Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMadnessplus
journeyman
Take a real good look at yourself.
    #2862467 - 07/06/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I suggest going into the bathroom or sitting infront of a large mirror and just staring into it at your face. Stand close or far, but just stare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBossk
I Like Cake
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: Madnessplus]
    #2862543 - 07/06/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

First time i ever took acid i got lost in my buddy's bathroom mirror for about an hour. Noone could pull me away from it, i made everyone use the downstairs bathroom while i stared at who knows what i awe. Deffineatly something to try though.

--------------------
-=[!]x[!]x[!]=-

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: Bossk]
    #2862556 - 07/06/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, mirrors are a bad thing when you trip. Unless you plan on wasteing mad time.

Invisiblekaleras
imperfectable
    #2862712 - 07/06/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can't stand looking in the mirror, drives me nuts...

OfflineK20A2
Male
    #2862821 - 07/06/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Its on my list of things to do next time I take a decent dose.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2863055 - 07/06/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mirrors pushed my friend to the edge of sanity on her first trip. She was scared off herself yet couldn't stop looking.

After analyzing it when she came down, she had quite the life changing revelation. Ever since she has became very self-confident.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: daft]
    #2863332 - 07/06/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

When I'm good tripping, my image in the mirror shows me with the biggest smile, and the colour of my skin is just so saturated in some golden colour. If I'm tripping to the point where I have some ego splitting, in some way I'll see that in the mirror. And sometime my pupils seem to get bigger and smaller, changing independently from eachother.

On the other hand, when I'm bad tripping and looking in the mirror, I look like someone without hope, in complete despair, and all my colour is drained from me... not a pretty sight.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineJvilleshroomer
Inspire strikesback

Loc: jacksonville, NC
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: MeThoD]
    #2866355 - 07/07/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i can morph myself in mirros from the most beautiful narcissus like body when i inhale and slowly exhaling into the oldest most decriped man imaginable. i love it

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: Juggler]
    #2866769 - 07/07/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Juggler said:
Yeah, mirrors are a bad thing when you trip. Unless you plan on wasteing mad time.

How's tripping out in front of a mirror a waste?

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
    #2866818 - 07/07/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, it's provocative to introspective thought. Plus, you can see same crazy visual distortions.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #2867094 - 07/07/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yteah, I give the thumbs up to lookin in a mirror. It can be some pretty cool shit.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2867679 - 07/08/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't get some people...

Why the hell wouldn't you try it? Afraid you might see your real self?

I looked in the mirror yesterday; and all I saw was one happy freak with dilated pupils ...

Running away from your fears won't help; you have to look them straight in the face!

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Edited by boeha (07/08/04 03:19 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2867992 - 07/08/04 07:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The first three times I took acid, I looked into the bathroom mirror for a long time. The second time I got completely naked, and just watched myself, and for a few minutes, I grew old and then young again and then old and then young again, it was really bugging me out, especially when at one point I got older than usual, and started looking like a rotting gargoyle.

Interestingly enough, during the fourth LSD trip I was surrounded by feelings of completion, especially having to do with the people I was tripping with, as if all my life had been pre-empting that one moment. I looked into the mirror, and while everything else moved and flowed, I looked still, and beautiful. I remember smiling at myself, and it meant so much.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: Sev]
    #2868012 - 07/08/04 07:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Its a waste, considering you could. Play with your tracers. For example. Glow sticks!? I don't know about you. But I like to play with my acid trip.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #2868511 - 07/08/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah starin in the mirror is creepy when your trippin. some times I see myself turning into what looks like a caveman, other times it looks like my face is growing older right before my eyes, bugs me out. :twirlyface:<-this happens sometimes too

OfflineMadnessplus
journeyman
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: thegnomeking]
    #2869983 - 07/08/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My face started morphing and sagging. It looked like my skin was sliding off my face. I wasn't freaked out, more amazed actually. And my skin was changing colors like a cameleon! It's worth trying at least once or twice.

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2870381 - 07/08/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've tried that a couple times, but while looking at my faced doing weird shit i start thinking about just intense mind bending things, so i personally don;t like looking into the mirror when tripping.

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
Re: Take a real good look at yourself. [Re: FatVsAsia]
    #2871676 - 07/09/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

oh man.... i never looked in a mirror on acid, but i did on a 15mg dose (smoked) of 5-Meo-DMT, that shits harsh on your lungs but ohhh damn.. Im afraid to look into a mirror wile tripping now.. I saw my face like it was melting then my bare bones.. it freaked me out dudes. :frown:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2872934 - 07/09/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Juggler said:
Its a waste, considering you could. Play with your tracers. For example. Glow sticks!? I don't know about you. But I like to play with my acid trip.

What the hell do you call staring into a mirror but another way to play with your trip? :smile:  Not to mention, I think that you'd be more likely to have some really -interesting- thought-processes happen while you're mirror-staring than raving with glowsticks ... not that I've got anything against that.  :wink:

But whether a trip is 'wasted' or not is entirely in the mind of the tripper.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2872968 - 07/09/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Um...I think there aren't many things that could "waste" an acid trip. It's kind of the point of tripping - you become the moment, and the moment becomes you, and therefore, everything that comprises you, the moment, and the world around you is anything but a waste. If every moment of reality, sober or not, contributes to who you are becoming, then spending 1 minute or six hours staring into a mirror on acid can't be considered a waste. What if you saw past yourself in that mirror, straight on down to your perception of a godhead? The mirror isn't even a mirror anymore, and your reflection isn't even your reflection - they're all revealed as metaphors for some underlying truth.
Waste? No waste. Just experience.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale