Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7573982 - 10/29/07 06:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

In general, cats make horrible cultivators. There's too much bacteria on their paws from digging in a shit box.

Since we all only grow legal edibles, there's no need for such deception.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuggas
Stranger

Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7573991 - 10/29/07 06:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No she makes sure she washes off first, and most of the time she just shits on the carpet anyway. She uses those little finger condoms instead of gloves. You should see, it's a fuckin riot!

Shit, sorry, i thought this was the "forum...dedicated to all aspects of cultivating psychoactive mushrooms", no disrespect though RR, i appreciate all the advice you give here. You're great man!!

Quote:

CaptainLinger said:
You don't need to filter your air. Holes without polyfill will be better.

So,
your saying to just have an aquarium with just a plexiglass lid, and holes cut in it. How will that keep all the humidity in if i have an air pump pushing out all the air. How would this be different from just not having a lid in the first place? I thought that the polyfill would let the air pass but not the humidity from inside or nasties from outside. Is this wrong? please correct me if so. I just want to make sure.

Edited by buggas (10/29/07 06:40 PM)

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: buggas]
    #7574053 - 10/29/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Humidity is water *vapor* in the air. Polyfill will not selectively filter it out. The "nasties from the outside" are going to pass through your system no matter what; as long as it's properly vented, the mold will not colonize on your cakes.

Offlinebuggas
Stranger

#7574998 - 10/29/07 11:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't mean to say that the polyfill will selectively filter it, i just figured that with polyfill, it's harder for the comparatively larger vapor drops to escape, than for the tiny air molecules. This would "filter" out the moisture from the air. This way, CO2 is removed and replaced with new air constantly.

If i were to not use polyfill, wouldn't the humidity escape as well? I figure, there is nothing but gravity to keep it in the tank; and we all know how well gravity works on water vapor, you know with the whole lack of water vapor in the atmosphere and everything.

If i drill holes in the top of my FC, how do i keep the humidity from leaving? That is what i want to know. Why else would most fruiting chambers be enclosed?

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7575006 - 10/29/07 11:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

it's water vapor. A gas. Polyfill does not filter on a molecular level.

Your humidity would escape, yes, and polyfill impedes that air exchange. You need to constantly humidify fresh air, shooting for 3-4 full exchanges each hour. That's quite a bit.

Invisiblejoshua m
Not a NoOb
Male

Loc: MiD wEsT
    #7575722 - 10/30/07 09:00 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Update I took the h202 out of my humidifiers and the protec cleaning balls . Instantly overnight a growth of 2-6 inch's thanks RR and all.

jm

--------------------
We can't stop here...This is bat country!!!

Fear and Loathing is the greatest movie ever!!!

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: joshua m]
    #7575747 - 10/30/07 09:12 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

lol, "fungicides were holding me back"

You know it would be dead if that was effective, or had anything to do with anything, right? That's how mushrooms grow, bud.

Offlinebuggas
Stranger

#7577421 - 10/30/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Is there any way to measure how many exchanges the FC goes through per hour/day? I'm thinking putting some smoke/fog in there and seeing how long it takes to clear. Do you guys think this would provide a somewhat accurate measurement? Don't worry, there aren't any little buddies in there to be affected, this is all experimental at this point.

Good job on your grow Joshua, that sounds like a nice thing to wake up to!!

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7577436 - 10/30/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You should have the output of your humidifier somewhere on the box. In Cubic metres per hour or cubic feet per hour.

Just divide the output of your humifier by volume of air in your chamber and you will get the number of full air changes every hour

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisiblejoshua m
Not a NoOb
Male

Loc: MiD wEsT
Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: Nibin]
    #7577829 - 10/30/07 06:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry captain but i have had much experience with this genre of mushies. Some of the mushies were dieing. And I know at what stage they just explode. I'm sorry but your way off. It took from pin to 3inches two weeks. And after i flushed out the entire system and got all that shit out of there just like RR has stated above. I did not get this type of growth that should have happened a week ago. It didn't kill it just like h2o2 won't kill myc but it definitely weaken's them and then they have to recover.
/
/jm

--------------------
We can't stop here...This is bat country!!!

Fear and Loathing is the greatest movie ever!!!

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: joshua m]
    #7578744 - 10/30/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You have no particular way of verifying that claim. You did something that might matter, and noticed a change. Happens to me every day without any fungicide.

H202 has a completely separate mechanism of action. Fungicides kill fungus.

Offlinebuggas
Stranger

Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: Nibin]
    #7581043 - 10/31/07 02:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
You should have the output of your humidifier somewhere on the box. In Cubic metres per hour or cubic feet per hour.

Just divide the output of your humifier by volume of air in your chamber and you will get the number of full air changes every hour

I'm not using a humidifier. Just an air pump/stone.

--------------------
There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers from stupid people.

Watch Zeitgeist and Tell Others

Offlinesappsucker
The Red-haired Stranger?
Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: Search59]
    #28650353 - 02/07/24 12:35 PM (3 months, 10 days ago)

i have a simple yet relevant question. H2O2 is very reactive, how much remains active for disinfection when you dilute the 3% sol. in H2O? i assumed it would just react with the water to make more water….and O2.

i plan on using it in my humidifier but i’m curious as to the reaction of H2O + H2O2= ?

any responses are very much appreciated!

sappsucker

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: EVERYONE USE H2O2 water in your humidifier or misting method. [Re: sappsucker]
    #28651130 - 02/07/24 10:57 PM (3 months, 10 days ago)

This thread is 17 years old, peroxide doesn't react with water, it just combines and dilutes the peroxide.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract