Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
Immunity or just Tolerence
    #2861063 - 07/06/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, Im posting this because a friend of mine who has "never hallucinated" even tho he has done mushrooms at least 10 times, is going to be eating 13 grams and Im wondering if it is worth it. He has done 1.5 grams (slight giddiness), 3.5 grams (basically same as the 1.5g for him), and 7g/8g 2 or 3 times (he gets about same high as 1.5g or 3.5g, once he said the 3.5g he did was better than the 8g he did). Now Im wondering is he just going to not even get a good buzz and hallucinate at all or is he just going to waste his money/time and get just as buzzed as the 8g's?
P.S. We are going to be making tea and I'm going to get him to chug it back (he hasn't done tea before)
P.S.S One time he did a hit of acid and didnt get a buzz at all (his brother did the same type of acid (1 hit) and he was saying peoples faces were going blue and shit)

What do you think of my friend? Could he eat 20g's and still get just as buzzed as 8g?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: sHrOoMeRrR420]
    #2861065 - 07/06/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can't answer your question, but I'm suddenly curious if anyone's ever heard of any cases of psilocybin immunity?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLoverOfMana
Hmm

#2861117 - 07/06/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Has this guy been eating them on an empty stomach? Personally i've found that the same weight of the exact same batch of mushrooms, produces much more visual hallucinations on an empty stomach. By empty stomach I mean you woke up had a couple crackers to get your metabolism going then eat the mushrooms. I've done this many times and I seem to get pretty similar results, Giddiness with food in my stomach, and more visual hallucinations on an empty one.

I've speculated that my stomach can digest the mushrooms faster and therefore provide my brain with the chemical at a quicker rate... rather than a steady absorbtion with food in the stomach.

lom

--------------------
"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2861126 - 07/06/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

He's tripping every time, he just hasn't opened his mind up enough for visuals to occur. It's all about set and setting, tell him to trip alone in the dark on 3.5g, you don't need 13g.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2864254 - 07/07/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So how would I explain opening up his mind to him?....

I dont think it has anything to do with empty stomach he has eaten em on an empty stomach Im almost sure and besides I dont think a little bit of food is going to hold back 8 grams of mushrooms.

It could be the fact that he tries to hallucinate, one time when he ate 7 grams he was sitting on my friends back porch and was staring at his barbecue (sp) (think he was trying to hallucinate) he said the barbecue moved a little (looked like it was breathing). I've heard that you have to just let go, but how the hell would I explain this to him he isn't into psychadelics. One thing I have thought about is heard some where that abused people couldn't hallucinate because they couldn't "let go". Now I wouldn't really say this guy is abused but he has had a hard life. His dad basically grows dope for a living he has 3 brothers and some other kid that lived with him (until about 1 1\2 months ago he moved into his own house with a buddy) his dad yells a lot sometimes and uses his psysical power/appearence to scare his kids when they are doing something wrong.

If that was the case (he can't "let go" either because he was abused or just for no reason) what do I tell him? We're going to be tripping soon and Im just going to tell him to try and sit in a dark room alone(he's doing 13 grams so I dont see how he can't hallucinate, he ate 5 grams of the same mushrooms and didn't get a buzz at all, they are kinda weak mush). Another question would he have a better chance to hallucinate if I put on some tripping music or just if he sat in a dark room in silence.

Edited by sHrOoMeRrR420 (07/07/04 09:30 AM)

OfflineLoverOfMana
Hmm

#2864329 - 07/07/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure about that.. I think your best bet is to just get him to relax and wait for the hallucinations to come rather than trying so hard.

--------------------
"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2864386 - 07/07/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Euhm; is there any possibility that you just have low potent shrooms ?
There are different strains; why not try a different, more visual strain?

And it may have been weak LSD ( low dose :wink: )

Normally, the hallucinogen acts as neurotransmitters; so if you take a large dose of any psychedelic; it's damn near impossible to be "Not open for the mushrooms" ...

So it might be some kind of biological cause...
If I eat 2 grams of a potent strain or 5grams of a normal strain, I'm in heaven , with very interesting visuals (not only breathing, but morphing, distortions, perspection distortions, balance problem, etc. )
I'm just guessing, but I think eating 13grams is a waste if he doesn't even really trip on 8grams. :wink:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2864428 - 07/07/04 10:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I know some people cant really be effected by opiates, maybe its the same for psychedelics.

And this 'letting go' stuff is nonsense, I didnt even know what shrooms did my first time. What a ride, it does it for you. If you could just hallucinate by letting go, who would need drugs. Its like saying you cant get drunk because you try too hard to be drunk when drinking.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: Redo]
    #2864465 - 07/07/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There is a possibility he has an immunity. I have no reaction to THC and research has indicated that 1 out of 1000 will not react to THC. So there is a statistical possibility that a small number of people will note react to or have only mild reactions to mushrooms.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: Redo]
    #2864509 - 07/07/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I took me about 10 trips or so before I really got any visuals besides light halos and minor trails. The dosages ranged from like 1.5g to my highest (3g dry cope + 65g fresh cube). I certainly tripped balls, but at the highest dosage I never saw more than a little swirling of the walls if I focused long enough. The dose that finally did me in was 3g, which I considered small at the time. I wasn't expecting anything intense, but learned to have more respect. Since that night, it has been much easier for me to slip into another state of mind. 
:regularshroom: :blazed: :regularshroom:

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2864670 - 07/07/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know how anyone could eat 5g and "not get buzzed". Did everyone else trip off the same 5g's? Unless you've got poorly dried shrooms then it sounds like he is going into it with the wrong attitude. You say he has "about the same" trip off 8g as he does 1.5. I don't really understand how that is possible, cause thats a big increase. I think he is experiencing the same feelings, just stronger....and is upset cause he isn't seeing Jesus yet. Don't put him in a dark room alone by himself on 13 grams. Get him in a comfortable and safe place where you guys can chill, and smoke pot. Dose, smoke a bowl, then maybe watch something crazy along the lines of Flashback. Then turn on some good music and tell him to close his eyes.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2864709 - 07/07/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dont like this whole calling shrooms getting you buzzed thing. But if he is needing 10+grams of shrooms, why even bother. Just get stoned and hell be happy.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2864759 - 07/07/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

your shrooms were wack. low potency shrooms=weak trip

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2866943 - 07/07/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have heard that Stanislav Grof once found that a man had no reaction to 1mg of IV LSD. I will try to dig up a reference for you.

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Re: Immunity or just Tolerence [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2868468 - 07/08/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No no no... Its not the shrooms man... some where bad (not too bad) and some were BOMB ass shrooms...

Supposivly picked from B.C., covered in bruising..
Ok.. he probably didn't COMPLETLY not get buzzed basically slight gidiness and thats bout it...

Edited by sHrOoMeRrR420 (07/08/04 10:45 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate