Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Pastuerization, outdoor grow, credible answers needed
    #2842863 - 06/30/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ok, just a couple of questions....
1. Is leeched poo water good for watering plants, or is it the pastuerized water that is benificial? or are they both good?
Seeing as there is cow urine in the leeched water, my guess is not to use it....but am i wrong?
also, when I went to dig my hole in the ground, there was white myc growing all under and on the mulch that is going to be my planting spot. I pushed all the mulch away and continued to dig the hole. The myc was just in the layer of the mulch, not in the dirt.
2. Should I pick a different spot to dig, or is this myc not going to pose a problem to my outdoor patch. if its allright to plant there.. 3. should I get rid of this foriegn myc that sorrounds the patch?
4. after pastuerizing poo and letting it drain over night, i realized that i have more poo than i really need at the moment. what is the best way to store the pastuerized poo with the least chance of contams? in other words, what type of container should i use?
Help will be greatly appreciated...thanks!
-J

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Pastuerization, outdoor grow, credible answers needed [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #2842889 - 06/30/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

1. Both should be fine for watering plants

2. I believe it really depends on what species of mycelium it is, but I would think it would pose no threat to your manure since it is growing on wood.

3. Not necessarily, I would just not cover it with colonized mulch.

4. You should dry it out and store it in a breathable container. Do not seal it in a plastic bag.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Re: Pastuerization, outdoor grow, credible answers needed [Re: ATWAR]
    #2843127 - 06/30/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you ATWAR! I was kind of worried about that foriegn myc, because I didnt really have any other good spots in my yard for the patch to go. thanks again.

so whats better, leeched poo water or pastuerized poo water?
-J

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#2843150 - 06/30/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would think that after pasteurizing it, there would be more available nutrients in the water for the plants to use. Although in either GGMM or TMC Stamets says that when substrates are soaked in cold water you get a fertilizer, and a hot water soaking leaves you with a potent herbicide (I believe this is dealing with straw, not manure)...

I also remember reading in one of the books that the water used for pasteurizing straw should be carefully discarded because it is a potent herbicide. I have been putting that claim to test for a few months on a patch of grass in our walkway. So far it has had no effect on the grass, it is growing fine...

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

#2843277 - 06/30/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm...interesting. I guess I will wait and see what happens to my plants.

Quote:

ATWAR said:
Although in either GGMM or TMC Stamets says that.....

are these books, or are they online?
Thanks

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#2843451 - 06/30/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Those are books. The Mushroom Cultivator, and Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms. Not online, but you can order them from the Shroomery bookstore. I recommend you do so if you want to both learn more about mushroom cultivation and support the Shroomery...

I think your plants will be fine. In addition to dumping straw water on those weeds in our walkway, I have used heavily limed straw water as well with a very high PH. They continue to thrive as normal...
Natural herbicide my arse...

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

#2843627 - 06/30/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

lol
cool. As soon as I get some funds, i will be getting those books.
Take it easy
-J

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals