Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelaguendo
Serotoninja

Loc: Here and there and up nor...
Mushroom legality on Sumatra/Indonesia?
    #2854071 - 07/03/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

On the 19th of July I am flying over to Thailand for a two month visit with my girlfriend. The last month we will be spending on Sumatra in Indonesia, just south of Thai.

We have both heard alot about the illegality of drugs and the harshness of penalties in southeast-asia. I know I won't be going anywhere near THC which carries the death penalty in Indonesia, but how about mushrooms? A friend of mine who just got back from there says its legal to ingest but my girlfriend is totally freaking out at the thought of the southeast-asian legal system.

So what's the word on psilocybine on Sumatra? Can we trip there without getting a lifetime trip to jail? If you do have an idea about the legality, maybe you can point me to a source of information?

--------------------
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Mushroom legality on Sumatra/Indonesia? [Re: laguendo]
    #2854543 - 07/03/04 06:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i dunno man but i would not like to lose any of my extremities in that country for eating something like shrooms. I wouldnt touch them but im speaking from ignorance.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2854579 - 07/03/04 07:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you haven't heard of the thailand full moon festivals have you?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #2858366 - 07/05/04 11:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm, not sure about Sumatra, but shrooms are not legal in Bali, which is part of Indonesia. That doesn't mean it's not readily available, however. In Bali, it was easy enough to find away from the main tourist tracks. We scored some shrooms at the the cottages we were staying in just by asking the about the shrooms on the menu with a little wink and a nod. Just be careful - get to know who you're dealing with before you make inquiries. A good place to start is your driver / bartender / proprieter of the establishment you're staying in. Be subtle. If they're in the know, they should get your drift.

Somebody else mentioned something about the full moon party in Thailand. Do NOT fuck around at that event if you do plan to go. If you're going to get high in any way/shape/form while in Thailand or Indonesia, get supplied before you go to any party where there's a bunch of people. Don't go out thinking you're going to score at the party, cos that could easily land your ass in a Thai jail. In Thailand in particular, don't assume that cool-looking westerners are tourists, therefore they're OK. There are shitloads of westerner undercover cops brought in from the UK and other places, specifically to go to that full-moon party. A common trick is for them to set you up by offering you a joint, then they'll try to bust your ass. Trust me, I've seen it go down. You can spot 'em if you're observant cos they can't dance worth a fuck. In any case, you're way better off if you assume that nobody other than the person(s) you're travelling with is your friend. Sorry to sound harsh, but I've been in SE Asia awhile and I know for a fact that the cops do not play games with tourist dopers.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Political Discussion