Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, Phish, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
How do shrooms compare to mescaline?
    #2841825 - 06/30/04 01:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've shroomed once, but it was less than a half eighth and didn't really trip. My only 'real' trip has been on about 33 grams of Peruvian Torch cactus which was, in terms of the shroomery system an upper level 3 trip.
If anyone has experience with both could you compare them, or at least give me an idea of what to expect from a shroom trip.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: How do shrooms compare to mescaline? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2843855 - 06/30/04 04:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ive only had a mild mescaline experience.  I could not consume any more of it or i would be sick :frown:.

From what i expierenced it was more mild mentally and seamed like a more easy going expierence.  I didnt get any visual things besides a few minor color enhancements, just a real fine happy body buzz.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: How do shrooms compare to mescaline? [Re: baraka]
    #2844020 - 06/30/04 05:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

with my experiences with mescaline, its alot "nicer" than shrooms....you dont get as much of a mind fuck. visuals are usually mild, if that, sometimes i get none at all....but the body buzz is quite soothing, and your mind seems to be more or less calm... its more of a "sober trip", if that makes any sence :grin:.

shrooms on the other hand, blow my mind...many many different trains of thought at once, and right around peak they seem to all derail at once in the center of my brain. visuals are strong and pronounced, sometimes overwhelming...when im done with a shroom trip i feel like my mind has just been put in a blender...

both are fun, and both have there time and place when it comes to tripping, for me anyway...sometimes i feel like a mind fuck, sometimes i dont :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Edited by wrestler_az (06/30/04 05:17 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2844204 - 06/30/04 06:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

mescaline in my experience is indeed much milder than shrooms...

mescaline seems to provoke the "mystery" in everything around me, whereas psilocybin you really go on an adventure every time, if you set out do be in a pleasant mood.

its hard to keep your cool on psilos, and mescaline i could have had conversations with people who didnt know me and passed as sober.

the nitty gritty:

mushrooms: INTENSE, prepare to witness god or the universe.
cactus: STRANGE, focuses on the mystery of your environment

IMHO.

peace
Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2844318 - 06/30/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My mescaline trip seemed pretty intense to me at the time. For about 3 or 4 hours everywhere I looked my vision was covered with visuals that would not go away. They weren't very outlandish, all looked pretty plausible, but it was like everything was animated, and really fast. Near the peak it seemed like time was sort of skipping a beat, like one minute someone would be by the door and then all of a sudden on the couch. Faces were blurring, like the skin was liquid, but eyebrows and mouth were superimposed over it. My own skin felt like it was offset by a few feet and moving like liquid.
I would definately say that I had no problem at all communicating with anyone or making sense if I wanted to. Perhaps I was acting pretty goofy, but it was more like being drunk than high. My mind could keep up with me.
I didn't have a super spiritual experience, but I think that was becase a) I was so overwhelmed by all the crazy visuals and b) I didn't let myself ponder anything too hard because it felt so intense. I tried to avoid being to conscious because I felt like i would see the limitations of my mind and consciousness and feel trapped. When reality started to get really crazy I felt alone, like I was very far away from everything, and that I was all that I saw or experienced. I tried not to think about that. In hindsight I think that was sort of a mistaking the limits of consciousness for oneness. I thought I was all, but really I am just a PART of everything.
Around the peak I got pretty nervous and my heart was beating fast. Out of safety sake I took a Xanax, but I probobly didn't need to.

I'm not really sure, but I probobly spent a couple hours curled up on the couch hugging a pillow like a little kid. I know that I almost had to turn off Phish: Billy Breathes because it was too much. That is a pretty mellow CD.

The freind I tripped with said that was probobly the equivalent to 3-3.5 grams of shrooms, and if I could handle that I could handle and eighth. Then again, he didn't finish all of his cactus juice.

If shrooms are actually more intense and harder to handle I think I will have to start easy on them. Maybe, my mesc experience seemed intense because I created the intensity by resisting. If so I should be careful with shrooms. Still, they sound very cool. Plus, a trip less than 9 hours would be nice.

Edited by Divided_Sky (06/30/04 09:15 PM)

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2844364 - 06/30/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Depends on amount, you can have a mind blowing experience on either of them. 500mgs of mescaline will blow your mind and can be very intense.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: How do shrooms compare to mescaline? [Re: hawk]
    #2846417 - 07/01/04 09:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

anyone recommend taking both mescaline and shrooms?
if so, should mescaline be ingested before the shrooms?

--------------------

OfflineSillyWilly
Re: How do shrooms compare to mescaline? [Re: exclusive58]
    #2846544 - 07/01/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Id atlset break through with shrooms before attempting any type of poly-drug use..expecially psychadelics. mixing different psychadelics can resualt in a really intense uncomfortable experience so I suggest just stick with one at a time until you become experienced. If you do try this combp....I recomend taking less than half a dose of mescaline and shrooms and then go from there.

Offlinea3lxg
Tai-Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Miami Flag
Re: How do shrooms compare to mescaline? [Re: exclusive58]
    #23118459 - 04/14/16 10:18 PM (7 months, 21 days ago)

Mixing is fine, wait for Mesc peak start then take lower dose of mushrooms. I like Half a foot pedro to 2.5g mushrooms.

InvisibleIveBeenRecycled
I like pie.
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under the mango tree.
Re: How do shrooms compare to mescaline? [Re: a3lxg]
    #23118589 - 04/14/16 10:38 PM (7 months, 21 days ago)

This post is almost 12 years old bud! :lolsy:

--------------------
I feel good.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, Phish, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience