Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Hello, first Attempt
    #2853802 - 07/03/04 01:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i have been gathering the supplies i would need, and reading and studying for about a month now, i ran test runs to make sure i didnt get any growth in my jars after sterilization, and i tested out my grow chamber thing, to see if i could keep it humid. after i gave everything a go, i ordered the spores. i whipped up my jar, and let it sit for 10 hours. then i innoculated. that was a week ago. now i have a jar sitting in my closet with 2 dime sized spots of mycelium. however, there were 4 holes with which innoculated, but i only have 2 spots growing. the 2nd spot only showed up recently, like yesterday or something, but im starting to maybe worry with it being a week past. i used a flame to sterilize the tip of the needle, and i was worried, since heat can kill the spores, how long should i allow the needle to cool before i inject it into the jar, as to not kill the spores as they are passing through the needle, or should i not be worried about that? any ideas as to maybe i killed the spores in the needle because the needle was to hot and maybe thats why i havent seen growth in those two areas, or if there is another reason, or maybe i should just sit and those are just the late comers to the party.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: Hello, first Attempt [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2853821 - 07/03/04 01:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Your ok if you have growth you didnt kill the spores, be patient. For one weeks time it seems like your ok (without pic) What temp are you storing them at? Just see what happens if you have growth on a couple sides, worst thing that could happen is it might take a bit longer to colonize but you should be ok :smile:

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Hello, first Attempt [Re: McKennaFan]
    #2853834 - 07/03/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yea, im not to terribly heart broken, but my friend is growing weed, and he has a monster of a plant, and we were hoping that we would both be harvesting around the same time =D , anyways, yea, if anything it will just take a bit longer for me to get it outta the jar. the room i got it sitting in is great, as long as i keep cloth up against the bottom of the door, it doesnt drop below 70, so the temp is always 70-80.

but on my grow chamber thing, i bought some rubbermade container thats used to like, hang files. well the bottom of the container kinda slopes around the sides, so if i were to try to use perlite, i would have a bit of a problem with all the water pooling around the sides. so what i think ima do is go and get me one of those styrofoam coolers from a convience store, and cut a hole in the top and cover it with plastic wrap. then ill head over to Home Depot and have em cut me a piece of Plexiglas for it. anyone ever done this, and had it work well? or any other suggestions of what i should use as a grow chamber. at the moment i am only growing one jar, but if i ever try again ill probably grow more. and i need something a bit more inconspicuous. so im thinking the cooler might be just what i need.

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2853846 - 07/03/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Hello, first Attempt [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2854608 - 07/03/04 07:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Good things come to those who wait!

Patience is the key

--------------------

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Hello, first Attempt [Re: doc34]
    #2859385 - 07/05/04 07:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Aight. its been just over a week, and in my jar, there is 2 spots growing. one has lots of the "Rhizomorphs" or whatever, and the other....doesnt really have any. its white, and its growing about the same rate as the other spot, except i think MAYBE it stopped. i really been meaning to measure it, to see if its getting larger, but the smaller one thats growing the rhizomorphs has already out grown it, and it didnt even appear till a couple of days later. pretty soon ima take some pictures and upload em, though i been having trouble uploading to my webspace lately. anyways yea, ill try and get some pics of em up so you guys can get a better of idea of whats going on in that jar o mine.

Offlinehugo
tuna fish

Re: Hello, first Attempt [Re: Citric]
    #2859721 - 07/05/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Domey said:

youre so good wiht plastic wrap =]

my plastic wrap lids on my fruiting chamber looks like dog poo with duck tape around it  :eek:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation