Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecerealrat
Stranger
Two Views - Irresponsibility vs. Drug Testing *DELETED*
    #2867079 - 07/08/04 12:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by cerealrat

Reason for deletion:  

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
Re: Two Views - Irresponsibility vs. Drug Testing [Re: cerealrat]
    #2868806 - 07/08/04 02:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hummm... Jackass Gibson of Provo has a serious case of rectal cranial inversion.

Take a look at the user comments to his article at 'comments on this story'

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2869035 - 07/08/04 04:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kirk Muse's attitude of "I can do anything I want" is not freedom. Being able to do what is right without persecution is freedom.

Let's put together a society as Kirk would have. You can take any substance you want inside your home without any legal ramifications. Man gets drunk, kills his wife in his own home. Legal? Yes. He didn't get drunk outside.

Or a man gets addicted to a prescription pain killer. He starts breaking into homes, robbing pharmacies, hurting people, only caring about his next fix. If he ever gets caught he will spend time in jail. But he never took a pill outside his home. It's legal.

That's quite the slippery slope, and not to mention quite a load of BS.

And i bet if you got yourself a good enough speaker you could probably claim tyranny by the majority in some way too.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2872670 - 07/09/04 01:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cerealrat said:
Let's put together a society as Kirk would have. You can take any substance you want inside your home without any legal ramifications. Man gets drunk, kills his wife in his own home. Legal? Yes. He didn't get drunk outside.

Or a man gets addicted to a prescription pain killer. He starts breaking into homes, robbing pharmacies, hurting people, only caring about his next fix. If he ever gets caught he will spend time in jail. But he never took a pill outside his home. It's legal.

There are so many inane arguements being used in this article, but what the hell is this guy talking about it? Is he infering that it would be legal to kill, break into houses, and rob pharmacies because the person who did them took drugs in their own house? Or is he saying it's legal to break into other people's houses and robb pharmacies because those things take place in the privacy of your own home?  :confused:

Or is he trying to say these things happen because it's legal to drink & pop pills in the privacy of your own home? I'm sure that's what he must mean, even though it's a pretty flawed arguement as well, but that wording is very strange. I'm not sure what he's proposing, given that the drugs he mentioned ARE legal to use in your own home....

Quote:

cerealrat said:
Government has a responsibility to the majority to protect it from the minority.

I was wondering where my white pillowcase went  :smirk:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service