Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
Re: mushroom chocolates *DELETED* [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2846406 - 07/01/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poorphucker

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: poorphucker]
    #2846721 - 07/01/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do you use normal chocolate for it, like milka, or something specially made for melting? I remember from times I was little kid I tried melting chocolate in the owen but it didnt worked as planned... you put it in pot and heat it, right?

Edited by Psiledehysp (07/01/04 09:38 AM)

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
Re: mushroom chocolates *DELETED* [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #2846747 - 07/01/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poorphucker

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2847210 - 07/01/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They had chocolates at the Dead show a couple years back. I waited around till I found some dried shrooms. This was because the shows aren't really about peace and love anymore, they are all about $$$ now. Little fucking bastard children run around ripping people off with weak hits of acid, so why should the chocolates be legit?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2847390 - 07/01/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It really depends on the size of the chocolate. An eighth ground up and mixed in with chocolates that are candy sized is very noticable in the texture, mouthfeel and taste of the chocolate. But why would you put a whole eighth into one chocolate? that's a bit much. Most are grams I would presume. Chocolate masks the taste of mushrooms very well, conceals it and is beleived to heighten the experience; so although it does have its merits, it also creates a way for shady people to do business. watch out.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: soochi]
    #2847412 - 07/01/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, and I weigh out my chocolates per unit. It's a pain in the ass, but if you're going to do something, why not do it right? It was never about the money anyway.

fyi: I use plastic candy molds (walmart) and really good dark chocolate (I work at a nice restaurant that uses couveture) I find dark chocolate to mask the taste better than milk, and I was never a milk chocolate fan to begin with. I also temper my chocolate which not only improves the look and taste, but makes them last longer without hideous chocolate bloom that can sometimes look like mold. Look into it.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #2850178 - 07/02/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, thanks for recipe! This mushroom chocolate idea is seducing me big time, lately... And isn`t it like a mexican tradition to mix those two things?

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2852737 - 07/02/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

whats a good method of turning the fungi into powder? do you just use a coffee grinder or what?

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: synthesis]
    #2852743 - 07/02/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Coffee grinders work great, but I just use my fingers to break them up since I'm never making them in bulk.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2854286 - 07/03/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Dry the shroomies under a ceiling fan with a black cloth over them. Light makes them weak or so I've been told. Then dry them in an Igloo type cooler till they are completely free of moisture by keeping Damp rid (dessicant)near them while they are drying. Keep the cooler lid cracked so the air circulates a tiny bit. Don't let them touch the pellets of Dri-Rite cuz the stuff's greasy and won't come off. When they're ready they will crumble into a powder like a cracker might when crushed in the hand. Grind them completely, mortar and pestle style.

Heat the chocolate slowly in a covered saucepan. You don't want it too hot. With a rubber spatula, mix the powdered mushies 1.5-2 grams to an ounce(1 dose) of melted choc(semi-sweet covers the taste best), accepted dose by most cool ppl...

You may want to use a cupcake tray. Line the cupcake holes with a square of aluminum foil big enough to wrap around one dose. Drop the spiked, melted choc into the hole & pat the tray on your palm till the chocolate is nice and flat. Let the choc cool. When it's hard, fold the foil around it tightly. Keep frozen or on ice. They're very tasty when cold.

OfflinePiperDoon
*.*

Loc: Canada
    #2855594 - 07/04/04 04:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I can't stand the taste of shrooms, which is why I always eat them with raisins, or, if I'm feeling a bit saucy, Glosette raisins.

My technique is to throw a small handful of raisins into my mouth and grind them up for a few seconds, then start tossing in the shrooms, like throwing coal into a furnace. Then I just alternate a few raisins and then a couple stems, and then some more raisins, and then a cap or two etc etc...

I would say this covers up about 80-90% of the taste of shrooms, and you've gone and had a nice healthy snack as well.

I also tried beef jerky but the beef just doesn't mix well with shrooms... too bad.

--------------------
Have a shroom? Leave a shroom.
Need a shroom? Take a shroom.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: PiperDoon]
    #2856026 - 07/04/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i just take the dried shrooms cause there sheeper and then buy a chocolate bar. Take a big bite of chocolate and then take and big bite of a crunch bar...cant even taste the shrooms.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Vulture]
    #2858399 - 07/05/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here is some pics of them chocolate pyramids.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...amp;o=&vc=1

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag