Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMisfitsRuled

Tell me how my FIRST cake ever is doing... =P
    #2844693 - 06/30/04 08:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well guys I finally got one cake to work lol!!  Just gonna get one cake to work first then I think I will be ready to step it up a notch.  I birthed this cake about 4 days... ago I think into the ghetto ass poor-mans terrarium.  Its small and stealth and I only got one good cake that fully colonized so I figured that poor-mans was the way to go!  OK onto the pics.....

This is perhaps the best pic i could get from my camera.  I had to futz around with the flash and ended up turning the damn thing off and getting a lamp involved... Can you see the pin???  :grin:

Another shot of the setup from the side... tryed to give you the angle so you can see how the growth is on top\sides...(if that makes any sence lol)

Yet another shot from the top... Can anyone tell me if all them lil things that are brownish in color are pins also?? there are many spikes and bumps around the edge of the cake near the top and bottom mostly but im not to sure if they are all pins or just myc growth or something.

This last one is just a shot of what my poor-mans terrarium looks like... just cut some notches on the top so it slides on with some small gaps around it... seems to be holding the humidity good enuff... since there are water droplets around the cap and around the bottom.

When I birthed the cake I cut a chunk of paper towel in a circle and got it good and damp with water and set it down first and just plopped the cake down on that and that seems to be working for humidity.  I fan it once in the morning b4 school (summer classes suxxor) and once or twice as I get home.  I keep it under a small end table in my room kinda hidden from view in the dark basically but i take it out and set it in the window light for a couple hours a day.

Comments\Advice\Critisizm\anything else is needed!!  :rasta:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecaimen
the unknown
Loc: HERE
Re: Tell me how my FIRST cake ever is doing... =P [Re: MisfitsRuled]
    #2844734 - 06/30/04 08:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

some photo tips.
this is some thing i know about!

Turn off your flash!

Fill the room with light (light subject evenly)

if you are going to use a spot lamp. hold it above your right shoulder

take high pixel photos and blow up the parts you need to be seen.
photoshop 7 works great !

--------------------
MAN Made Speed
GOD Made Weed
<Who do YOU TRUST ? >

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25954

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

#2844875 - 06/30/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cake looks good. I'd up the humidity, put it in a bigger chamber with some damp perlite on the bottom. You need lots of humidity for the cakes, or the flush will be small.
good luck

OfflineMisfitsRuled

Re: Tell me how my FIRST cake ever is doing... =P [Re: slammin007]
    #2845003 - 06/30/04 10:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the tips on photo's, i WILL implement them in a couple days when I update the cakes progression. 

I cannot however increase the size of the chamber... It is my understanding that because the chamber is so small the moisture in the cake and wet paper towel will keep the humidity up... I think ill pour a bit of water down the side to re-saturate the towel and see what happens...

Thanks for the replies guys!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

P.S.  Is it just me or when you guys got your first pins EVER didnt you have a small feeling of.... euforia?? or however its spelled??  Like you see the pin and thats how you KNOW you WILL have a mushroom!!! and best of all you made it YOURSELF!!!  I cant wait to eat em up hehehehe.  Cant imagine what its like to smoke your own ganja  :rolleyes: :crazy2: :rasta:

Offlinehydr0420
Psycopahtic Ryda

Folding@home Statistics
    #2846879 - 07/01/04 12:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

YES!
I just got my first pins earlier this week. AWESOME FEELING. I have 8 pf cakes in a PMP, 3 days later I have 100+ pins, some of the cakes have little pin skirts with 30+ on them. But I am right there with you man, this is my first grow, and it does feel GREAT.
Good luck on yours, hopefully you can move to something a little bigger soon, and get more yeild for yourself.
-dr0

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation