Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemr_yellow
Mayor Jum Jum
Having trouble in southern Illinois!
    #2853892 - 07/03/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hello all...

Just another frustrated hunter here, asking for any information anyone might have about actives growing in southern Illinois.  I am located about 30 miles east of St. Louis, MO, across the river. 

Over the past four months, I have been searching every possible habitat and location around me, not finding a single active.  I have found my share of other kinds... coprinus, a few blue-bruising boletes, and pretty much every common yard mushroom.  Even after extensive searching through numerous pastures, finding nothing but coprinus varieties...

I've searched the FAQ and forums without finding hardly any info on Illinois whatsoever.  Is there anyone living here finding actives (I'm guessing subs are my best bet), or anyone hear of anyone finding actives in this boring state?  Well, thanks in advance for any info/tips you can give.. Better luck to you than I am having,

Yard Hunter  :heart:  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Having trouble in southern Illinois! [Re: mr_yellow]
    #2853905 - 07/03/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well, as for Panaeolus subbalteatus, try horse stables where they mix grass compost and horse manure. Those seem to work. Also try hay barrels; people have reported luck with those. Good luck and keep on shroomin'.

Offlinemr_yellow
Mayor Jum Jum
Re: Having trouble in southern Illinois! [Re: thearmedforces]
    #2856065 - 07/04/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks thearmedforces, that gives me something alot more specific to look for...  Hay bales are always a good producer of all kinds of mushrooms around here, maybe I've just overlooked the actives.. who knows.  Thanks for taking the time to answer,

Yard Hunter :heart: :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale