Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
the sum of all personal truths is the truth
    #2843510 - 06/30/04 02:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was toying around with this idea that our experience in and of itself is what truth "is" If that's what we want to label it anyway. each of us has a slightly different ego (that which we use to define experience), but we all have the same awareness (the actual experience intake). when we are talking about ideas such as "the way to live," "the way to be happy," "the meaning of life," etc., how can one person really say one person is right and the other is wrong? with questions at this high of level, the answers that will come from people is based on their experience. We all experience different scenarios, and so our view on truth will be jsut that bit different.

what you experience is your truth, but what about "the" truth? How about the total of everyone's truth combined is "the" truth? especially since these ideas are subjective anyway why wouldn't everyone's view valid?

Thinking about it now, fireworks_god made a post long ago about the "circle of ideas" that realated to what I am thinking right now, I'll try to dig that up.

so what do you guys think about this? this could bew a factor in why humans will never know the actual truth, because we are only experience our own subjective truth.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: the sum of all personal truths is the truth [Re: kaiowas]
    #2843540 - 06/30/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2843792 - 06/30/04 03:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

For all intents and purposes there is no "the truth". There is no way to measure truth in an objective fashion so it is entirely dependant on the perciever if a truth is relevant. Scientific truth is more verifiable in practical terms, but also subject to the filters of perception. Though, any truth that has practical value to the individual is "truth". "the way to live," "the way to be happy," "the meaning of life" these concepts can be argued over all day, as I have done myself, but it is merely subjective.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2843883 - 06/30/04 04:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not entirely sure if this is the sort of response your looking for..but I think an individuals "truth" (or whatever one wishes to call it..) is somehow linked and revolves around the concept of love. I mean, what drives most people to do the things they do? What drives people to seek the knowledge they wish to understand and come to terms with?

I think in time it's possible that we are going to discover that "the truth, the whole truth..and nothing but the truth" is alot more elementary..much less complicated than some people seem to be expecting and/or making it out to be.

SiMPlifY!

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: the sum of all personal truths is the truth [Re: ekomstop]
    #2843891 - 06/30/04 04:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Now that I think this over a little..many people seem to form their "truths" and beliefs not only from love..but off of fear. hmmmm...

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #2846279 - 07/01/04 07:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"Its all true, everything...it just isnt the whole truth" - Dave M.
Pretty cool quote huh? oh btw Dave M. is me :wink:

Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2846728 - 07/01/04 11:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

all personal truths is the truth of your collective unconsious - your self.
yes - undeniably there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology