Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinexbluntmanxfor20x
Stranger
watering and lighting
    #2847116 - 07/01/04 01:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

how much light should i give when they're fruiting and just finished colonizing and put into casing already? the same ?'s for watering? this is my fist time and i have three small casings one real little one has ten pins which i hear is a lot for about 7 or 8 tablespoons of spawn by its self but i hve a bigger one with cocoa core on top what should i do wih that? anything helpful would be greatly appreciated.
thanks. :confused: :evil: :mushroom2: :crazy2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: watering and lighting [Re: xbluntmanxfor20x]
    #2847137 - 07/01/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

12/12 light cycle. Turn it off or on when you go to bed. Mushrooms don't need light to grow per say, they just need to find a direction to grow. Make sure light isn't penetrating the casing conatainers and that the light is directly on top. fan regularly and mist lightly when the surface looks dry, but try not to mist directly on the pins you might cause them to abort. Your best bet for watering is after the first flush. Ideally you would want to have sufficient water in the casing before pins start to grow, misting only lightly every other day or so.

That rhymes marge, and you know it rhymes.

peace

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: watering and lighting [Re: soochi]
    #2847201 - 07/01/04 01:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i've heard that 12/12 is overkill

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: watering and lighting [Re: TODAY]
    #2852667 - 07/02/04 11:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I just leave them out in my room in a clear container so tehy get light whenever. You can mist the micro casings directly i never had any aborts with my micro casings and id spray right inot the continers and fill it up then allow it to dunk for a 2-6 hours having 2-3 dasy between each dunk while in fruiting. I think dunking of the normal 12-24 hours as you would after a harvest would drown the mycellium if its fruiting, experiment, see what works best. You can also leave a thin pool of water at the bottom and the mycelluim can hanld it and teh shrooms use that as a reserve.

Edited by Gr0wer (07/02/04 11:53 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, Prisoner#1, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, EvilMushroom666, cronicr, PussyFart
429 topic views. 22 members, 89 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.