Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewtfman
Closed caps vs open caps...
    #2842749 - 06/30/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've always heard that with cubes closed caps(veil just about to break) are more potent than caps that have fully opened up. Is this true or just an old hippy tale? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Closed caps vs open caps... [Re: wtfman]
    #2843614 - 06/30/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think that this more obviously deals with the (correctly stated) issue of mature mushrooms versus young mushrooms. It would be my guess, and I believe that there is some evidence to suggest the correct nature of this statement, that immature mushrooms are more potent because they are not as damaged by heat or other destructive/invasive principles and they hold less water weight (for the most part) and are more potent per (whatever increment of weight you use). Maybe I am wrong (and maybe Heineken is not the preferred drink of insight-giving forum users), but I thihnk that there is sense in this argumet though it is almost completely irrelivant ulses you are an epicurian shroom muncher who actually picks through their mushies for only the most potent ones. But to answer your question- I vote- (and this is with some experience in addition to this already mentioned careful theory), that immature cubes-so called "immature" due to their unbroken veil and smaller, conical appearance-are more potent than big, fat cubes per unit of weight. I'm going for more Heineken while you struggle to make sense of this. Then again- to consider this fully you must know I am one of many old hippies with tails.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlinewtfman
Thanks for the reply [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2843621 - 06/30/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That definitely makes sense. Sorry for not making my question more clear. Thanks again you old hippy :grin:

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Thanks for the reply [Re: wtfman]
    #2843631 - 06/30/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Shiiiiiit- that's just quite alright with a thank you and everything- you keep on being wtfman and pick me one or two and we'll call it square. :wink:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlinewtfman
After last night's haul I've got about 2 pounds [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2843657 - 06/30/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

of fresh cubes that haven't broken the veil yet. You're welcome to as many as you can hold in both hands!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag