Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejonneill
Hero
Attention, salvia enthusiasts
    #2816728 - 06/22/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

By enthusiasts, I mean people who want to try salvia for the first time, or people who haven't had success with it. I'm writing this because a lot of people post about salvia here and there, and people don't seem to know what to do with it. I think this is why most people quit using it after the first time or so.

The first few times you smoke it, you will likely not experience much. The body must become sensitized to the salvinorin... the reason for this "reverse tolerance" is unknown, but it may have something to do with the fact that salvinorin is a very large molecule. Also, it actives what are called sigma receptors in the brain, much different from what the tryptamines and most other chemicals work on. So remember, buy a gram or two of some extract, 5x minimum, and smoke it every few days to become sensitized.

Once you've broken through to "sally space" you'll know it. A lot of people describe the sensation of being in a strong current, of having one's head underwater. One person put it like this: "I felt like I was a rug, being tugged and pulled in all directions." That seems to be a common "first time" experience with salvia for some reason. Anyway, a very high dose of salvia will usually do that. It's fun and interesting, but it doesn't last long and it's not spiritually useful. Also, you might pass out or emerge from the trip suddenly with no memory of what happened.

A dose that is below that kind of overpowering strength will blow you away more than the intensity of the high dose, really. It's like a walk through the other-world, and in fact taking walks is really fun while on salvia. Riding in a car (NOT driving) is fun too, though not as much.

Cannabis can drastically lengthen the experience and make it much more enjoyable. I personally feel that the haziness of the cannabis enables the body to deal with the massive influx of information from the salvia... salvia's visions are too intense without some sort of coping mechanism, and pot is just right for that.

Salvia is an extremely potent and strange substance, and it can be difficult to master. A lot of people feel that "lady salvia"/"sally" is just too weird and reclusive to be tamed, but I believe that wrestling with her can tame the experience.

Salvia seems to bring the body and mind completely in tune with the highest plane of existence... other worlds, other dimensions, other realities that are overlayed with this one suddenly come into view. It is VERY powerful, very cryptic, but if you're an experienced psychonaut, or if you just want a challenge, wrapping your mind around salvia can be both fun and rewarding.

It's hard to describe salvia to someone who has never tried it, so get out there and try it while it's still legal! You can get it at headshops in many places or you can order it online, it's not very expensive in any case. I recommend a small metal pipe with a screen. A pinch of it, at most, suffices for a dose. It vaporizes very fast, being usually finely ground, so be sure you get all the smoke in. Inhale a little more air and fill your lungs, then hold the smoke in as long as you can. I'm not sure why this helps, but it does, and VERY MUCH so. Maybe it has something to do, again, with salvinorin being a large molecule, or the smoke of the extract being relatively free of "tar."

You can combine salvia with mushrooms, but this takes even more wrestling to get the dose right, to learn how to survive in that strange territory, to train your mind and find the right set and setting for you. However, it can be super fun.

Anyway, enjoy and be safe!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: jonneill]
    #2816810 - 06/22/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you know
you can't exactly master psychedellic
you can just use less or let go more.

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #2859499 - 07/05/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice post, has some good points on Salvia. "Mastering" and learning to navigate better in Salvia space interests me much, but I don't know if it is possible to control it in some sense.

Or should one control it at all, maybe to get the best of it one has to just "let go" and let the plant lead him somewhere. I am still wondering which approach works best.

I am curious though, about the connection you make between salvia and smoking marijuana. I understand your point is that cannabis may improve the salvia experience, by making it a bit less intense. My personal experience is that cannabis makes visions more unclear or even more intense, it was for me on shrooms so, atleast. Can you elaborate a bit more on the connection of marijuana and salvia, as you see it?

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2862101 - 07/06/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

in aikido and other martial arts, you control, but you are going with the flow. you use the flow to direct the flow. nothing makes as much sense to me as that. i've never thought of incorporating such into smoking salvia, which has always been a difficult experience for me.

you have rekindled my attraction to this plant. i'm ordering some right now :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: entiformatie]
    #2863375 - 07/06/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I had success my first (and only, so far) time. But my first attempt was also combined with weed, alcohol, and shrooms. I just passed out, and was in a state where I couldn't hear or see anything, and I couldn't think. I couldn't hear myself think at all, nothing was going on in my head. I started seeing 2 seats in front of me, then my 2 buddies started to haze into my vision, and then the whole car.

At this point, shit was wierd. I saw parked cars spin in circles... I could see the other side of the car, though from where I was it was impossible to see that .

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineOoze
Oozalicious

Loc: FL
    #2865080 - 07/07/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Salvia is some crazy stuff.  :smile:

Great post.  I defintely had that high dose overpowering effect.. It was a little too much I think.

Th reason holding it in helps is because The longer its in your lungs, the more of it is absorbed into the bloodstream.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2865609 - 07/07/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jonneill said:
The first few times you smoke it, you will likely not experience much. The body must become sensitized to the salvinorin... the reason for this "reverse tolerance" is unknown, but it may have something to do with the fact that salvinorin is a very large molecule. Also, it actives what are called sigma receptors in the brain, much different from what the tryptamines and most other chemicals work on. So remember, buy a gram or two of some extract, 5x minimum, and smoke it every few days to become sensitized.

This statement is simply not so. I have witnessed many people break through with Salvia Divinorum on their very first time smoking it. The key to success with Salvia is to properly administer the drug. A full tube of smoke from my water bong has never disapointed me or anyone else that I've smoked out. Everyone that has smoked Salvia from my bong has been sent to DisneyLand on their first time around.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2865631 - 07/07/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

read my new post.. me and my gf, as well as her brother and his gf all tried the 20x out of a bong.. none of us really felt anything significant.. i felt relaxed with a slight high but nothing more..unless ive been ripped off, perhaps this sensitizing is a possible requirement for many people

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: Razman]
    #2865650 - 07/07/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Your post suggest that you were ripped off. I can't be certain though.

I find it hard to believe that a majority of people are resistant to Salvia when I have witnessed so many that immediately felt its effects on their first time. I'm talking about upwards of about thirty or more individuals. Maybe there's something in the water where I live.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineRazman
Stranger

#2865656 - 07/07/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ekstaza, where are you getting your salvia from?

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
    #2865738 - 07/07/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

are the people who havent experienced salvia right, smoking it right...? NO

you have to burn it just right and take large hits and hold them in, repeat over and over rapidly, even if you run out of air just keep hitting and hitting, it should work everytime if you buy "strait" salvia i am willing to give out the best sites in a PM. the 5x i buy matches up to most 10x's on other sites

if you smoke salvia wrong, sometimes even just a little bit wrong, it wont work

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: acoostick]
    #2865791 - 07/07/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

so a normal bic lighter WONT get it hot enough? is there anyone on here who HAS GOTTEN FUCKED UP on salvia with using just a normal lighter?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2865926 - 07/07/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've purchaced Salvia from several different places. It's been at least six months I think sinse I last bought any, but that was from an eBay vendor.

--------------------

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

#2865962 - 07/07/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yea, a bic lighter works, while you are hitting keep the flame on it.

just make sure its hot, my 1st and 2nd times were with a bic lighter and it has always hit me hard.

if your SD is standardized it shouldnt matter too much because of the crystal concentraiton.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2866058 - 07/07/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i only use a bic and extract

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2866091 - 07/07/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ok im back, and i experimented abit.
i dont have a pipe or bong on me so i rolled some of the cheap 5x into a joint (despite what i was told not to do on here) , and kept the lighter on the end to get it super hot.. i'd then take a deep, hot hit.. i felt it by the time i was almost done the joint. more so than the 5 hits of 20x i tried in the bong. for about half a minute i felt as though my entire body was shifting so very slightly through the space of the car, when in fact i was just sitting still... wasn't a "trip" by any means, but maybe if i put everything i have into one sitting, i can get the experience im looking for.. im just surprised that the 5x actually did anything if the 20x was so disappointing..

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

#2866211 - 07/07/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you can make your own cheap 5x, next time you buy some make sure it says "standardized" 5x, this should fuck you up if the website isnt lying.

salvia tastes like shit.

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: Attention, salvia enthusiasts [Re: acoostick]
    #2866287 - 07/07/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

on the site i bought them from (salvia.ca). they are all "standardized", according to their descriptions. didnt mean to call it "cheap".. was just comparing it to the price i paid for the 20x..

OfflineKonkeyDong
    #2867399 - 07/08/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I bought some 10x about a year ago. I smoked it 3 times with no joy, so I chucked it into a sock drawer and forgot about it. I smoked it last month and it BLEW MY HEAD OFF. I took 2 huge bowl hits, with a bic lighter (flaming the hell out of the sally), and then I held each for 20 seconds (1000 and one method). By 15 on the second hit, I felt fuzzy and then I felt like I got shot out of cannon and landed in an artificial dream world.

QUESTION!!! What is better? A bowl or bong? A bic or a mini torch? Please tell me the best combo. Also, anybody that knows where to get the best bang for their buck on sally, please PM me and give me the hookup.

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
    #2867439 - 07/08/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

bong is always better- simply because you can take in far more smoke than with a pipe. a bic or torch will work
and iamshaman is the way to go for salvia- their stuff tore me apart.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals