Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: gdman]
    #2856016 - 07/04/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

also a few mckenna lectures, can't remember which ones though...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: kotik]
    #2856398 - 07/04/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Leave Kotik alone, damn, who the hell are all of you people to judge him/judge his actions? It was a controlled experiment which turned out fine. Sure, there were risks involved, and the experiment was performed without the dog's consent, but it's not like he slices his dog's balls off or anything.

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #2856634 - 07/04/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Jeez man... I don't know about mushrooms, but i've seen a dog that ate some marijuana. He didn't look too happy, that's when he was concious. I don't wish anything bad on you, but at least it's good that you won't do it again. But on the other hand, catnip is a very popular drug. Meant for the cat, sure, but sometimes mine can get really high. :mushroom2:

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #2857818 - 07/05/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

a controlled experiment?! I'd hate to see what you consider to be an uncontrolled experiment.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineaNewPerception
candy eater
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Cherk]
    #2857830 - 07/05/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my dog has eaten a little hefty amount of MJ over the years..

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: aNewPerception]
    #2857896 - 07/05/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That's a cool thing you did i think. I thought about it the other day and decided i wouldn't give any animals psychedelics (at least not within the next 5 or so years). A dog i had about 7 years ago ate about 4 hits of my uncles acid by accident. It really did change him though...he would sit there and watch t.v. with us. He'd watch cartoons intently. This isn't a joke at all. He also ate about 35g of schwag, which kind of freaked me out. For 3 days he wouldn't move and i thought he was dying. We took him to the vet and found out what was wrong with him :p Yup...

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2858196 - 07/05/04 06:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

jesus, you all act like I put bleach in my dogs eyes or something.

Hey, good suggestion! I'm gonna give that a try.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Swami]
    #2858244 - 07/05/04 07:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I still dont understand the pleasure you get from feeding your pet psychedelics.

catnip is funny as hell, but the cats conciously choose to take it, they even roll in it. This way they clean all the catnip off their fur and get goofy again.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2858410 - 07/05/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
rabbits have shampoo put into their eyes everyday, to test the next best hair care. Pigs, cows and chickens are tortued and slaughtered so that you may all be able to get that next $.39 cent burger from McD's. Even more animals die in shelters everyday, due to lack of a loving owner.

Does that really justify your actions? Just because other people do terrible things to animals then it's okay for you to give your dog drugs for no reason?

If you were genuinely curious you should have read studies done on animals with hallucinogens. There is no need to repeat what others have done. You *are* ignorant because you have no idea what could have happened. As others have pointed out, it's possible that mushrooms could have been toxic to your dog. You remember that dogs are not humans, right?

You seem to be defending your actions with three examples. First you imply that testing hair care products on animals eyes is wrong but that testing hallucinogens on animals is fine. The objectives of both studies are essentially the same: to determine the effects of a substance on an animal. The difference between these two examples is in motive. You also use the example of killing animals for food as an example of what is wrong. Somehow you think that we should see that testing on animals when it is motivated for profit is wrong or killing them for food or profit is wrong, yet testing on animals just out of curiosity is perfectly fine. That point of view is worth consideration but it is not the only factor. IMO, what makes your experiment disgusting is that you don't seem to have any idea whether or not the outcome would be good or bad. You had total disregard for your animal's safety and comfort, yet you try claiming that you love it.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: John]
    #2858421 - 07/05/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

IIRC, experiments done with LSD on cats suggests that they experience hallucinations.

OfflineZalusar
Stranger
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2858432 - 07/05/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have never given a pet any psychedelics or anything, but I used to smoke out my dog and cat. I don't smoke with my dog anymore because it just walks off lays down and stares at things(like walls a foot infront of it and shit). But I think my cat likes it he will just lay there next me to me and purr then go walk around looking at things intently then come back when I spark another bowl, and when it smells pot it'll follow me around the house, or come running when I am smoking and starts rubbing on me. So I think he likes to smoke ;p

Offlinefungis_eata
strangerrrr
Loc: neverland
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: attar]
    #2858566 - 07/05/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

4 or 5 months ago my girlfriend and I got a 1/4 of mushrooms and gave my cat one in a bowl of tuna. It was only about a quarter inch long, about as small as they get. She seemed to be alright. She was chillin with us all night. She didn't even seem to be affected at all.
Once we started to trip, we got the feeling she might be pregnant for some reason. Soon enough, she started getting big and had a litter of four. The kittens are all very healthy and seem to be alright.
:mushroom2:
Jon

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
    #2859273 - 07/05/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well if she is a cockapoo. Atleast you don't have to worry about it fliping out. Maybe even attacking you!

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Juggler]
    #2859595 - 07/05/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Once a hit of acid fell in a fish tank, nuthing happend to my fish.

once at a party some people gave mushrooms to my cat but he wouldnt eat them, pretty funyy cuz they kept trying and my cat clawed this one guys arm up, pretty funny.

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2860112 - 07/05/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

another tryptamine, 5-meo-DMT, kills sheep dead, but is not at all toxic to humans.

Actually I believe this is due to other things found in the phalaris grass they eat.

I don't get it? Its morally right to imprison an animal in a carpeted dungeon, reduce its daily activities to laying around and eating one kind of dried up shit out of a dish, maybe go for a little run around the 30'x30' patch of grass or a short stroll around the block tied up to a noose - all so your lonely/bored ass can have some company that will pay attention to you and can then tell yourself "I treat my pet so well" on your way to the vet to get its balls cut off.............

But its wrong to get it baked or a little spun because there is a small chance it might experience some temporary discomfort in the midst of a lifetime of denying its natural instinct.

I think everyone with a pet is guilty. If you care for animals set them free.

But thats a bit ridiculous, just as rest of the preaching on this post has been.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2860173 - 07/05/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"I don't get it? Its morally right to imprison an animal in a carpeted dungeon, reduce its daily activities to laying around and eating one kind of dried up shit out of a dish, maybe go for a little run around the 30'x30' patch of grass or a short stroll around the block tied up to a noose - all so your lonely/bored ass can have some company that will pay attention to you and can then tell yourself "I treat my pet so well" on your way to the vet to get its balls cut off.............
But its wrong to get it baked or a little spun because there is a small chance it might experience some temporary discomfort in the midst of a lifetime of denying its natural instinct.
I think everyone with a pet is guilty. If you care for animals set them free.
But thats a bit ridiculous, just as rest of the preaching on this post has been. "

hit the nail on the head. I agree with everything there except setting them free. Just take the fuckers out for a walk or a car-ride once in a while.

--------------------

InvisibleLthirdSeyeD
Stranger
Male

#2860176 - 07/05/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Beautiful fucking post Frankie!

I dont think he did anything wrong to give his pet a small amount of shrooms. If i was stuck in a house all day seeing the same things day after day and ate some food and began to see everything from a different view I would have no problem with it.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2860598 - 07/06/04 02:12 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You don't think humans deny our natural instincts as well? Sitting in a cubicle from 9-5 isn't natural. Pets have been domesticated for hundreds of years. Majority of these pets would be far far extinct by now without domestication, nor would some even exist. I don't think living in a warm house with plentiful food and water is such a terrible life. Animals are not intelligent enough to form complex thoughts about their surroundings either.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: discoabe]
    #2861577 - 07/06/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i've eaten a quarter a couple of times before, the first half of a trip that strong is awesome, but when you come down its too much and smokin bud just makes it soo much worse. your dog might have fun the first half of the trip, but your putting your dog through hell afterwards. (both times ive ate a quarter of midgrade shrooms i was killed in a bloody mess towards the end of my trip....)

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: acoostick]
    #2861584 - 07/06/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sorry for the double post ^^^^^^

the dude early figured out that it would be like 6-7.5 grams for a human equivalent

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale