Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!!
    #2837096 - 06/28/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Had a great long post to share, but forgot to enter a post title, and when I hit the back button the entire message was lost! Why this always FUCKING happens to me me and why the shroomery can't fix it is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've visit other boards and make the same mistakes sometimes, and when I hit the back button my post is still there, but not on this site. Noooo, gotta erase the whole godamned post. BS!!!!!

Anyways, heres some woodland Ps. weilii aka Ps. caerulipes(this is my personal opinion)

PS. found a couple thousands cubensis and the best damned endless field ever this past weekend, had some pointers to share on how to locate your own great field in central GA, but like I said, my post was lost and I'm not typing it all up again!! Pictures to come later this week.

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!! [Re: Lizard King]
    #2837104 - 06/28/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice weiliis man

Offlinelive_for
Loc: Alpharetta, GA
    #2837256 - 06/28/04 06:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome pictures. When I read your message, I took a few seconds and just kind of bowed my head and closed my eyes for you. I know just how it feels when you type up a long post and it gets deleted to the HTML gods. It is so frustrating.

Thanks for posting, LK. As a resident of the North-Atlanta area, I will say that your field work is much appreciated. Any and all tips for hunting Weilii are appreciated. I've read many of your old posts, but if you have any new advice, we're all ears!

Thanks again and Happy Rain ~~~

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2837411 - 06/28/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've recently found my first active. A small field had many patches of cubensis. I would have loved to have been given some pointers of yours!

Just curious, what happens when you pick to much?

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!! [Re: live_for]
    #2837418 - 06/28/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Please do excuse the poor attitude in the earlier post of mine. I just get really frustrated when I mess up, and this posting folly always seems to happen to some of what I feel are my betters posts.

Thanks for the kind words live_for. When I began my search for the once elusive Psilocybe weilii, I felt like I was basically pioneering the 'ways of the weilii' simply due to the lack of knowledge concerning this mushroom, and the lack of people who had actually found it and could share some general knowledge about this mushroom .

No book to date that I have seen published has had any useful information that one could apply in the field and actually find a weilii. You could spend years looking under sweetgums and pine needles and never find a single Ps. weilii. I was very frustrated with weilii for a good 2-3 years. I had only found two patches, and they were in the woods, when I tried to match habitat and find locate more patches, I never found one. This went on like I said for a couple years, and then slowly I began to crack weilii's code and figure it out. My woodland patches are very rare, and possibly "wild weilii", not something I have ever found looking for it, just happen to stumble apoun in the woods. What I did figure out was this mushroom may be at home in the woods, but it has no problem taking up residence in a freshly turned lignon rich lawn. No sir, it actually prefers lawns, the frequency and quanity of Ps. weilii in lawns vs. woods is tenfold easy. And now I can drive up in almost any neighborhood that I think is likely to hold weilii, and usually come out with mushrooms.But that tookalot of time and endless hours in the field, not to mention blood, sweat, and tears :smile:

I now realise that while I was going through all of that, trying to figure out Ps. weilii, and posting here to the shroomery the whole time, more people than I ever imagined were tuned in and taking notes. I am happy to have helped so many others and many more to come I'm sure, find and enjoy this wonderful mushroom native to my great home state of Georgia. I've met friends of friends in the past year here in GA who know of the "shroom that grows in peoples lawns", its crazy how far my information has spread, and at times I've questioned my posts concerning this mushroom for fear of its popular discovery, but I do feel that it was right to do, besides, the amopunt of weilii fruiting out there on peoples lwans, it was only a matter of time before they were found out.

Enough stoner ramble. I don't get to post here enough and when I do I ramble on. Thanks for reading. Bye fer now ya'll. Back in a week or so.

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (06/28/04 07:15 PM)

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #2837430 - 06/28/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I know how you feel man! cool pics!

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2837460 - 06/28/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the tips! I went out, just now in my front yard and pulled up something that looked somewhat like a weilli, but alas, after an initial boost of excitement, it was not.

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2837717 - 06/28/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Glad to see you back, stay awile, I like your posts  they are interesting. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2837758 - 06/28/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

great photos Lizard King. i hope oneday i shall sample the weilii, for i have heard good things.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2837763 - 06/28/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do not feel so bad about the back key button. Sometimes when I am typing fast i hit something on the lower left of the key board with something on the the right and I lose a whole page of text. I also have the back key problem too with pm messages.

My biggest is the friggin glasses I have to wear and looking up and then typing and getting typos. and I am usually too lazy to correct them except inthe the past yar I have been geting better with correcting my typos after first posting and then reading them.

mj

Good find.

And as usual, nice photos.

mj

InvisiblenuGGs
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2837776 - 06/28/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no doubt LK, your posts on the shroomery were definately the driving factor that got my ass out on those weilii escapades. thanks for keeping it real and spreading the love with hundreads of people that you dont even know.

and i'm outtie like 5000
-nuGGito

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2839941 - 06/29/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i have missed these pics lizard king. beautiful as always.

Nice find
Peace

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #2840146 - 06/29/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Would you be willing to share more of your opinion that Ps. Weilli = Ps. caerulipes?

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2840652 - 06/29/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

awsome dude! you did the right thing about 'letting the secret out'... even if in 10 years EVERYONE and their mom knows, at least the truth get's spread... NICE PICS!!!! totally

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!! [Re: YidakiMan]
    #2841512 - 06/29/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Regarding LK's opinion on
Quote:

Ps. Weilli = Ps. caerulipes

This is far from fact and/or truth. P. weilii is closely related to Psilocybe caerulescens, both macroscopically and microscopically and belongs to the stirps Caerulescensae. While P. caerulipes belongs to an entirely different family inthe genera Psilocybe.

Unfortunately I cannot show fact because my books are in Seattle and I am in southeast Asia.

ANd the Guzman book is temporarily off line as he is rewriting the Genus Psilocybe so it will be some time before the book appears ont he internet. The new one will be closer to $150.00 pr copy.

But photos of P. caerulipes are posted at my site in black and white as well as in color. The color images are from Cincinnati, Ohio, while the Weilii ange is Georgia to possiblibly Alabama, Louisiana. AS is the P. caerulescens which now has been id'ed form Mississippi as wel as Alabama where it was originally discovered.

Here is an image o f Psilocybe caerulipes after ome color change in drying

A page of LK's Weilii shrooms from shroomery ultimae guide

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species50b.htm

and a few images. I might mention that the P. carulipes are thinner straighter stalks and have no umbos or protruding nipples like the p. weilii's do.

and here are some P. weilii
from LK at my site

and an image of P. caerulipes, whse caps become wavy and upturned similar to P. cyanescens.

While many of the p. weilii stems are brownish, the caerulipes are always white to bluish when damaged by han handling.mj

About four years ago I did a beauthiful pictorial on Weilii, caerulescens at spiritplants which is now not on their site.

mj

OfflineLongshanx
Lazy Lightning

#2841632 - 06/29/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i live in central Georgia and i was wondering if i could have some advice about finding producing fields. I have had no luck at all with cubes and i have been to soo many fields. So, if you have any advice, please help.

oh yeah, nice pics. Me and my friend went weilii hunting the other day, no luck though.

--------------------
Just a guy in the world doin' the best I can

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2841713 - 06/29/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The thing is though, mj, that you can find weilii that look exactly like both of those pictures of caerulipes. I think I agree with LK that they could just both be varations of the same species. Weiliis can look sooo different from lawn to lawn.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!! [Re: Gumby]
    #2841780 - 06/29/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
The thing is though, mj, that you can find weilii that look exactly like both of those pictures of caerulipes.

Yea, I agree. I was kinda hoping to hear what he knew what microscopically seperates the species from each other; or doesn't.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!! [Re: YidakiMan]
    #2841849 - 06/29/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

a quick glance at PMOTW says that weilii have abundant pleurocystidia and slightly smaller spores.  P. caerulipes is said to lack pleurocystidia. 

although, the p. cyanescens here in the PNW also have pleurocystidia while those in europe generally lack them, yet they are considered to be the same species by most.  Who knows without crossing tests or phylogenetic analysis, not I :wink:.

Oh, nice weilii too LK :cool:

DH

Offlinepenguinfields
    #2913001 - 07/21/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

do weilii grow in south alabama?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate