Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
psilocybe coprophila
    #2846577 - 07/01/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i have a field guide that says "p. coprophila is widely distributed in north america", is it safe to assume that this mushroom would appear in the north-east?

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

Loc: ya moms trailer park
Re: psilocybe coprophila [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2846610 - 07/01/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, ive been hunting mushrooms for 5 years in the north east, and yes i find this a lot. I've found it a few times on horse and cow manure. This was the first actual psilocybe i had found in dung. They really take some pretty spore prints. I have heard that it was reported once as slightly active but i have never eaten the ones ive picked. It is pretty much inactive, i notice no blue reaction on it at all.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: psilocybe coprophila [Re: array]
    #2846624 - 07/01/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

any chance this might get confused with subbs?

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlinearray
diehard confederate
Female User Gallery

Loc: ya moms trailer park
    #2846636 - 07/01/04 08:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well they have different spore colors. You may find them growing along side eachother as i have but that's kinda rare (or at least it is in the north east). Subbalteatus spores are black and the cap colors are different. I'd say p. coprophila gills are more spaced also and the overall color of the gills are dark brown in mature specimens. The spores are a nice dark purple brown color, which kind of looks black when viewed indoors. I think its best to tell under sunlight.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2847641 - 07/01/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They are incative to be sure so they are not worth eating- and I have found these several times in SC in cow shit thinking- what the fuck...? I've found some sort of brown and I've found some colored like a dirty cherry color and they will not bruise because they are inactive. I'm not exactly sure why they are listed in several otherwise credible guides as mildly active but this is the reality of misinformation. Happy mushroom hunting and yes you'll find them- no chance in hell someone who knows enough about mushrooms to be in a field rightly should cofuse thes with subbs. They are beautiful mushrooms I think though.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags