Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Tek For Spawn Bag ???
    #2840910 - 06/29/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What i would like to know and probally alot of other fellow members is how to make a spawn bag just like the vendors sell.I guess it could be grain based or even straw based but what about wood based for cubies...or even a dung bag?? Could we get a good TEK on how to make a substrate for the bags? When i bought one of those bags from the vendor i got some really nice sized fruits inside the bag but then i transfered it to my pod with more great results. :mushroom2:The big drawback to this method has been the cost of buying the bags from vendors....I would like to make my own..!! Not trying to put the vendors out but we make are own jars and they can be bought pre-made.The contamination and success rate with bags i think is far better then PF jars and great for newbies.Any and all insight would be very appreciated :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: How Do You Make The Ultimate Spawn Bag ??? [Re: ]
    #2840988 - 06/29/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I want to make it clear that im not trying to mess with any of the vendors sales.As with any part of this hobby im trying to simplify a method and make it more economical for the grower...not all of us have the resources to buy pre-made bags all the time. Also one question to add is if you can seal the bags before PC them if they have a filter patch built in?? I did find one post but no good replys cause i guess its easier to tell us to buy the pre-mades.. :eek:

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
    #2841023 - 06/29/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

While I can't tell you how or what we make our products I can tell you to follow some of the grain teks on this site. Then put that in a bag instead of a jar. In other words it is the same as making jars but with a bag as the container. Bags are a lot easier to mix up than a jar and will not hurt your hand from slaming the jar to mix it up. Sterilize per normal. I would not recommend making a PF style cake in a bag, grains or straw would be MUCH more effective.

We sell bags that are made just for sealing BEFORE cooking. They have a special high flow filter to reduce the risk of the bag bursting in a cooker. I would not try it with the standard bags as they are much more likely to burst during prossesing.

Good luck!

MycoBag

Anonymous

Re: How Do You Make The Ultimate Spawn Bag ??? *DELETED* [Re: MycoFactory]
    #2841058 - 06/29/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by arcos224

Anonymous

Re: How Do You Make The Ultimate Spawn Bag ??? *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #2841514 - 06/29/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by arcos224

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #2841526 - 06/29/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You don't get overlay from using jars.

Edited by TheHateCamel (06/29/04 09:52 PM)

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2841529 - 06/29/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

have you read of much success, where people tried to fruit from "grain-cakes"???? Also, as far as most people will tell you...cakes don't really overlay.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: How Do You Make The Ultimate Spawn Bag ??? [Re: mycoguy]
    #2903449 - 07/18/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

lol.... cake overlay.... wow, that's funny shit

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate