week, you'll know by then if you did ok.
good luck with the cornmorph.

--------------------
buh

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: DISASTER [Re: charvo]
    #2868364 - 07/08/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The 5 pound Corn-E-Morph(TM) bag, is sold by MycoBag.com, a shroomery supporting sponsor. It allows for the generation of large amounts of primary spawn in a single, presterilized and prepared environment.

You should wait to mix these bags until you notice the first signs of mycelial development. Most will wait until they have at least quarter to half dollar sized growths and then mix the contents to distribute the colonizing grains thoughout the bag.

Relax.. fungal cultivation (no matter the type) is an excercise in patience and can be considered one of the most zen-like cultivation experiences available for any type of food-like consumable. No need to get worked up or anxious about the process. Get your lady involved, it's a great hobby to share!

Overly wet PF style jars can be dried a little by storing them "inverted" in the incubation environment. This will help keep additional moisture from building up in the bottom of the jar (which can stall and slow down full colonization).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies