Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
my electric daisy carnival report
    #2836616 - 06/28/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ok, wow...ummm, where do i start? i cant possibly put EVERYTHING in this report, there was way too much stuff going on for me to try to put into words, so ill just leave you with the highlights...which in the end will still make this a long post... :smirk: i will also do my best to put everything in a some what cronoligical order...that to will be hard

first off i have never been to a rave prior to this experience and let me tell ya, id be surprized if i ever go to one that could top this one. 10,000+ people (many of them dressed to impress i might add), carnival rides, 6 different stages, mind blowing music, lighting, performers....the list goes on. the night before the event 40 hooked us up with an bitchin place to stay in ocean beach like a block away from the beach. once the whole crew arived (i arived a day earlyer than most of the shroomerites) the pad turned into our own little "warm-up party" complete with live DJ, dancing, lots of booze/pot, glowsticks, this list too goes on...

by this time im getting REALLY excited, slept a whole 10-30 minutes that night. it is starting to hit me by this point that any expectations i might have had were now out the window...when it got close to time to go i started getting itchy feet...we gotta go guys, we gotta go....still havent gotten my ticket, the thing starts in less than an hour...we get there with our caravan of 5 or 6 veicles and two of our crew are MIA...so its more waiting, more anticipation as we try to get ahold of them and see whats up...they ended up parking somewhere else and meeting up with us inside.

watching wave after wave of huge groups of people migrating their way into the madness while standing in line at the port-a-potty was a trip all in its own for me. we make it up to the line and im being patted down by mr security guard... he makes a comment about my pink floyd shirt im wearing...you really like pink floyd, or just like the shirt? i reply, yes, i do...and as excited as i was for this i mentioned something about this being my first time at something like this and he said "ok man, dont need the life story" so i grabbed my things and was on my way....

im still not on any drugs at this point, but i am already feeling high from the vibes of the place...we set up a meeting place, then scatter like ants...first thing i did was ride a ride called the oribiter...man, that thing pulls some serious G's...ninteynine got sick,and that was it for the rides for a while. getting off that thing was pretty weird too, walked around like i was a drunk man in an elevator for a few minutes...

i then made my way to one of the stages, dont really remember which one, i think it was drum and bass. after gettin into the music for a bit we decide to smoke a joint. soon after that, this little angel comes up to me, puts a pill in my hand and says have some fun :grin: this was one of 40's friends...prior to getting at the rave she also gave me my first piece of "kandi"...a little beaded bracelet of green, white and black...with the word balance...i really liked that.

soon after this i got lost from the group and just kinda wandered around meeting people and enjoying a few light shows when they offered to give me one. man, having those glowsticks waved around in your face is a rush, and i still havent started my roll yet!

some how i managed to bump into some of my group again, and made my way back to our meeting spot. by this time, i feel the effects of that little pill i took...and it was commin on strong. i have tryed extacy a few times in the past with little to no results, so i wasnt sure how this was gonna do me when she offered it to me.....but damn! this shit was amazing!

so we are just kinda sittin around, movin to the music and such, and im really startin to feel it. my whole body was buzzing and humming...i just kept repeating stuff like oh my god! this is amazing! the people around me were laughing and having a good time as well, and saw how much i was getting into this...40's friend, the one that gave me the pill, told me to come sit down in front of her. so i did, and she gave me a back massage...this was the first time during the night that i was speachless...i think the only words that came out of my mouth during this part of the night was something like, "you are a goddess"  :grin: she does not post on these boards, but if she ever gets around to reading this...thank you...again :smirk:

later on in the night i find myself sitting in one of the staged areas watching a performance art type thing about this dude who has to unlock the secrets to infinity. he is put through a series of tests by these alien go-go dancer chicks, starts dancing with this black donut looknig thing (im sure it was supposed to symbolize facing his fears or something similar)...this whole time hes inside of this white cacoon thing, trying to get out...he ended up jumping through the hole of the donut and breaking free...then the alien go-go dancers started to celebrate by dancing all crazy like to some crazy music....this thing went on forever, this dude also had his lover die, then ressurected...had a kid...the alien people did a cool lookin ritual with the baby....anyway, if any of that made sence to you, imagine watching it while rolling your ballz off for your first time and get back to me...this was the second time of the night that i was "floored" by the sensory overload...

the next highlight of the night came to me while i was trying to calm down a bit. it was hitting me so hard by this point that i was thinking it was almost too much. i mean, i LOVED every second of it, and i guess all in all i didnt really want to calm down, but thought i might give it a shot anyway. they had this little open aired hut with mellow trance music going and comfy pillows to lay on. im layin there, talkin my ass off to these complete strangers about how good a time i was having...the whole night i was getting this feeling like it was the people i was around that was pushing my high so far to the limit.

so im sittin there jammering away when i feel some hands on my shoulders....oh no!, not another back massage by a beutiful woman! what is this world coming to? :grin: half way through the back massage, some guy came up to me with some flashy blinky toys and started to wave them around in my face..."floored" once again.... :grin: once i swept myself up off of the floor i sat there and made an origami dove out of one of the flyers being handed out and gave it to annie...annie, your the best!

the whole night, i just kept feeling better and better, no signs of coming down. the thing was almost over and im thinkin how long is this stuff supposed to last?

watching/listening to Christopher Lawrence was the final highlight of the night. the music was so loud and so amazing, i felt it go right through me and into me. i felt like i was almost becoming the music. i have never really gotten itno this type of music before, and tonight it was kicking my ass...i kept listening to it and picking out each "layer" of music, and seeing how complex it really is...while he was playing his music, there were performers flying around from strips of fabric tied to the roof. hanging and spinning with the fabric wraped around their feet and such....there was one right above where we were standing, and i got sucked into the performance. i remember thinking how funny i must look jaw dropped staring at this beutiful woman in the sky, but couldnt and didnt want to do anything about it...."floored" once again...

i really enjoyed the extacy...the comeup was fast and strong, but at the same time i eased into it pretty good. the way it came on in waves at times was a little stressful on my brain, but amazing none-the-less...one thing that really stuck in my head the whole night was how this rave seemd alot like the tribal rituals i would see on discovery every now and then....just more modern. we have traded in our old beat up hand drums for high tech electronic equipment, and instead of twirling around sticks with fire, we got our glow sticks and blinky pacifiers..but im pretty sure the vibes were similar :grin:

so ya, in short i had fun. as soon as i got into the van to go home my high took a dive...i crashed and felt pretty shitty for the first part of the next day, but once i slept i felt all right, just a little overwhelmed and burnt out from all the fun i had during the weekend...but nothing is free these days, and i guess this is what the "balance" bracelet was talking about :smirk:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: my electric daisy carnival report [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2836651 - 06/28/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Great report man. Makes me wanna go to a rave so bad. I love techno and everything you mentioned there. Where was this rave at?

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: my electric daisy carnival report [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2837030 - 06/28/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it was at the NOS event center in san bernadino california

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2838495 - 06/29/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That was beautiful man.
im glad i could make this experience a life-long memory.
stay true bro.
see you in Sept for :mushroom2:nocturnal wonderland!:mushroom2: 30,000+ ppl!!

Peace.Love.Unity.Respect.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: my electric daisy carnival report [Re: 40oz]
    #2839688 - 06/29/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice report wrestler. This was my first rave also and I had the best weekend of my life. Being there with my shroomery family made it all the better. I had never seen so mush love and happiness in one place before. I kept thinking to myself that everyone deserves to experience the joy that I was feeling . I can't wait till september!

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2839753 - 06/29/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Haha, badass man. That sounds like a rave and a half, carnival rides.....thats insane! :stoned:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: my electric daisy carnival report [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2839804 - 06/29/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

NOCTURNAL WONDERLAND?! Where's that at? I must go!!! You're report got me goin.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#2839994 - 06/29/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#2841736 - 06/29/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

nice...you have to go, these things are incredible :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#2843633 - 06/30/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

while he was playing his music, there were performers flying around from strips of fabric tied to the roof.
hanging and spinning with the fabric wraped around their feet and such....there was one right
above where we were standing, and i got sucked into the performance.
i remember thinking how funny i must look jaw dropped staring at this beutiful woman in the sky,
but couldnt and didnt want to do anything about it...."floored" once again...

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#2843905 - 06/30/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yup, thats her :thumbup: or one of em anyway....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineIrijes
Dankwoman
 User Gallery

Loc: Happy Trails
    #2850008 - 07/02/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fuckin' A, yo! This bong rips for you.  :thumbup: I remember the open jaw "ahh" of yours. It was fuckin' awesome. This too was my first big rave. I had the best weekend and birthday of my life. Thanks so much to the shroomery family for the awesome weekend and the hole in my nose. I love you guys.   
:heart: :stoned: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Re: my electric daisy carnival report [Re: Irijes]
    #2851327 - 07/02/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the :heart: is full circle.
i cant wait to get my pix developed!!!

anything i should be aware of that happened
through the course of the night?

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineIrijes
Dankwoman
 User Gallery

Loc: Happy Trails
    #2851704 - 07/02/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yes, you should know I had an awesome time on the grass with you and my man. And that airplane rides from strangers while on mushies is great fun!

--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Re: my electric daisy carnival report [Re: Irijes]
    #2853064 - 07/03/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OH YEAH!!!!!!!
i remember that!!!
thats when you tried to pick up some random gurl for me
HAHAHAHHA :grin: :heart:

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order