Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinetriptOuT913
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: 40oz]
    #2853106 - 07/03/04 01:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It could be good karma as well. Maybe he just opened his dogs eyes to some shit that no other dog will ever know and now hes got the smartest/most enlightened dog on the face of the earth. So the dog might be thanking his owner for giving him this magical bowl of dog food. You never really know though cause animals cant speak. I say its alright to let your pets get high/trip at least once in their life. If I was a dog I wouldnt mind after years of being trapped on a leash and being trapped in a small ass back yard unable to do the things that wild animals do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: triptOuT913]
    #2853114 - 07/03/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would never be able to dose a pet, personally. I would feel overwelmingly guilty. Once, one of my cats accidently got high off of my husbands and mine's second-hand mj smoke, and she was mewing like she was horny and loving us all night. But I couldn't imagine dosing a dog or cat purposely...I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: kotik]
    #2853226 - 07/03/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

jesus, you all act like I put bleach in my dogs eyes or something. I'm not testing lab chemicals on my dog here. This dog has been through alot, but I wanted to give you all an update, and the dog is fine.

After the first hour she started getting really excited, and when she started playing, she wouldn't calm down for a good hour or two. Then she jumped up next to me on the couch, layed on my lap and fell asleep. She wasn't running into things or flipping out, as I might have expected. She just got playful for 2-3 hours, then fell asleep.

" people like you shouldn't be allowed to breed. "
what, you mean someone that takes in stray dogs, and cares for them? at one point, we had about 11 dogs that were ALL being cared for. I am not very wealthy, but I found myself dealing with $200 vet bills all the time, which has NOTHING to do with experiementing on dogs. This is just for keeping them all up to date on shots, heartworm medication, etc. etc.

"animal services should take your dog from you. ass hole "
and then what, put the dog to sleep after no one shows up to take it home? Yeah, that's the right thing to do for sure.

"drugs remain illegal because of people like you."
I disagree, I blame the illegal status of drugs on 2 things. First, organize crime that parrallels violent crime, and the profit made by the government on the sole fact that some drugs are illegal.

"I wish ... I could beat the shit out of you and feed your meat to your dog."

haha, ok, my brutal death as a consequence? aren't you going a little overboard. Also, threatening to beat anyone up over the internet is just plain lame, and unless you have some pretty decent hand to hand combat training I would advise you against this.

"I hope you get some weed laced with PCP or something."

around here, that is extra.

rabbits have shampoo put into their eyes everyday, to test the next best hair care. Pigs, cows and chickens are tortued and slaughtered so that you may all be able to get that next $.39 cent burger from McD's. Even more animals die in shelters everyday, due to lack of a loving owner.

Last night, my dog has a small dose of ground up shrooms, and was surrounded by familiar, friendly faces. This dog has never been on a collar. She rides everywhere with us in the car, she has been tubing down some pretty crazy rivers, she has run off in a HUGE lightning storm that lasted a week, and come back. She has been through alot. Call me ignorant, I can deal with that, call me retarded, I can even deal with that, but don't take my own curiosity as some kind of adolescent agression being vented towards an innocent animal.

but I am glad to see how many of you got worked up over this, considering thae fact you all formed elaborate conclusions about me, my intentions, and how happy my dog is, and you formed all this opinions out of my avatar, and about 4 sentences.

OUT OF ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED AGAINST ME: how many of you have blown smoke in your pets' faces? How many of you have given them alcohol? Left wing liberals are just as bad as Right wing conservatives.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Edited by kotik (07/03/04 03:12 AM)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2853232 - 07/03/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

and thank god I finally got a rating. I was overdue, albiet a pretty crappy one, I am not interested in a popularity contest here

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2853239 - 07/03/04 03:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

and also, she didn't get sick at all. she was fine, is fine, and happily wags her tail, even when I call her as she sleeps.

Too bad she can't talk, I would have her tell you all to piss off and let her let me maker her own desicions.

--------------------

OfflinetriptOuT913
    #2853251 - 07/03/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

true dat. true dat.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2853260 - 07/03/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my dog is more than a dog,
its family.
no way in hell would i play rush & roulette with my dogs perception & reality
for something like shits & giggles, or anything else for that matter.
karma will decide if this experiment was in your favor or against, thats all.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2853263 - 07/03/04 03:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dont give my dog weed or let it drink alcohol. My dog is perfectly happy without drugs, as im perfectly happy having my own drugs.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2853335 - 07/03/04 04:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i dont consider this cruel, and my intentions were not cruel. I too believe in karma, but I don't look at this like something that will come back to me in a bad way.

sorry if any of you feel that way. maybe I should just have all my dogs put down, do you think that would make them happier? At least no more assholes like me will be able to torture them, as many of you claim.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2853555 - 07/03/04 08:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

most animals (besides some of the higher mammals/primates) do not have the mental capacity to experience a "trip" which is part of why a lot of scientists/researchers that have no interest in conventional "drugs" have an interest in psychedelics, it seems that the only 4-hydroxlated tryptamine found naturally was made for the HUMAN brain and noting else. psychedelics have and always will be feed to animals by researchers, many of which studies are conducted in very inhumane situations, and also LD50 testing all that. anyway the most a dog will feel of shrooms would be akin to a low dose of amphetamine which physcians have no problem shoving down the throts of americas children and actually amphetamine is a lot worse than any amount of shrooms. so it's okay to give young children amphetamine (without their consent) but an outrage to give a dog some shrooms? that being said i doubt i would ever feed my dog or anyone elses psychedelics. i've seen it done 3 times two of which were accidents and one on purpose. my friends dog (about 10lbs) got into some shroom kool-aid and laped up about half a human dose (2g i'm guessing) and we didn't notice very much change at all other than he had more energy. my girls cat drank some tea before as well and about an hour after that she fell asleep, not something that's going to happen if she was tripping. my friends step-dad feed his cat 2 hits of gels, the cat was normal the whole night except again for more energy.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: John]
    #2853589 - 07/03/04 08:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

" we didn't notice very much change at all other than he had more energy"

had the exact same effect, followed by sleep. I still don't see what the big deal is here. This dog runs around outside and probably eats all kinds of shit (literally!) so what makes me so cruel.

you guys suck, 1 shroom for all of you haha

--------------------

OfflineRusty
The lonemushroomer

Loc: Texas
    #2854535 - 07/03/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think it was an ignorant thing to do but not an abnormal one, However the experience might scare the dog because it might not know whats happening to it. See how the dog reacts, if it starts rolling around and licking you fine but if if panics you might have to take it to ther vets to prevent it from injuring itself or others.

--------------------
The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked up into a jet intake.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #2854587 - 07/03/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly.

Thank you for a more realistic perspective.

--------------------

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2854971 - 07/03/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You can try and justify your actions all you want, but the fact remains that you fed drugs to your pet without knowing what the effects would be. IMO that is morally wrong.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlineomniscientlore
shroominwolverine

Loc: The desert of the real
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Cherk]
    #2854982 - 07/03/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My buddies was getting ready to eat his eighth one night, and he had it on a small pizza on the coffee table and when he went to go get a drink, the dog ate the whole fucking thing. It was totally accidental, but his dog was schizo later that night, running all over the place, knocking things over. So why would you want to hurt your pet? I agree with the people here, your ideologies are pretty skewed.

--------------------
'On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'- Tyler Durden/Narrator

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: Cherk]
    #2855043 - 07/03/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:

Besides, a drug that is safe for humans may or may not be safe for animals.

another tryptamine, 5-meo-DMT, kills sheep dead, but is not at all toxic to humans.

--------------------

Offlinesic8
dazed andconfused
Loc: underneath
    #2855112 - 07/03/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Cats can apparently trip off datura:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=10874

Several reports there, quite funny.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: sic8]
    #2855785 - 07/04/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

they arent funny! its immoral!

good news, baby (my dog) is fine, and happy as ever. WOuld I do it again? No. Because it's immoral? no. because I hate my dog, no not that either.

It's simply a waste of good shrooms, and now I know what happens.

If you all wish me to hell, or hope I get bad karma, thats fine. HOpe you all have a good day though.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2855950 - 07/04/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

are you sure about this? cows eat mushrooms all the time and seem to be affected by them, all kinds of bugs eat mushrooms and seem to be affected by them, squirials and rain deer eat amanitas and seem to be affected by them. Ever see the pics of a spider spinning a web on LSD, it sure as hell seemed to be tripping. What you did kotik is wrong, it could have been very bad. Commen reactions in dogs are them freaking out and shitting all over the place. They useually aren't the same.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: ever let your pets trip? [Re: gdman]
    #2856010 - 07/04/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

read:
DMT the spirit molocule
LSD: the consciousness-expanding drug
LSD- my problem child

all refrence psychedelics and animals, also any college pharmocology book should cover the subject.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract