Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinexXx67xXx
Stranger
help!
    #2865692 - 07/07/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

We started having light light green circles on top of our casing. Is that contamintation?? And if it is can we just scoop the spots out and it will b okay or will the whole thing b contaminated?? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: help! [Re: xXx67xXx]
    #2866144 - 07/07/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If it is already green it is producing millions of spores and more than likely the whole thing will be covered in no time. From what I know there is no saving that casing at this point. You can try scooping out the green and a good bit around it,but Im afraid you will be fighting a losing battle. I know a guy who beat it once though and this is how he did it. He sprayed a mist of 1part bleach to about 200parts water on the mold and the surrounding area to help prevent spreading live spores around when he scooped it out. He then alcohol wiped a spoon and scooped the mold and a couple of inches of healthy casing around it very carefully and slowly to prevent excessive air movement. He rewiped the spoon for each dig to minimize the spreading of the spores as much as possible. He then filled the hole and a bit of the surrounding casing with a layer of table salt. The salt will dessicate the cells of the contams and kill them as well as any myc that it touches. He had a few other little spots here and there in the surrounding area so he repeated the process until they stopped coming up. All in all he lost about one third of the casing as it was covered in salt,but he did get some nice healthy fruits from the other two thirds that made it all worth it. I believe the key to his success was looking over the casing layer with a sharp eye to catch any suspicious looking white(early stage of the mold before green and spores)and quickly removing it and salting it.

I dont know if this will work for you ,but I thought it was worth mentioning. You can find more about using salt if you do a search.

Good Luck and welcome to the Shroomery!
MYKEY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix