Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Loc: East Coast
So what do you guys think?
    #2853762 - 07/03/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was driving along some backroads with my friend last night, and at certain spots along the route, we both smelled fresh mushrooms. And these areas where we were catching that scent, were all prime locations for possible actives. I'm pretty sure the only thing that grows in Maryland/Delaware are Pan Subbs. My question is, is this a common teqhnique in finding these things? Can I literally follow my nose to get to the good stuff?

I plan on going out and putting this to the test tonight sometime. Like around 8pm or so? Sound like a reasonable time? I'm gonna try to get a camera to borrow, so I can get some help with IDs.

Any and all feedback is appriciated,
Stner

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: So what do you guys think? [Re: Stonerware]
    #2853849 - 07/03/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That is the worst technique ever unless you train a dog to sniff out actives. Damn, that's a brilliant idea.

Offlinedk12
Stranger
    #2853925 - 07/03/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i bet you were smelling poo poo

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2853959 - 07/03/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms are not fruit loops, you don't just "follow your nose"...
But, similarly when I go to my morel grounds, it reeks of them. I love it there, now it's just oysters there at the moment (well, actually dried oysters)...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2854454 - 07/03/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The only mushroom I can positively ID with my
sense of smell is gymnopilus spectabils... as for pan subbs
learn thier habitat and fruiting parameters.. and you will
find them.... I find them in Rhode Island all the time...

good luck nofindum...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: So what do you guys think? [Re: nofind_um]
    #2854852 - 07/03/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

and where might he find the fruiting parameters, are they located on this site?

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Re: So what do you guys think? [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2854936 - 07/03/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've already been thorugh the FAQs.

While I was out, I didn't use said teq. But I was able to find some unknown species of pans. They have the black gills with white edges, thin fibrous stem, but the bastards are all white. Oh and they have a black spore print. They were found in pastureland growing out of dried cow poo.

We also found numerous other mushrooms which I'd love to post pictures of, but I don't have a camera right now. I'll see what I can do about that.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2855507 - 07/04/04 03:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

small Panaeolus looking mushrooms with spore-blackened gills, white near the margins and with white caps sounds like Pan. antarillim if growing in a pasture.

while you will not be able to identify mushrooms just by scent [though scent is often of great importance whenm making an identification] you can find mushrooms by smell and then proceed to identify them. i sometimes find msuhrooms in brush because i smell them first and when i am walking down the street and smell mushrooms strongly, i usualy have to about face and investigate for curiosity's sake.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Re: So what do you guys think? [Re: canid]
    #2855963 - 07/04/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's all I was trying to say. Would using your nose be a good method to narrow down the search of fields? My logic was, where you smell mushrooms so strongly... there's gotta be mushrooms.

I'm goin out tuesday night to look again in different spots. Suppose we'll see what happens.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom