Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
My Mom is getting on my fucking nerves!
    #2861562 - 07/06/04 03:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

lately all she has been doing is preaching about how i shouldent do drugs and this and that. She doesent let any friends come over...she searches my room routinely for papers and whatnot probably in hopes of finding my stash. She thinks im going to go insane because of shroomies....i just dont get it.

i cnat stand the ignorence...and worse yet the closeminded approach of avoiding any kind of enlightenment just because of drugs. She doesent realize drugs have been used for thousands of years and have played a very inportant roll in the evolution of the human consiousness.

I tell her to just leave me alone because i know what im doing...and she says she cant because if she does that then she might as well tell me to go to the streets. Shes says she doesent want to see me live the rest of my days in jail (lol its not like im pushing keys)

Shes is just so far inside the box i cant ever bear it anymore....i wnat to leave...i want my own place...but i dont have the money to move a the moment and its getting harder and harder to be a peacefull person around all this bitching.

I might as well be speaking a different fucking laguage to these old timers!

god i hate ignorence!

sorry for the ranting but my friend that just got out of the army went home drunk last night and his parents are putting him in some rehab shit and kicking him out and called my parents and everyone elses and told them to stay away from there son.

do you think somoene is overreacting here? Anyone eles been in this type of situation? I mean shit...i try to be the best person i possibly can and set a good example and make people realize that drugs arent always bad because im responsible...i have a job...i pay my bills...and im saving for my own place. But my parents are always trying to get me to sit at hom...they dont like when i leave the house. And i hear the same shit all the time and i think im gonna be the next one to go insane!

i just had to get that out there and let someone besides the ones close to me whats going on and maby get some input. I think ill go for a drive now and smoke a cig...i dont like the vibes im getting right now.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: My Mom is getting on my fucking nerves! [Re: Vulture]
    #2861567 - 07/06/04 03:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You're obviously 18 or you wouldn't be here. So move out and get your own place, or tell your mom to stay the hell out of your personal space and belongings!

If you don't have the money to move out, then by all means get to working on it. If you know that your life's enjoyment is being undermined, then you owe it to yourself to act or you can sit there and endure the bullshit.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: My Mom is getting on my fucking nerves! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2861583 - 07/06/04 04:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

im 20...will be 21 in dec.

and yes i realize i need my own damn place....i just need money. I just started doing masonry work not too long ago and got a couple raises...and my car is paid off now. All i got to do is save up...which might take a while.

And yes i told her to stay the hell out of my shita nd she wont see anything she doesnt want to. and she sayed its her damn house and shes gonna search and shes gonna take the shit no mater how much it cost becuase its her house.

my dad respects my space....my mom just worries needlessly and thinks she is doing good and doesent realize that shes jsut making it harder on the whole family becuase noone else is stressing out. My dad just shrugs his shoulders and trusts me.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2861587 - 07/06/04 04:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you are 20 then her searching your shit is actually illegal. Keep that job and get yourself a motel by the week to begin with, then save up for an apartment from there.

Freedom is worth the cost and trouble.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineBigNerd
Sociable loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: local elementary school
    #2861596 - 07/06/04 04:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Get a second job. Gets you out of the house sooner, and keeps you out of the house more until then. Sure, your social life will suffer, but as soon as you've got some money stashed and your security deposit made, drop the second job and live cheap. Grow your own vegetables and "herbs."

BigNerd

--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: My Mom is getting on my fucking nerves! [Re: BigNerd]
    #2861602 - 07/06/04 04:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

second job?

i work like 40 or more hours a week carring blocks and bricks all day and lifting 95 pounds bags of cement all day....the last thing i want is a second job...im fucking beat at the end of any givin day.

--------------------

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
    #2861605 - 07/06/04 04:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

She is just worried about you. She is from a different world where druggies steal from churches and rape women while there high. And another thing is the fact that you do smoke weed and do drugs does put you at a higher risk for failing at life and getting arrested. You cant do much about the getting arrested part because everyone (well almost everyone) tries there hardest to keep from that. But to avoid failing at life a druggie needs to have more willpower and ambition then a non drug user. Im sure alot will disagree with me there but its just part of my own observations.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2861611 - 07/06/04 04:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, I worked masonry too before and I didn't wan't any second job either.

But the pay is usually fairly good, and higher than other construction trades a lot of times. So get a weekly room rental, then just live cheap but free of BS in a motel for like a month or so while you save apartment money.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2862085 - 07/06/04 06:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

buy a lock for your door, as your mother to show more consideration and you show it to her by showing some 'improvement', you may also want to talk with her a little and ask her about her drug use when she was younger... everyone did it... I was there...

seriously, honest communication between the 2 of you will be better in the long run, tell her a little about how little harm some drugs are and teach her to use google to get a little information for herself...

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #2862258 - 07/06/04 07:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if and when you do move out i suggest moving away
i live out of my house but close to home
and my mother still incessently nags me
only know its about more important stuff
like grades, money etc.
i symphatize with ya though

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineWorldbridger
Nemo Lotus

#2862626 - 07/06/04 09:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I just went for another visit at my moms. This time I got so angry at her that I punched in a glass coffee table and fucked up my knuckles. That was after she kept putting me down for no reason, and grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me. She was acting very hostile and insane the whole visit, I couldn't take it anymore. She is also a ritalin junkie though with brain problems.

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
    #2862653 - 07/06/04 10:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I work construction too. It sucks, but it pays. Hell maybe, if my mom would have been like that. I would have gone to college!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub