Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesplifftoter
High Class

What to look for when buying shroomies?
    #2852153 - 07/02/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Alright last night my friends came over with a pretty fucked up looking bag of shrooms. They hadn't been dried, they were in a plastic bag so they turned to goo, and the dealer didnt even know what strain they were. I do not want this same thing to happen to me so what are some things to look for and questions to ask when buying a sack of mushrooms.
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: splifftoter]
    #2852191 - 07/02/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Very few dealers know the strain, or at least they never seem to want to admit they know. Goo = bad. Just learn what the standard magic mushroom looks like, and look at the bag before you purchase.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2852281 - 07/02/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

dont get goo. good chances it WAS shrooms, but they didnt dry it long enough, or didnt dry it at all. Either way, as warm goo (not frozen), there are good chances it's already pretty much crap.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinesplifftoter
High Class

Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: kotik]
    #2852360 - 07/02/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, plus i know the guy who they got that shit from and he had no idea what the fuck he was doing. He totally ripped them off with the weight too.
I just want to know what to ask and look for when its time for me to get some.
Thanks for the help so far! Anything else you guys can think of?

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2852362 - 07/02/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

just make sure its dry, and weighs out; or lately I've been hearing it comes in chocolate.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineomniscientlore
shroominwolverine

Loc: The desert of the real
    #2852800 - 07/02/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Most good dealers will hook you up with a bag of brittle mushrooms. These will snap like a cracker. Unfortunately, you see a lot of crap in the bag, which are shreds of mushrooms that are in the bag. If you get a sack with whole mushrooms, chances are they were grown.

--------------------
'On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'- Tyler Durden/Narrator

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2852810 - 07/02/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

[img]http://www.erowid.org/plants/show_image.php?i=mushrooms/mushrooms_dried1.jpg[/img]

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: Cherk]
    #2853316 - 07/03/04 03:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^

--------------------

Offlinemush20
Stranger
    #2853379 - 07/03/04 05:12 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Lol... Dont even screw around with that crap. When it comes to mushrooms I prefer to get mine from people I trust and know what thier doing. You need a better drug dealer.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2853540 - 07/03/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

look for whole shrooms or one's that were whole before being pocketed and also ones that are more golden caps and white stems rather than purple or black cuz they're probably field shrooms but that depends where you live i guess, field shrooms suck compared to grown ones though. and cracker dry is another thing to look for like said previously. about asking the strain, whenever someone asks me i say p.cube, they say yeah but what strain (me: p.cube) it annoys me to have someone ask what strain like it matters, they are fuckin cubensis, i could say any strain i could think of and you wouldn't know the diffrence anyway so why the fuck ask what strain. even if i remember i won't tell the person as to not encourage people asking that. also it might encourage the dealer to lie or just make up any strain that comes to mind, i have with people that were persistant but only because i honestly couldn't remember so i just say the first strain that comes to mind and they're happy, kinda pointless imo, dryness is a lot more important than what strain and also you can tell by how they look how well the person cared for them which matters as well.

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: John]
    #2853746 - 07/03/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Strain = Potency

Therefore, I'd like to know how potent my shroomies are :smile:

Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #2854998 - 07/03/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

^^
All the strains should have almost no differences in potency, they are all still P.cubensis.

The strains only exhibit slight differences in appearance, not amounts of alkaloids.

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2855002 - 07/03/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thankyou :smile:

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2855014 - 07/03/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah most likely you will get something that looks like that, a bag of sad looking mushrooms, but those are still mushrooms and will still do the job pretty well. You can tell they have been grown off cakeds because some of the stems will be curved like you can see in that bag. You'll probably see some gold flakes of vermeculite, those where used in the cakes and have nothing to do with shrooms.

Or you can buy abag with better looking shrooms, mushrooms that ahve been grown by the dealer or someone close too.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinePiperDoon
*.*

Loc: Canada
Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: iamgod]
    #2855579 - 07/04/04 04:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I would tend to agree with Dan on this one. Check this link to Erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

Also, I've had a few different strains before, and the skinny little 'Hawaiian' fellers I got via Azarius while living in Europe were WAY stronger than the monsters I get here in Canada. That said, the stuff in Canada is WAY WAY cheaper, even though I have to munch a lot more to get the same buzz or better.

--------------------
Have a shroom? Leave a shroom.
Need a shroom? Take a shroom.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: PiperDoon]
    #2855819 - 07/04/04 08:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

probably a diffrent species which can make a world of diffrence, strain dosn't mean shit imo. substrate effects potency as well, so how come people that ask strain don't ask what they were grown on, how they were dried ect. it makes story time out of getting some shrooms, i guess if you got ripped off a lot it'd make you question stuff more but the person is likely gonna tell you what you want to hear.

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
    #2856020 - 07/04/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

a cube is a cube

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2856025 - 07/04/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with john, you said you tried azuers, that is a diffrent species, Hawaiians are cope cyans or blue meanies.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2858665 - 07/05/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Just by looking at them you can usually tell if they ahve been dried correctly.

Make sure they are cracker dry (stems should snap, they may have some small bend to them 100% dry, but they should crack)

Some bluing is ok, but if its excessive the mushrooms where beat up before drying.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (07/05/04 11:53 AM)

Invisiblemoeshroom
golden student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #2861166 - 07/06/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I skimmed this thread and i didnt see anyone mention closed vs. open caps. i dont grow my own shrooms, but i have been getting my stash from a large (100 lbs. +) commercial op. the dude does one large grow after another, and the quality get's better each time. the batches have gone from 50-50 closed to bout 9/10 closed caps. not only have i noticed the potency is up a lot, but the shrooms travel much better when the caps are closed, 'cause the stems stay attached and therefore there is much less shake in the bag. So i'd agree a cube is a cube, but a closed-cap cube is better.

Offlineshroomstix
Stranger
    #2861211 - 07/06/04 10:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

DONT EAT THE GOO DUDE ...... THEY PROBABLY DRIED THEM INSIDE THE PLASTIC BAG (BAD IDEA)...THEY'RE NEVER GOOD LIKE THAT YOU WILL GET SICK

Offlinesplifftoter
High Class

Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: shroomstix]
    #2861259 - 07/06/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I wasnt about to the kid my friends got them from is a good for nothing scammer fuck up, which is exatly why i asked this question, most of the ppl i know in the drug culture are dishonest good for nothing fuck ups.
Thanks for all the help you guys have given me, hopefully ill be able to find some mushrooms at the up coming Dead show ill be at.

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    #2861502 - 07/06/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I find when people complain about "bad" shrooms or ones that don't work as well as the last ones it's all about how they were dried. Sadly lots of typical drug dealers don't really know how to dry their mushrooms properly, a friend of mine showed me a bag and these things wouldn't even crack, I could bend them all over the place.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: moeshroom]
    #2861542 - 07/06/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The only real difference in potency you may notice is between cubie's and the azure's, besides that don't worry about the strain. And probably 90% of street shrooms are cubies anyway, so hawian, b+, F+, its all the same. And about closed vs. open caps...I THINK that you generally want to pick them just as the veil breaks because psilocybin production slows down considerably after the cap opens. So basically if you eat a shroom with a big wide open cap you are just having to eat more mushroom material to get the same effect as that mushroom would have had with the veil just tearing.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2864130 - 07/07/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

nobody has offered one bit of evidence that that is true, just internet rumor that never died imo :stoned:

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2864875 - 07/07/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Offlinesplifftoter
High Class

Re: What to look for when buying shroomies? [Re: diablovt1125]
    #2865040 - 07/07/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So 9/10 times im going to get cubes? So i should just look for nicely dried mushrooms with golden caps?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,801 topic views. 2 members, 26 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.