Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinel0st
"Meds"
    #2845931 - 07/01/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://content.health.msn.com/conte...le/84/98068.htm

i've been through a paxil psychosis and it is fucking scary, the doctor didn't even warn me of this possible occurance, as long as i paid for the pills he couldn't give a shit..

how someone can say someone has a "chemical imbalance" is beyond me. is there a test for such a thing? do doctors go inside your brain and run tests to determine if u actually need to put chemicals into yourself to feel normal? what is normal , anyway?

anti-depressants are a placebo to tide you over until its time to take the next dose, nothing in reality is changing, you still have the same shitty life and feelings, they are just hidden behind a cloud of chemical complacency.

if you're depressed it isn;t because you have something wrong with you, you don't have some kooky illness that makes u different from most people. you're just beginning to see the realities of the world and your life and you don't like what u've found. depression is your bodies way of saying I NEED A CHANGE and your brains way of saying DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

ignorance isn't bliss, because you have to face it soon or later... this isn't Eden and life is not everlasting, a lot of shit happens that shouldn't , especially to good people and everyone gets depressed at one point or another, its how u deal with it that will determine how happy u become in life.

when you're sitting around moping and crying about how much life sucks u can't expect someone or something to come along and make u happy. u have to make changes to your life and lifestyle that will make you a healthier person. work out, eat better, analyze your thoughts and past experiences, meditate, get up earlier, cut back on drugs and alcohol, seek enlightenment, read , create , build up something you will be proud of, dont just watch shit pass you by. being happy isn't easy, u can't expect to just pop a pill and everything will go away because it will always be there , u cant hide from your feelings forever.

so go ahead and take ur latest fad drug, lay back on the couch and watch tv and movies, brainwash yourself into becoming another "happy" consumer. everythings fine just the way it is... right..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: "Meds" [Re: l0st]
    #2846065 - 07/01/04 02:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

so go ahead and take ur latest fad drug, lay back on the couch and watch tv and movies, brainwash yourself into becoming another "happy" consumer. everythings fine just the way it is... right..

yup! :jammingout: :popcorn:

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2847425 - 07/01/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

l0st said:

i've been through a paxil psychosis and it is fucking scary, the doctor didn't even warn me of this possible occurance, as long as i paid for the pills he couldn't give a shit..

Perhaps paxil psychosis is extremely rare. Perhaps it's so rare that the doctor felt it wasn't necessary to warn the patient because the warning was more likely to cause harm than the patient was to develop psychosis. If that was the case, then the doctor did "give a shit."

Quote:

how someone can say someone has a "chemical imbalance" is beyond me.

Well, it's really simple. We're pretty sure that conscious activity and behaviour originate due to activity in the CNS. When someone displays behavioural or emotional trends that are highly abnormal, then it can reasonably be inferred that these problems are the result of a chemical problem in the brain. It has not been proven, but some feel that this conclusion has such a high probability of being correct that it is the explanation they use.

Quote:

is there a test for such a thing?

There are no physical tests that diagnose the vast majority of mental disorders.

Quote:

do doctors go inside your brain and run tests to determine if u actually need to put chemicals into yourself to feel normal?

No, it is an inferrence. It is not proven. Admittedly, there is evidence lacking, but the reasoning is sound.

Quote:

what is normal , anyway?

Don't play ignorant. "Normal" simply describes the central trend of the population. "Abnormal" simply describes means that some phenomenon is far enough away from the central tend and has alow enough probability of occuring.

Quote:

anti-depressants are a placebo to tide you over until its time to take the next dose, nothing in reality is changing, you still have the same shitty life and feelings, they are just hidden behind a cloud of chemical complacency.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim? I certainly have evidence to the contrary.

Quote:

if you're depressed it isn;t because you have something wrong with you, you don't have some kooky illness that makes u different from most people. you're just beginning to see the realities of the world and your life and you don't like what u've found.

That's an arbitrary definition. I could assert that the depression is an abnormal reaction to seeing the realities of life and what's wrong with it. So, by the arbitrary definition I just used "depression" can be seen as the abnormal reaction of a wuss who can't handle reality.

Quote:

depression is your bodies way of saying I NEED A CHANGE and your brains way of saying DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

IF YOU SAY IT IN CAPS IT MUST BE TRUE.

Quote:

ignorance isn't bliss, because you have to face it soon or later... this isn't Eden and life is not everlasting, a lot of shit happens that shouldn't

Then why doesn't everyone accept that? If they didn't then nobody would be depressed right?

Quote:

everyone gets depressed at one point or another, its how u deal with it that will determine how happy u become in life.

And if I decide that medication is the most appropriate way to deal with it?

Quote:

Your rhetoric is really just an attempt to persuade people that you are correct even though you have no evidence to support your arguments.

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: "Meds" [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2847514 - 07/01/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

owned.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleApril
the tiniestspark

Loc: Maryland
    #2847587 - 07/01/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No such thing as chemical imbalance? HAH! It's true that not everybody who has been prescribed meds has had one, some people just need therapy, soul searching, different circumstances... But really, there is such a thing as chemical imbalance.

On another note, Paxil made me so sick one time... I couldn't even talk, my words were slurred terribly. I was vomitting for a week. I had a hard time putting thoughts together. What a nasty drug it is.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: "Meds" [Re: April]
    #2847998 - 07/01/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

April said:
No such thing as chemical imbalance?  HAH!  It's true that not everybody who has been prescribed meds has had one, some people just need therapy, soul searching, different circumstances...  But really, there is such a thing as chemical imbalance.

On another note, Paxil made me so sick one time...  I couldn't even talk, my words were slurred terribly.  I was vomitting for a week.  I had a hard time putting thoughts together.  What a nasty drug it is.

I don't remember a year of my life because of Paxil.  It made me so sleepy that I fell asleep everywhere!  :tongue:  Mmmm...sleep...

I've been on alot of meds.  What made me get off of them, is that not only were they not stopping the obsessive self-destructive thoughts I was having, but I soon decided that the side effects were not worth it. 

So I've been off prescripton meds for a few years now.  Nowadays, my "medication" consists of exercising every day, a positive attitude, vitamans + St. Johns Wort, and a shroom trip every now and then.  This routine has worked *wonders* for me, but I know that there are some people who aren't able to get off that easily.  My heart goes out to those people.  :heart:

I will say that I think that depression has been very over-diagnosed, but that is an entire other ballgame...

truly,

*me*

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2849056 - 07/01/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ask your dr for Effexor

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinedextroamphet
HIGH PREIST
    #2850167 - 07/02/04 03:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

life is strange and alot of people don't understand that having probs and being on meds mess with your life,but hold tight alright!
try to change a daily routine or get a hobby that you enjoy,learn to learn to play guitar or bass or whatever also read some books,go out when the sun is out,depression sucks,especialy when your shrink and friends and parents really dont understand cause you cant explain what it feels like...
try adderall,it might give ya the push ya need,its a bad drug,the only side effect i have is that im addicted to it,but it got me to do things i never did and gave me a push,I know what its like to sleep for 23 or more hours aday and cut myself off from social contact "and i still want to know why,the docs never givin me a answer"......
try to ween off the anti-depressents,me ive been off anti-depressents for over a year except for adderall "CNS" and now provigil which is a drug to keep me goin abit more,auctually sit down with someone and really tell them what it's like to be you,theres nothing to be ashamed about,especially about YOUR LIFE!,also if ya get a chance go to a "NOT A HOSPITAL!" but rehab/mental "hate to say mental.but cant think of the word",cause those places are pretty cool,and ya meet people just like you who have the same things goin on....
keep cool,
keep your head up,
and don't give up!!!!

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2854703 - 07/03/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, anti-depressents are complete bullshit and completely unneeded in 9.5 out of 10 cases.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: "Meds" [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2854965 - 07/03/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Why?

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: "Meds" [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2854969 - 07/03/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Cause prolly 75% of kids in highschool are prescribed them. I believe depression is a part of life, and you should learn to deal with it and get past it.....not pop a pill.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: "Meds" [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2855024 - 07/03/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I believe that since by definition depression is an abnormal state that we have defined depression differently. Your argument does not apply to how I define depression. Certainly if 90% of cases of "depression" are false positives, then anti-depressants will be unnecessary at least 90% of the time. Would you agree that perhaps with a seriously abnormal state of being depressed that perhaps anti-depressants could be life saving?

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #2860613 - 07/06/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2861271 - 07/06/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This is what I know, speaking as a person with depression. If I don't take my anti-depressants then I get very suicidal and try to kill myself eventually. At least that is how it was for about 3 years. I haven't taken my pills for about 25 days and I feel fine now, no suicidal thoughts/suicide attempts at all. It is a serious condition, not some bullshit that people make up.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order