Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Moe's Tek/Pasteurization
    #2858989 - 07/05/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone, hope the holiday treated you well.  I've got a quick question about the Moe's Tek.  I have several rye grain pint jars incubating right now, and I'm thinking about tossing on or two of them as spawn into my compost pile out back.  This is a big compost pile.  It's like 6' x 6' x 4' deep.  About a foot down there is a lot of really nice soil/compost material.  So, if I were to scrape away some of the grass/food/leaves from the top, get to the good soil underneath, and use this hole, into which I'd put the spawn grain, would I need to pasteurize anything? 
      My understanding of it is that the outside environment will be balanced so that a fully colonized rye substrate should be able to grow and fruit without contams in such an outdoor environment. 
      This is just a whim, I'm not really looking for large-scale production.  I just sort of want to see what happens if I spawn a jar out there. 
      Does this approach (following Moe's tek, no pasteurization) sound all right?  Thanks in advance!  :laugh:

GB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Moe's Tek/Pasteurization [Re: GnuBobo]
    #2859201 - 07/05/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Since it is from your compost pile, the material should be ok to use like it is. The heat of composting basically pasteurizes the compost before you use it, provided you get it from deep within the pile. I would not try spawning the whole pile, just use some from within in a separate hole. The size of that pile is way too big. Not to mention the heat generated by the composting process will not be good for the mycelium.

Dig a new hole...

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Moe's Tek/Pasteurization [Re: ATWAR]
    #2859318 - 07/05/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks! I'm going to try a spot a little off to the side where there's some shade. And yeah, it's too big to try to colonize the entire thing. I'll post if anything turns out.

GB

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom