Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenegative
Positive
Rye questions...aarrrgh
    #2866256 - 07/07/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes this is my first time.
I am trying the rye setup using 1 pint jars.
however i have the jars with the 2 part lid (lid, and skrew down ring)Can i use these in place of a polyfill lid? if so are there any mods that i need to make. Also for the injection hole i was going to just tap a hole in the middle of the lid. Then once done, cover the hole with a band aid. is this ok? please someboday help me

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye questions...aarrrgh [Re: negative]
    #2866398 - 07/07/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A very simple grain tek.

I like to use rye do to the fact that I case the grain directly and don?t use it for spawn which I find wbs better for. The rye holds more water so it allows for larger flushes in my exp, others may differ we all have our own ways of doing things this is just what I do.

1. First I prepare the grain by putting it in a strainer and shaking the dust off of it one cup at a time. I then put the cup of grain or rye in my case into a quart jar and fill the jar with water and let it soak for 24 hours. My reason for doing this is that bacteria endospores that form on grain can survive the PC so we let the little fuckers germinate and then PC them.

2. Then take the rye and pour out the water. Your gonna see that it has turned piss yellow. Then take the grain and put it into a pot add water so the grain is nicely covered and simmer it for 40 to 45 minutes. You?ll notice some of the rye grain starting to burst and the grain has turned brown and swollen up quite a bit.

3. Pour the water out and put the grain into a challender or strainer and let it drain. I myself like to rinse it off after the simmer.

4. Now load the rye into the jars, I like quarts so that is what I use. Leave enough room at the top of the jar for you to shake the grain around (pic #1) . I didn't have any jars with just grain but you get the idea. No extra water is needed to be added to the jars just the grain. I like to set up my jars like this, metal lid, tyvek and then the band. (pics # 2,3)

I like tyvek for a few reasons. Nice to write on, (pic # 4) and easy to make with a cookie cutter in a hour you can make enough disks for life (pic # 5) . Then PC the jars at 15psi for 1 hour and let them cool. Little hint, if you take them out when they are still hot as hell and shake them they won?t clump up when they cool.

5. Once cool I like to add between 2 and 3 cc or mil to each jar. 2 if I made the syringe 3 if I bought one to add a strain to the collection. I push the needle right threw the tyvek over the small hole in the metal lid. Easy to find the hole if you hold the jar slanted toward a light. I Cover with a band aid because they come sterile already (pic # 6)
6. Once the jars are all shot up so to say shake them like a crazed nut. Mix them up as good as you can so the spores start all over the jar. In 9 days to 3 weeks max your jars will look like this (pic # 1 again)

7. Make your casing with whatever casing mix you decide to use and let them sit in the incubator for 4 to 7 days then birth.

My average total time from the time I shoot them up till the first harvest with this grain tek is 4 to 5 weeks.

South Americans at 4 weeks after shooting up the jars. (pic # 7, 8, 9)

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineNazrula
journeyman
Re: Rye questions...aarrrgh [Re: Magash]
    #2867443 - 07/08/04 02:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This is prolly one of the best (and most reposted) teks I have ever seen. Gonna see if I can get a monkey to do it. It's that easy...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation