Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
I need an ID (thanks in advance :))
    #2861239 - 07/06/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My friend found these in Maine; he believes they might be psilocybe caerulipes. What do you all think?

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: I need an ID (thanks in advance :)) [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #2861243 - 07/06/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You left out important details I could tell you if you took a print, or at least said what he found them growing from.

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer

Offlinepharmacopeia

Re: I need an ID (thanks in advance :)) [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2861248 - 07/06/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He said he found them under a birch tree in old old mulch(common place for that species of mushroom)

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

Loc: ya moms trailer park
    #2861252 - 07/06/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There are a lot of mushrooms that look like that, 100's of species.

If it has purple-brown spore print and the stem turns blue, it probibly is .. however if they have brown spores it would probibly be hard as hell to ID those to exact species. Do you have any pics of younger specimens?

OfflineOuchITripped

#2861253 - 07/06/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Any bluieng?, any very distinct smell? I don't know about other's, but I can smell Caer's, and they smell very very different from any other psilocybe

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?

Offlinepharmacopeia

#2861261 - 07/06/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Heh he said they smell surprisingly nice for mushrooms. He said "wow that's pwn" .. then he said "thats a pwn smell dude."

My friend is a loser. :frown:

--------------------
W A R N I N G

-

OfflineOuchITripped

#2861268 - 07/06/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

how do you pronounce PWN? ... More importantly do you see any blueing on the flesh of the cap and/or stem anywhere?

--------------------

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

#2861277 - 07/06/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would tell your friend to not eat those.. there's a much greater chance that it's toxic or unknown.

When i go out looking for caerulipes the first thing i do after i collect a LBM (with brown, blsck, or purple gills) is take a spore print, 90% of the time its brown, and 99% of the time it's not caerulipes. I've only found them like twice and they were not growing in large numbers, there were only about 3 of them.

And there are a ton of mushrooms that look almost identical to them, its impossible to tell it apart just by looking, unless they already have some blue on them.

Offlinepharmacopeia

#2861281 - 07/06/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He just reported a purple-ish bruising on the cap -- the stem is still taking a while. Over. *krrch*

--------------------
W A R N I N G

-

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

#2861290 - 07/06/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Purple bruising on the cap.. hmm ok i would say that it could be a spore deposit. Like if one shroom is growing under another, the spores will deposit on the cap of the one beneath. In the pic above i noticed some spores on one of the caps (3rd pic) but they appear to be brown, but its too hard to tell by a pic.

Anyways the "purple bruising" could be spores.

OfflineOuchITripped

#2861292 - 07/06/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Let me rephrase, Array is still wrong, wait for gumby gg or mj or.. someone bc i can't do it w/o all the info

--------------------

Edited by OuchITripped (07/06/04 11:55 AM)

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

#2861299 - 07/06/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

They are lbm's.. just aged and dried out. The color of that would be much darker and solid if they were fresh or young

I'm not spreading bad info here, im just trying to stress the fact that there is a complex of mushrooms that look exactly like that.

Edited by array (07/06/04 12:27 PM)

Offlinepharmacopeia

Re: I need an ID (thanks in advance :)) [Re: array]
    #2861347 - 07/06/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Just CALM DOWN array buddy.

--------------------
W A R N I N G

-

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

Re: I need an ID (thanks in advance :)) *DELETED* [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #2861365 - 07/06/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by array

Reason for deletion: its lame

Offlinepharmacopeia

#2861387 - 07/06/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Just CALM DOWN man we're all your friends here! I was just looking for some information for my friend who is too lazy to sign up for a shroomery account. Ok? So just take a breather and say "ohm," array.

--------------------
W A R N I N G

-

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

#2861390 - 07/06/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm ok.. I didnt really think that i was giving the impression of not being "calm" or fired up.. but if i was, sorry.

Offlinepharmacopeia

#2861399 - 07/06/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Dude seriously I'm just trying to have a good time on the forum while helping a friend. I never hurt anyone.

--------------------
W A R N I N G

-

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2861834 - 07/06/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I dunno whatcha got there.
-They are definately not a Psilocybe and not caerulipes either.

Psilocybe caerulipes stain blue.

Offlinegreenfaery
amateurentheogenecist
Loc: Southern Alberta
Re: I need an ID (thanks in advance :)) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2862287 - 07/06/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering if someone might be sooooooo kind as to help with an ID for an amateur mycologist (fan of the sublime fungal entheogens)...
I found these growing in a molist grassy field near where school kiddies play soccer. There were what appears to be two distinct species (my identification skillz are at least that keen), the first with a cone-like cap, very tough and almost woody stem, light gills and a spore print that was either white of they had already bdropped their little babies before i could check 'em.

the latter has a more flattened cap, a lighter stipe (as opposed to the cinnamon color on the former), browner gills and a brown spore print.

whether active or not i would love to know what genus and/or species they are, for my own personal interests. By the way, I am in the Lethbridge area of Southern Alberta. Thanx in advance if there are any takers =)

Offlinegreenfaery
amateurentheogenecist
Loc: Southern Alberta
Re: I need an ID (thanks in advance :)) [Re: greenfaery]
    #2862334 - 07/06/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ooops,  btw i forgot to mention that there is no bluing of the stalk or cap during bruising or handling... i imagine they're not anything special... they just grow everywhere round here and it'd be real nice tp know a common local species or two

:wink:
peace,  love and freedom y'all

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract