Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Absolutely Cannot Beat Green -- Can it perm. contam a house? [Re: LucidDayDream]
    #2922258 - 07/23/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.gardensalive.com/item_display.asp?ProductNumber=8635&PROG_NBR=5

I found this product and ordered it to give it a try. Haven't received it yet, but it looks promising. It's a non-toxic bacterium that prevents fungal spores from germinating. It seems that you could put it in your mister and spray your casing daily with it. Any airborne trich spores that land on your casing shouldn't be able to germinate. I'll keep everyone posted of results. It would be nice if someone else who's desperate for a solution would order it also and give it a try. Wouldn't it be nice if this stuff actually works?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Absolutely Cannot Beat Green -- Can it perm. contam a house? [Re: LucidDayDream]
    #2923239 - 07/24/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LucidDayDream said:
I know I know, this has been talked about before, but I wanted to post my ex girlfriends specific scenario. She has grown with High Mountain Compost innoced with Rye in bins and has had huge success, with each bin about 10 lbs of compst and innoculated with about 8 quarts of rye, each filled with nice white colonized mycel. She has let these bins fruit (uncased) and lazily left them without cleaning em and they have gotten green after they have given off their massive amounts of product. However, now whenever she tries, she cannot beat the green. Shes tried bins and even going smaller time with alum. trays, but the green keeps coming back. The compost always colonizes quickly and looks very healthy. However, msot of the time she pulls off the high points of compost that are not yet colonized to speed up the process. This has worked in the past but now she cannot ever make a single tin/bin make it. Although the bins are always colonized, the areas that are a bit more lightly colonized ( where you can see rhizos wrapped thickly arount compost) are ALWAYS prone to the green. She has an eye for it and can see the little white dots and then, days later green. I think she is perhaps birthing her bins/tins too early and maybe shoudl wait until 110% colonized, yet this has never been a problem in the past. Coudl it be, perhaps, due to the fact that the rubbermaids once were loaded with green mold (after multiple fruitigns and her lazyness to throw them out)? Could green mold spores harbor in the microscopic pores of the plastic? Or is her house most likely just too damn dirty now since she has had numerous bins that she has not cleaned in time? The strange thing is that the last time she was growing with the bins she had them in an isolated room, no carpeting, a small tight little closet with nothing for any spores to cling on. SHe had the place sprayed down THOROUGHLY and also had a hepa on, 24 hours a day. What coudl be the deal? Will she ever be able to grow again? Thanks so much adn sorry its sort of a duplicate post, I just wanted to explain her specific situation

They will most certainly continue to harbor contams. the one thing ya need to understand is plastic is soft and microscopic scratches will harbor contams which are almost impossible to ever get clean again. My suggestion would be to get new bins and line them with a decent mil.plastic garbage bags then when done flushing throw them (bags) out. This will protect your bins from scratches and make cleanup much easier :wink: GL

Edited by dcyans (07/25/04 11:29 AM)

OfflineSexySmurff
HyperQube
Male User Gallery

Loc: HyperSpace
    #2927903 - 07/26/04 04:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i had to do that too. Guess where the flies were coming from. Well i had attached a tarp to the floor and wall to create a grow room. Well water had collected under the tarp which started a green mold colony which also became a breeding ground for the flies. AARGGGGH!

--------------------
Exalted is He from what they utter. Exalted is He from what they imagine. Exalted is He that exists without a place. Exalted is He that was there forever without a time or a beginning. Exalted is He that will be there forever without a time or an end. Exalted is He that will forever be praised. That is your God.

InvisibleHOTTOTTIE
Doug
 User Gallery

Re: Absolutely Cannot Beat Green -- Can it perm. contam a house? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #27672254 - 02/24/22 08:22 PM (2 years, 23 days ago)

Old thread but any update on this RR?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract