Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2847579 - 07/01/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer Mazatapec - but would have to agree with most of the opinions that it is more mind set and setting, and proper dosing, that determines the outcome. I get a really nice jouney from about 4 grams (dried) of my Mazzies.....

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMinimumEfrt2
enthusiast
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: flybynite]
    #2847879 - 07/01/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

DO WE HAVE TO ARGUE THIS EVERYDAY??!?!

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: mockeylock]
    #2847988 - 07/01/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mockeylock said:
These are what, ug per gram of wet weight, or what?
Those are very, very, very small numbers.

Thats exctally what i was thinking...And I noticed Anno didnt specifically mention what effect these chemicals have, which lead me to believe there effect is unknown...I always though LSD was basically the only chemical strong enough to get you high at microgram levels, I guess i was wrong  :crazy:

Quote:

MinimumEfrt2 said:
DO WE HAVE TO ARGUE THIS EVERYDAY??!?!

:yesnod:

Quote:

sic8 said:
Which brand of alcohol makes you more drunk?

Everclear  :cool:

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: sic8]
    #2848273 - 07/01/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sic8 said:
Which brand of alcohol makes you more drunk?

since we got eh fact that diffrent strains can have diffrnet contesnts therfore more/less visual, speedy or thoughtfull ill get a bit into some distilling stuff.

Beer is a totally diffrent drunk then say bacardi 151 or just plain vodka. Heres why, Highly fermented mash @14-19% starts to make it harder for the yeasts starts to make ethenol or sugar/grain alcohol for drinking alcohol, and its starts to produce more methanol. methenol os a poison and its wood alcohol for race/car fuel. Mash for distilled sperits unlike beer is distilled to 14-20% where beer is distilled to 6-8% then the yeast is killed before the methenol starts to get made in significant amounts. So next time you drink a few beers and pick up a bottle and notice how its more "crazy" its not just your geting drunker, your poisoning yourself with methenol. all because of the greedy distillers trying to get the most out of there mash.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2848919 - 07/01/04 09:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
Highly fermented mash @14-19% starts to make it harder for the yeasts starts to make ethenol or sugar/grain alcohol for drinking alcohol, and its starts to produce more methanol. methenol os a poison and its wood alcohol for race/car fuel. Mash for distilled sperits unlike beer is distilled to 14-20% where beer is distilled to 6-8% then the yeast is killed before the methenol starts to get made in significant amounts. So next time you drink a few beers and pick up a bottle and notice how its more "crazy" its not just your geting drunker, your poisoning yourself with methenol. all because of the greedy distillers trying to get the most out of there mash.

Oh...okay...with all due respect... This is complete and utter bullshit. Brewers yeast does not produce methanol. I don't know where you've been getting your data, but it's not from any legitimate source. You sure as hell don't know anything about the production of alcohol.

For one thing, brewers yeast doesn't produce methanol. Their respiratory pathway is -quite- well understood, and it just doesn't work that way. The only way you get methanol (barring synthesis or other high-tech methods) is by heating wood in the absence of oxygen.

For another thing ... do you even know what distilled beverages are? High-alcohol drinks (like vodka, gin, rum, etc) are distilled. This means that you basically take a whole shitload of mash and heat it up and draw off the alcohol through evaporation. The mash is about as strong as medium-strength beer; maybe 7 - 10%. It's difficult to keep yeast reactions going past about 12% -- and not worth it for the production of distilled beverages -- economically unviable for someone whose goal is to put out a very large volume of distilled alcohol.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Sev]
    #2851634 - 07/02/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dont feel like re reaserching. If you dont think you can cant get mash above 10% you should check your facts, 14-16 is the norm 18-20is hard unless you have the right yeast. I learned all my onfo from esasttnstills.com and im a member of american distillers yahoo group.

OfflineSev
Astropath
    #2851787 - 07/02/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I know you can get mash above 10%, it's just that it's more difficult to do so. I know of some Czech beers that're brewed up to 19% or so, IIRC.

Anyway, you're still utterly wrong about your idea that yeasts produce methanol, which is really the major "whatthefuck?" point I was making. I've got no idea where you got that from; I'm guessing tales about moonshiners and why they sometimes put methanol in their product.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2851879 - 07/02/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Some wild yeasts produce methanol, but not brewer's yeast.

http://biochemie.web.med.uni-muenchen.de/Yeast_Biology/03_Metabolism.htm

OfflineTrique
Psilocybe Junkie
Loc: Chocolate Town, Pennsylva...
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Magash]
    #2851931 - 07/02/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
As much as I hate to say it psilocybin is psilocybin, psilocin is psilocin, baeocystin is baeocystin and they all pretty much do the same thing.

Thank you, and not only Magash, but for all you people that backed me up when I got bashed. If you disagree with us about this, really think about this one long and hard, and after you start going nutz from your stupidity, then go read the chemical effects of psilocybin. I'm pretty sure they have a good analysis on Erowid.

Another interesting thing I might add, notice how the surveyed eventually showed that the more popular strains are more visual (or whatever the question was) and the less popular ones got less votes. This is simply because of the popularity. Of course, people are going to say their favorite is better.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Trique]
    #2852558 - 07/02/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to see someone actually do a survey that wouldn't be overly affected simply by the fact that people haven't tried certain strains. When you have "Which strain is the most visual: (list)," and you don't compensate for the fact that people haven't tried them all; you get a skewed answer.

A better (read, more accurate) survey would be one that's relational -- but this would require significantly more programming.

First, you ask the person to select what strins they've tried. Then, you ask them to compare each strain. "Which is more visual: strain 1 or strain 2".

Of course, this would take a lot more work, both on the end of the person making the survey, and on the part of the person taking the survey.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2872095 - 07/09/04 08:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone meet me at the park.Bring your shrooms.We'll mix em all up and see if we can't get a good buzzzz

:hippie:

Eat shrooms ,eat shrooms everybody eat shrooms

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinekitsune
Psilocybinaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a van down by the rive... Flag
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: KaptKid]
    #2881220 - 07/12/04 04:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What he said.  :grin:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? *DELETED* [Re: Trique]
    #2884754 - 07/13/04 01:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by bluemeanie

Reason for deletion: jjbkjb

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Trique]
    #2884772 - 07/13/04 01:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You see - what your

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2884793 - 07/13/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

>Your information regarding Ps.azurescens is based on what is basically flawed research published in Stamet's book.

It's not flawed research, it's a a flawed interpretation of the chart by its readers.
Stamets published a chart of observed maxima of the alkaloid content in single specimens. And the chart does state that it only shows the maxima.
This means, single specimes were tested for their alkaloid content and the chart represents only the specimen with the highest numbers found.
It doesn't say anything about the average potency.

This flawed interpretation of data seems to be more common that we would like it, check http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2871940

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Anno]
    #2888595 - 07/14/04 04:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yea but the maxima reported- while being themselves correct, are not representitive of the true maxima on activity in these mushroom species - they are misleading because people assume that they actually tell us the true maxima of these species, when they clearly do not.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats are some of more visual cube strains? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2888682 - 07/14/04 05:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> the maxima reported- while being themselves correct, are not representitive
> of the true maxima on activity in these mushroom species
True.

> are misleading because people assume
Yes, that's the problem, people assume and do not read what the table actually represents.

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2893396 - 07/15/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

IMO - They (cubes) are all one in the same as far as active ingredients that produce the visual effects . What make one cube stronger than another (again IMO) are the conditions in wich it was grown. I'm certain that certain individuals on this site, who pay meticulous attention to detail in regards to growing, (growers like magash or joshua for example), will tell you that type of cube aside bumper healthy crops produce bumper healthy trips. You want the visuals? Libs, beos, and azures rule the roost. They beat cube hands down when it come to visuals.IMO

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder