Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
dopeing my cactus??
    #2861280 - 07/06/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i read on erowid that you can inject dopamine in your san pedro and it would raise potency.i have about 300mgs 2c-c and i'm thinking about banging my cactus with it.since 2c-c is a phenethylamine, my cactus may convert the 2c-c into mescaline after a few weeks?give me some feedback guys! oh damn!i hope i don't get my beloved cactus hooked on the needle  :eyemouth:

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: dopeing my cactus?? [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #2862920 - 07/06/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/cgi-bin/chem_compa...i_ia_2ci_2d.gif

2ci is the closest thing to 2cc on chem compare and only differs by having an iodine rather than chlorine on carbon 4 of the ring.  dopamine (3,4-dihydroxy-phenethylamine) is quite different from it.  Mescaline is 3,4,5-trimethoxy-phenethylamine.  I'm not aware of any research in this area, but my initial thought is that the enzymes responsible for going from dopamine -> mescaline may not be able to use 2cc as a substrate.  Chlorine is pretty large compared to a hydroxyl, not to mention you have the methoxy group on carbon 2 to deal with as well.  I don't think it would work and even if it did, I wouldn't be one to try it without some analysis (GC/MS) to see wtf the result was.  the hive or one of those chemnerd message boards is probably a better place to ask, but I'd say you'd be better off eat..errr...researching the 2cc as is :smile:.

DH

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
Re: dopeing my cactus?? [Re: spores]
    #2865594 - 07/07/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the good reply.i'll see what the hive has to say.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2868983 - 07/08/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If i had to guess i'd say the enzyme that converts dopamine to mescaline is probably VERY specific and doping with 2C-C probably won't work.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2869478 - 07/08/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Has anyone actually made this work? I hear over and over people talking about the tech and how they plan to use it but never have heard from anyone who used it who could say for sure that it worked. The only way you would know for sure is if you had several plants that you knew the alkaloid content of and doped some but not all of them. Then if the doped ones are much stronger you could make a case. If they were just a little stronger it would be hard to tell since it's all so subjective. I think that if this really worked we would have heard more about it.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: dopeing my cactus?? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2869760 - 07/08/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What i would do was this:

Have 2 groups of several cacti placed in groups at random.

One group got nothing, one group got the dopamine and all other conditions tried to be the same (i.e. light, water. etc..)

Slurry up the cacti extract, GC/MS all cacti and keep in their groups, run a statistical T-Test between the groups and see if there are real differences.

Now, who's got a GC/MS?

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2871930 - 07/09/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

pure dopamine can be acquired from online labs....might work better than 2C-C.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: dopeing my cactus?? [Re: neuro]
    #2873086 - 07/09/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, that's a more rigorous version of what I was saying. It would be nice to be able to test the results and compare milligrams of mescaline per hundred grams of wet cactus. I don't know anyone who has access to that sort of equipment or who wants to spend the money on lab tests. You might find a narc waiting for you if you tried to get an illegal substance quantified anyhow.

I was thinking along the lines of having a large pedro that you had done a personal test on a time or two and which had a number of arms that could be cut off and rooted. If a kilo of it gave you an 8 hour trip that was about a 7 in potency, that gives you something to compare with. Lets say you had 2 pups or arms for each group. More would be better of course. You do the doping, dope them several times or even every week for a summer and then in the fall you start cutting and testing. Hard work but someone has to do it. If a kilo of the doped stuff gave you a 12 hour trip that was a 9 on the scale and the undoped stuff was still 8 hour and a 7, you would figure it was a success. Naturally you would have to do the personal test over again maybe a few times until it was all gone. If the second and third retest gave basicly the same results then you have proof that it worked. You would of course have to water and fert both batches the same way with the same sized pots etc and give them the same amount of sun.

How do you get the plant to absorb the dopamine? Cacti do not have empty space inside them and the stuff would likely squirt out as fast as you put it in. You could bore a hole and let it soak in slowly but that lets in disease and does not sound like a very good idea. You could stick the hypo in at an angle and let it seep in slowly leaving it stuck in the plant overnight or for a few days. I'm not sure if the liquid would try to seep into the plant or not. Does anyone think this would work?

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: dopeing my cactus?? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2873569 - 07/09/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The webpages on it mention using DMSO. Acetone might work too, but I'll let a chemistry buff yell at me about that....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate