Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds, Mylar Film, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
enough light? *pics
    #2853671 - 07/03/04 12:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

alright first time indoors and i need to keep it on the d/l so floros are my only option. how long do you think my setup will sustain these plants? i know i need to get a few more sticks before flowering (i think) i got diffrent spectrum lights as recomended via og's floro faq but it never mentions how many lights and what intensity you need for the various stages unless i missed it. there is not wattage rating on my bulbs unfortunatly but their nothing special. there's only about 2ft of grow space in the box (not including the pot and soil i will eventually transplant into) and i was hoping to keep them in there their entire lifespan maybe topping it once or twice if there's room and only growing out two plants. the bulbs get warm and keep the box at like 86F and the light is pretty bright in there when it's all foiled up so I think i might not need lights until flowering what do you guys think? any reccomendations to help a noob indoormans? anything i can buy (cheap) that i'll need? thanks. oh and what light schedule do you recommend in my situation? i've been leaving the lights on about 20-22hrs a day. one thing that makes me confident in the lighting situation is i put a pot outdoors in the florida sun and the sprouts are about the same size. i sowed all the seeds at exactly the same time and they weren't germenated at all, yet another thing that makes me confident of the lighting as of now, i just question it when they get bigger. I'll post pics of the outdoor pot in a minute.

the box foiled up-

inside the box-

a pic of that light in the back, it hurts your eyes if you look directly into it, as bad as when you look at the sun when it behind real thin clouds-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: enough light? *pics [Re: John]
    #2853712 - 07/03/04 12:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've been reading the OG faqs and they recommend around 50w/sqft. Plust that plant likes cooler temperatures, 72-80F. Also aluminum foil is crap when it comes to reflectivity. Mylar or emergency blankets would work a lot better. Or even flat white paint (not glossy).

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1477
http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1486
http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/44

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: enough light? *pics [Re: cb9fl]
    #2853767 - 07/03/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cool, thanks i always have a hard time finding stuff at og, probably cuz i hardly ever go there and don't know what to search, i found another flouro faq that you didn't list but the one you listed was far better. guess it's a good idea to hook up a couple computer fans on the box to keep the temp down, should i just put a fan up by the lights or put one by the lights and one by the plants? a little wind should help stiffen the stems as well eh? and i guess i should get real lights for flowering... here's some pics :stoned:

outdoor plants no bigger than indoors

and a pedro puppin out, one on top one on the bottom :smile:

some outdoor cacti, the one on the left has 3 pups but you can't see them and there's a baby watermelon vine growing inbetween the two thicker pedros-

3 year old peyote-

anyone know if this is morning glory (pearly gates?) it's the only seed I planted in the area, i've been looking at pics from google image search and it could go either way, i don't really know so much about plants (but am taking botany this fall :smile:)-

heh sorry just got my shitty cam working again and took a bunch of pictures of my stuff :tongue:

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #2853895 - 07/03/04 02:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why do you have all those seedlings together? You would have to cut into their root structure to transplant them.

You should definately have a fan blowing on them to strengthen the stems.

Anonymous

#2853929 - 07/03/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

first off, headover to overgrow.com
secondly, make sure you have that floro within a couple inches of the seedlings.  like 1-2in, otherwise they'll just keep stretching.  get rid of the aluminum foil- it creates hotspots.  seriously, do some reading on OG.  good luck. :grin:

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: enough light? *pics [Re: cb9fl]
    #2854107 - 07/03/04 03:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i was planning on killing most of them off and just keep one or two, i just tossed a bunch of seeds in there to make sure some would grow, didn't think so many would actually sprout.

and yeah i read about the foil messing it up, i think i can find an emergency blanket around here. i know i should read up at overgrow thing is i don't smoke pot and don't really care so much i was just messing around and wanted to grow something new, i guess it can't hurt to expand my knowledge though. the flouro is real close to one of the pots but the other one is kinda far away, i think i'll have to put it outside till it gets tall enough to be close to the light, thanks :stoned:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2854191 - 07/03/04 04:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

sure looks like morning glories to me, don't worry about killing them off, let them fight for survival, the strongest will always win out, or they'll all survive. They're pretty invasive, I wouldn't worry about it hurting their growth.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds, Mylar Film, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden