Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
mushroom chocolates
    #2837503 - 06/28/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i'm unsure if this is the right forum for this question, so mods feel free to move this thread if neccesary.

lately, there has been an increase of mushroom chocolates in the area. i have never eaten them nor seen them. i have only used dried mushrooms. i know they sell them by the 1/8's. from what i understand, it's a hunk of chocolate with pieces of dried shrooms in them. my question is, is this just a way to rip people off? because an 1/8 is the reccomended dosage for a good trip....now that's fine if it's just mushrooms but i'm sure the chocolate element adds a lot of weight to the bag. someone could just make a chunk of chocolate with only a gram of mushrooms and sell it as an 1/8. ya know? what are your thoughts on this? like i said, i've never tried these, i've only used dried specimens of mushrooms....so i might not know what i'm talking about. but people are selling these the same as they would an 1/8 of straight mushrooms, is it just a tactic to increase the weight of a bag?

peace :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2837552 - 06/28/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It kinda is a way to rip people off -- it's a way to stretch the shrooms. Though I've heard a lot of people say that they've got chocolates that must've had a full eighth in them, from what I've read on these boards, something on the order to 1.5 - 2.5g seems more normal. But I've got sero actual experience, personally, buying shrooms on the black market.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Sev]
    #2837583 - 06/28/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ive eaten shroom chocolates once and they were a 1.5 grams of shroom a peice. Most of them ive seen are that way. although ive herd of ones with an eighth and ones with only 1 gram.

if you talk to people that have had them a lot then they will tell you to go with the dried ones if you can just because you will always know what you are getting.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Sev]
    #2837605 - 06/28/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that's what i thought. how could one sell an 1/8 of chocolates and insist that there is 3 and a 1/2 grams of mushrooms (the standard dosage) in them? when the weight is mostly chocolate. how is that worthwhile? man, people are stupid. do people actually buy these? i sure as hell will never fall for that crap....it's bad enough to buy an 1/8 of dried mushrooms for $20-30 anyhow...i mean, you could get 1 or 2 spore syringues for that price. thanks for the replies.

i'm finished bitching.
peace

Edited by Psilostylin (06/28/04 08:36 PM)

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2837607 - 06/28/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The ones my puppet sells are 2g in each one oz of semisweet choc. 10-20 bucks depending on demand. They are a pain to make and worth more than just the dried mushrooms to most people since alot of them are turned off by the taste of dried mushies and the taste of semisweet hides it completely. You may pay more for 2g in the chocolate but you are paying for the convenience of tasting nothing but chocolate to gain a nice little voyage.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2837624 - 06/28/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

personaly, i love the taste of mushrooms. i don't see why so many people would rather get ripped off than to taste mushrooms. what's so bad about it? really?

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2837640 - 06/28/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...part=1&vc=1

You've never heard someone say they can't stand the taste of mushrooms? Everyone doesn't have the same tastes, ya know?
:smile:

Plusd they are easier and asafer to transport, stay preserved, and are actually good.

Nothing like watching a girl lick the chocolate off her fingers and telling her to her disbelief, 'congratulations! You just ate 5 mushrooms!'

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
    #2837697 - 06/28/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i have heard of a lot of people being totally rupulsed by the taste of mushrooms. i've actually been the only one in a room of 10 who loved the taste of shrooms. but i guess it's just an acquired taste. maybe if mushroom chocolates were sold cheaper than i wouldn't have too much of a problem with em. but people around here are selling them for $20-30 and people actually think it's a good deal. it's bad enough to pay for an 1/8 at the price of $20-30. but to ripp yourself off because you don't like the taste of something, is just something i can't understand.

it would be pretty funny to get pulled over and the pig is like, "what's this?"... "it's my grandmother's famous chocolate ball recipe...would you like to try one officer?" oh man, that would be hilarious.

peace

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2837732 - 06/28/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That happened to me last year..(cop saw them in my cooler in the car)would have gotten away with it if I hadn't have had 3 oz powdered in the cooler with them. My dumb ass mistake put me on probation for 6 years but the piggies thought they were cool.

It's not ripping people off though. Alot of them are glad to get the chocolates instead of dried shrooms. It's like they're paying extra for the cake instead of paying a dollar for the cake mix. If they felt it was a rip off, my puppet wouldn't mess with them.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
    #2837780 - 06/28/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i guess. sorry to hear about you getting busted. i just got off probation for acid and herb. it was terrible. oh well, at least i'm a free man now.

be cool man
peace

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2838539 - 06/29/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

are you kidding me...people aren't weighing out chocolates, they are referring to the weight of the mushrooms put into the chocolate.

lets use some reason

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Edited by Smoker For Peace (06/29/04 02:13 AM)

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2838646 - 06/29/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my first trip was on a chocolate, and it was the strongest dose I had until home grown shroomies came around :smile:.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Cherk]
    #2838800 - 06/29/04 05:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:
are you kidding me...people aren't weighing out chocolates, they are referring to the weight of the mushrooms put into the chocolate.

lets use some reason

Read the whole thread before you reply please. Some people weigh out their chocolates. It's the only accurate way to dose them.
:smile:

*Edited to apologize for this post. I misunderstood.*

Edited by wandrnshaman (06/30/04 10:20 PM)

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

#2841030 - 06/29/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I was replying to psilostylin.

Besides, even if you add 2grams of mushrooms to 1 ounce of chocolate you're still not gonna weigh out 3.5 grams of chocolate. You sell them as a unit, what you're talking about just lets you know how many grams of shrooms are in each one.

Psilostylin, seems to think that when you buy a chocolate the dealer is going to put 3.5 grams worth of chocolate on a scale.

--------------------

SIKE

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Cherk]
    #2841370 - 06/29/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

oh alright, like i said, i have never delt with these, nor seen these, before. so if what i stated seemed ignorant then i appologize. but thanks to all for shedding some light as what the whole deal was. anyway, i still think i'll be getting my shrooms dried and unchocolatafied....just because people could still just throw in 1-2 grams of shroom per unit of chocolate. i mean, it's bad enough paying for shrooms but to pay for less then what you think your getting just isn't cool in the books of a broke stoner.

peace

Anonymous

#2841700 - 06/29/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

never buy chocolates. its kinda a rule, unless your desperate, or can get a deal on some decent ones.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: ]
    #2843551 - 06/30/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah one of the guys was was chilling with at the roo sold all his chocolates and bought dried shrooms. Just because the chocolates are worth more but they have less shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: ]
    #2843714 - 06/30/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I much prefer chocolates, easier to eat and always end up being fun in my experience. Usually if you talk to the guy pushing em, you'll be able to find out exactly how much is in each one (it's rare to find a full 1/8th, but you rarely need a full 1/8th for a good trip).

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineTrippy Hippy
The great whitehunter
Loc: SouthEast
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2845298 - 06/30/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree 1.5-2.5 grams per chocolate is kind of an unspoken recipe for them. You need enough in each to give a decent trip and you get them for 10-20$. ALOT of people hate the taste (and the thought) plus its a much more convenient product. One chocolate/One dose, simple as that.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Trippy Hippy]
    #2845316 - 06/30/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly, they are perfect for everyone involved. :thumbup:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
Re: mushroom chocolates *DELETED* [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2846406 - 07/01/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poorphucker

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: poorphucker]
    #2846721 - 07/01/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do you use normal chocolate for it, like milka, or something specially made for melting? I remember from times I was little kid I tried melting chocolate in the owen but it didnt worked as planned... you put it in pot and heat it, right?

Edited by Psiledehysp (07/01/04 09:38 AM)

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
Re: mushroom chocolates *DELETED* [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #2846747 - 07/01/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poorphucker

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2847210 - 07/01/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They had chocolates at the Dead show a couple years back. I waited around till I found some dried shrooms. This was because the shows aren't really about peace and love anymore, they are all about $$$ now. Little fucking bastard children run around ripping people off with weak hits of acid, so why should the chocolates be legit?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2847390 - 07/01/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It really depends on the size of the chocolate. An eighth ground up and mixed in with chocolates that are candy sized is very noticable in the texture, mouthfeel and taste of the chocolate. But why would you put a whole eighth into one chocolate? that's a bit much. Most are grams I would presume. Chocolate masks the taste of mushrooms very well, conceals it and is beleived to heighten the experience; so although it does have its merits, it also creates a way for shady people to do business. watch out.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: soochi]
    #2847412 - 07/01/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, and I weigh out my chocolates per unit. It's a pain in the ass, but if you're going to do something, why not do it right? It was never about the money anyway.

fyi: I use plastic candy molds (walmart) and really good dark chocolate (I work at a nice restaurant that uses couveture) I find dark chocolate to mask the taste better than milk, and I was never a milk chocolate fan to begin with. I also temper my chocolate which not only improves the look and taste, but makes them last longer without hideous chocolate bloom that can sometimes look like mold. Look into it.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #2850178 - 07/02/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, thanks for recipe! This mushroom chocolate idea is seducing me big time, lately... And isn`t it like a mexican tradition to mix those two things?

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2852737 - 07/02/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

whats a good method of turning the fungi into powder? do you just use a coffee grinder or what?

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: synthesis]
    #2852743 - 07/02/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Coffee grinders work great, but I just use my fingers to break them up since I'm never making them in bulk.

--------------------

SIKE

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2854286 - 07/03/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Dry the shroomies under a ceiling fan with a black cloth over them. Light makes them weak or so I've been told. Then dry them in an Igloo type cooler till they are completely free of moisture by keeping Damp rid (dessicant)near them while they are drying. Keep the cooler lid cracked so the air circulates a tiny bit. Don't let them touch the pellets of Dri-Rite cuz the stuff's greasy and won't come off. When they're ready they will crumble into a powder like a cracker might when crushed in the hand. Grind them completely, mortar and pestle style.

Heat the chocolate slowly in a covered saucepan. You don't want it too hot. With a rubber spatula, mix the powdered mushies 1.5-2 grams to an ounce(1 dose) of melted choc(semi-sweet covers the taste best), accepted dose by most cool ppl...

You may want to use a cupcake tray. Line the cupcake holes with a square of aluminum foil big enough to wrap around one dose. Drop the spiked, melted choc into the hole & pat the tray on your palm till the chocolate is nice and flat. Let the choc cool. When it's hard, fold the foil around it tightly. Keep frozen or on ice. They're very tasty when cold.

OfflinePiperDoon
*.*

Loc: Canada
    #2855594 - 07/04/04 04:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I can't stand the taste of shrooms, which is why I always eat them with raisins, or, if I'm feeling a bit saucy, Glosette raisins.

My technique is to throw a small handful of raisins into my mouth and grind them up for a few seconds, then start tossing in the shrooms, like throwing coal into a furnace. Then I just alternate a few raisins and then a couple stems, and then some more raisins, and then a cap or two etc etc...

I would say this covers up about 80-90% of the taste of shrooms, and you've gone and had a nice healthy snack as well.

I also tried beef jerky but the beef just doesn't mix well with shrooms... too bad.

--------------------
Have a shroom? Leave a shroom.
Need a shroom? Take a shroom.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: PiperDoon]
    #2856026 - 07/04/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i just take the dried shrooms cause there sheeper and then buy a chocolate bar. Take a big bite of chocolate and then take and big bite of a crunch bar...cant even taste the shrooms.

--------------------

Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: mushroom chocolates [Re: Vulture]
    #2858399 - 07/05/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here is some pics of them chocolate pyramids.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...amp;o=&vc=1

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag