Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2847493 - 07/01/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Key aspects of the film that shocked me (Mostly because of the amount of evidence to support it)

-Bush's ties with the Saudi Royal family and the Bin Laden family
-Some 30 members of the Bin Laden Family were airlifted out of the country 3 days after 9/11 with no investigation or questioning taking place. (standard protocol for FBI mind you)
-Saudis own 6-7% of America representing 1 Trillion dollars of combined monetary interest in various banks, companies and organizations (Citibank, Aol Time-Warner being among the biggest) There regime is no different from the Taliban, Al quada or any other middle eastern dictatorship/monarchy. Beheadings, civil rights, government control over the people-Still run rampant.
-Bush rigged the election. It all there in black and white. Many of his closest friends and family members made it impossible for him not to win Florida.
-The Control Bush has over FOX Broadcasting and this was the major contributer to his win in Florida.
-The current president of Afganistan was an ex unocal employee when Bush ran the company.
-Iraq did not pose any threat whatsoever to the U.S. Bush's whole cabinet admitted this back in 2000 but said the opposite in 2002.
-Bush allowed a Taliban leader to visit the U.S. The same regime that knowingly was responisble for 9/11.
-The whole emergency threat level response is a scam.The fear it imposed is there to feed the cause and make people feel better about the war. The whole patriot act needs to be repealed and homeland security is just a bush euphamism for "gimme mah money!"
-The war in afganistan was for oil and Iraq paid the price
-Only one congressmen has an enlisted child in the military.

I judged the movie based on evidence and fact, and what it presented was what many Americans already know- The underlying and all-encompassing corruption that goes on in America, and has been going on since it's founding; the Obvious fact that Bush is a dumbass that should have never been elected (Who would anyone vote for this guy after meeting him?) and the ties to the Saudis that needs to be severed in order for us to finally bring peace to the middle east.
The only irony here is that after watching a film like this, very little will be done about any of the issues.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: Learyfan]
    #2847510 - 07/01/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No I think Bush is the worst for doing what he's doing. At least we can call Bin laden a psychopathic cave dwelling goat fucker and believes in a bigger idea (even though its a bad idea) than just his pocket book. but Bush is a wealthy man getting wealthier from the deaths of others and using his ill bread connections to make it happen.

He's also a racist.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: soochi]
    #2847578 - 07/01/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

dude, george is just doing god's will.

it ain't easy serving the great general in the sky.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2847701 - 07/01/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Bush will fight to the last drop of other peoples blood.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2847790 - 07/01/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
Key aspects of the film that shocked me (Mostly because of the amount of evidence to support it)

-Bush's ties with the Saudi Royal family and the Bin Laden family means nothing
-Some 30 members of the Bin Laden Family were airlifted out of the country 3 days after 9/11 with no investigation or questioning taking place. (standard protocol for FBI mind you) means nothing
-Saudis own 6-7% of America representing 1 Trillion dollars of combined monetary interest in various banks, companies and organizations (Citibank, Aol Time-Warner being among the biggest) There regime is no different from the Taliban, Al quada or any other middle eastern dictatorship/monarchy. Beheadings, civil rights, government control over the people-Still run rampant. Means nothing and bad comparison
-Bush rigged the election. It all there in black and white. Many of his closest friends and family members made it impossible for him not to win Florida. i disagree
-The Control Bush has over FOX Broadcasting and this was the major contributer to his win in Florida. i disagree
-The current president of Afganistan was an ex unocal employee when Bush ran the company. Means nothing if he can do the job
-Iraq did not pose any threat whatsoever to the U.S. Bush's whole cabinet admitted this back in 2000 but said the opposite in 2002. Well i have not seen the movie yet so please explain how they show this
-Bush allowed a Taliban leader to visit the U.S. The same regime that knowingly was responisble for 9/11. The taliban led a country so we had to talk to them. Heck at one point Pablo escovar was a diplomat to the US and took vacations in DC
-The whole emergency threat level response is a scam.The fear it imposed is there to feed the cause and make people feel better about the war. The whole patriot act needs to be repealed and homeland security is just a bush euphamism for "gimme mah money!" I disagree except about patriot act
-The war in afganistan was for oil and Iraq paid the price i disagree
-Only one congressmen has an enlisted child in the military. means nothing

Now you say these are the key aspects of the movie but they dont mean much to me because i place them in context which is what Moore excludes from his films. I found with BFC people would have strong feelings about facts which when viewed with context where frivolous

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: d33p]
    #2847885 - 07/01/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

-Bush's ties with the Saudi Royal family and the Bin Laden family means nothing
means nothing to who?? sean hanity? rush limbaugh?
-Some 30 members of the Bin Laden Family were airlifted out of the country 3 days after 9/11 with no investigation or questioning taking place. (standard protocol for FBI mind you) means nothing
means nothing to the people who died because their organs couldnt be flown to them?
-Saudis own 6-7% of America representing 1 Trillion dollars of combined monetary interest in various banks, companies and organizations (Citibank, Aol Time-Warner being among the biggest) There regime is no different from the Taliban, Al quada or any other middle eastern dictatorship/monarchy. Beheadings, civil rights, government control over the people-Still run rampant. Means nothing and bad comparison
the fact that they own so much means nothing to you?? the fact they commit human rights abuse means nothing?? isnt that y u right wingers think sadamm was so bad?
-Bush rigged the election. It all there in black and white. Many of his closest friends and family members made it impossible for him not to win Florida. i disagree
according to most independant studies since the election, you are WRONG
-The Control Bush has over FOX Broadcasting and this was the major contributer to his win in Florida. i disagree
wrong again chief
-The current president of Afganistan was an ex unocal employee when Bush ran the company. Means nothing if he can do the job
wow corruption means nothing to you?
-Iraq did not pose any threat whatsoever to the U.S. Bush's whole cabinet admitted this back in 2000 but said the opposite in 2002. Well i have not seen the movie yet so please explain how they show this
no WMDs and no al-queda ties = no threat to us
-Bush allowed a Taliban leader to visit the U.S. The same regime that knowingly was responisble for 9/11. The taliban led a country so we had to talk to them. Heck at one point Pablo escovar was a diplomat to the US and took vacations in DC
under a republican president??
-The whole emergency threat level response is a scam.The fear it imposed is there to feed the cause and make people feel better about the war. The whole patriot act needs to be repealed and homeland security is just a bush euphamism for "gimme mah money!" I disagree except about patriot act
do you smoke crack or are u just that jaded?
-The war in afganistan was for oil and Iraq paid the price i disagree
facts are hard to disagree with
-Only one congressmen has an enlisted child in the military. means nothing
it means the fat cats send poor boys to die and send their kids to ivy league schools...that means nothing ?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2848250 - 07/01/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: ]
    #2850239 - 07/02/04 04:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

>>> The war in afganistan was for oil and Iraq paid the price
>> i disagree
> facts are hard to disagree with

I'm not going to bother with the entire thing, but I find the argument on both sides to be rather silly. I would like to see these 'facts' that 'prove' that the war in Iraq was (or was not) about oil.

I think oil had a bit to do with it, but I do not believe that oil was the overall reason. Maybe I am too cynical, but I believe the only real reason that we went to war with Iraq is because Saddam tried to have Geroge W's daddy assassinated.

> do you smoke crack or are u just that jaded?
> Of course it all means nothing you idiot!

Debate the topic, not the poster, please.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: Seuss]
    #2852166 - 07/02/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

*Seuss: Maybe I am too cynical, but I believe the only real reason that we went to war with Iraq is because Saddam tried to have Geroge W's daddy assassinated.

I agree completely. Anybody would act strangely towards the guy who tried to kill their dad. Bush is only human.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: Seuss]
    #2852310 - 07/02/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

actually, if you really want to know why the US invaded Iraq, look into the PNAC statements - it spells it all out: superpower geopolitical strategy. Its all one big chess game and we are all pawns on the path toward global hegemony.

Oil is a bonus, but not the goal.
Revenge is a bonus, but not the goal.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2852656 - 07/02/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

wow, keep those blinders on.

while the individual saudi connections alone
don't mean anything to you, you must recognize
that these points, in sum, when considered
relative to the kid gloves we've been using with
them present a clear conflict of interests.

here we have a CLOSE tie to the Bush family,
the House of Saud, who run a country that
supplied the terrorists with 15 martyrs and plenty
of financial aid to al Queda's operations and
we've done very little to expose them for who
they are, viscious anti-americans who are playing
both sides of this war to their advantage.

Regarding Florida, more specifically, Katherine
Harris' role in the 2000 fiasco, please pick up
The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, by Greg
Palast.

The American media is just now getting around
to covering this story, but thousands of voters
were illegally removed from the voter roles and
blocked from voting. the vast majority of these
disenfranchised voters were black (90%+) and
largely democrat.

If you don't think Rupert Murdoch's Fox News,
at the very least, has considerable rightwise
slant, or worse is a shill for the whitehouse then
I don't know what to say...

(edit: typo)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Edited by afoaf (07/03/04 12:13 AM)

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2853831 - 07/03/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
-Bush's ties with the Saudi Royal family and the Bin Laden family

He has ties with a government that is being attacked by this terrorist, and the family that has disowned him. So what?
Quote:

-Some 30 members of the Bin Laden Family were airlifted out of the country 3 days after 9/11 with no investigation or questioning taking place. (standard protocol for FBI mind you)

If those members were lynched by angry mobs of Americans, would you have said that they weren't protected by our government? Also, the Sept 11 comission said that none of those people were wanted by the FBI for questioning concerning the matter.
Quote:

-Saudis own 6-7% of America representing 1 Trillion dollars of combined monetary interest in various banks, companies and organizations (Citibank, Aol Time-Warner being among the biggest)

So?
Quote:

There regime is no different from the Taliban, Al quada or any other middle eastern dictatorship/monarchy. Beheadings, civil rights, government control over the people-Still run rampant.

Al Quada isn't a dictatorship or a monarchy. All of these Arab nations are like that, should we prohibit them from doing business with us? Or should we send in the big red 1 to remove them?
Quote:

-Bush rigged the election. It all there in black and white. Many of his closest friends and family members made it impossible for him not to win Florida.

Look up the definition of "facts" and "conjecture", then getb ack to me.
Quote:

-The Control Bush has over FOX Broadcasting and this was the major contributer to his win in Florida.

fact? conjecture?
Quote:

-Iraq did not pose any threat whatsoever to the U.S. Bush's whole cabinet admitted this back in 2000 but said the opposite in 2002.

Anything about Clinton in this movie? how clinton bombed iraq? said that WMD's were a big problem?
Quote:

-Bush allowed a Taliban leader to visit the U.S. The same regime that knowingly was responisble for 9/11.

A little bit more detail, please. Was Bush manning the customs desk at JFK, or did it happen while bush was president, and twinkyman made up a "link".
Quote:

-The whole emergency threat level response is a scam.The fear it imposed is there to feed the cause and make people feel better about the war. The whole patriot act needs to be repealed and homeland security is just a bush euphamism for "gimme mah money!"

Lets eliminate the dept of homeland security. Great idea.
Quote:

-The war in afganistan was for oil and Iraq paid the price

Earlier you mentioned that Taliban leaders came to the US. If they weren't involved in terrorism, or supporting terrorism, why would that matter that they came? IF they WERE involved, then it wasn't for oil.
Quote:

-Only one congressmen has an enlisted child in the military.

So?

Micheal Moore, soap for the brain!

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2853840 - 07/03/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
means nothing to who?? sean hanity? rush limbaugh?

What tie do you see between our president knowing and having past financial dealings with a large family who's disowned child attacked us? What does it mean, to you, that the nation of Saudi Arabia and the nation of America have both been attacked by this terrorist?
Quote:

means nothing to the people who died because their organs couldnt be flown to them?

Well, if that is true, that's sad. But it doesn't truely "mean" anything. I'm sure that lots of things happened because planes weren't flying but it doesn't show a connection.
Quote:

the fact that they own so much means nothing to you?? the fact they commit human rights abuse means nothing?? isnt that y u right wingers think sadamm was so bad?

Should we stop foreign investors in a free market?
Quote:

according to most independant studies since the election, you are WRONG

And, of course, by "independant", you mean "done by liberals that I agree with"
Quote:

wrong again chief

Whoa, breaking out the big guns in logic here. Why don't you actually prove something or bring up a point, instead of "No d00d ur wrong"
Quote:

wow corruption means nothing to you?

Being an employee of a company means hes corrupt. Provide proof of his corruption, please.
Quote:

no WMDs and no al-queda ties = no threat to us

If we are only concerned with the threat he posed to the US, then why would it matter what the UN thinks?
Quote:

under a republican president??

Should we ban foreign diplomats? Arrest them against international law?
Quote:

do you smoke crack or are u just that jaded?

Brilliant comeback.
Quote:

facts are hard to disagree with

Thats true. Fortunatly for us, Moore doesn't use those nasty icky things in his movies.
Quote:

it means the fat cats send poor boys to die and send their kids to ivy league schools...that means nothing ?

The one person who's kid is in the military is a Democrat, and voted for the war. That doesnt' seem to support your little position, nor the position of the beached whale, Moore.

OfflineEd1
    #2853961 - 07/03/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Unfairenheit 9/11
The lies of Michael Moore.
By Christopher Hitchens
Posted Monday, June 21, 2004, at 12:26 PM PT

Quote:
To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

"...speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European...
it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated
Europeans.

They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and
ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own, as their representative
American...
someone who actually embodies all of those qualities."

- Christopher Hitchens

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bi...ames;read=49290

Commies love Moore's film:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39250

Michael Moore is a liar:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/127ujhuf.asp

Some cartoons.

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/MichaelMoore/main.asp?GT1=4244

Michael Moore's fetus stew:

http://moxie.nu/blog.php

Quote:

Bastard Sword has a hilarious response to the whole thing: "Meanwhile I'd like to mention that I'm writing a science fiction story about a future in which books by liberal idiots go unread. Instead all the liberals memorize small snipets of Mooronic drivel, reciting to each other like songbirds, daily inflicting their rote invectives on normal folks. Oh wait, that wouldn't be science fiction, would it. That would just be another sad commentary on their current state."

http://www.axisofweasels.com/blog/archives/000587.html

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2853964 - 07/03/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I really am sick of this "Moore is biased, so it's propaganda and wrong" claim. Everyone has already heard the partyline agenda that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, no wait, that he had connections to al-Qaeda ... No, that's still not right..... what was it again? Oh yeah, that we're liberating Iraqis from this evil dictator! Wait, what does that have to do with 9/11 again? What does that have to do with the original claims made by the Bush administration to justify the war on Iraq?

Moore?s movie is a point of view that is not represented in mainstream pop culture or news media, and it doesn't make it wrong simply because it's trying to make a point. If you want to criticize the movie, do it on the merit of the material, not on the grounds that it's biased. By that mentality, anyone who has political opinion is instantly wrong because they're biased. And you know what? The movie has achieved it's goal, people are talking more in-depth about what's going on, and hearing another side of it. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, it's MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineEd1
    #2853990 - 07/03/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Check out what some of these Iraqi-Americans are saying about Iraq and Saddam Hussein:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_east/jan-june03/iraqi_3-18.html

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2003/n03282003_200303288.html

Bush meets with Iraqi-Americans: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/04/images/20030428-3_d042803-515h.html

No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack

Check out Saddam Hussein's victims:

http://massgraves.info/

Edited by Ed1 (07/03/04 12:48 PM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2854043 - 07/03/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Means nothing? 6-7% of America's economy is backed on country which is doing the same things Iraq & al-Qaeda does and it means nothing? The connection is that these are HUGE investors in the Americian economy and holds a devistating interest in what the Americian government does, and it means nothing? It's not a comparison, it's illstriating the connections to the motivations of the Bush administration.

They let the Bush administration speak for itself by actually showing video of them, you know, actually saying that. If you haven't seen the movie, than how are you commenting that Moore is wrong?

Do some research and look at who supported the Taliban in the first place. Reader's Digest version; Afghanistan was going through political turmoil in the late 70's, and the People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan was taking control and wanted to work with the Soviet Union. Osma's network was fighting against them, and the US supported the Taliban as "Afghan Contras". We put them in power, it's not that they just happen to have some sort of diplomatic control of Afghanistan, we had connections to them. Ronald Reagan called Osma bin Laden a "freedom fighter" for his work. The point the movie was making is that the connections still existed in the Bush jr. era.

Now you say these are the key aspects of the movie but they dont mean much to me because i place them in context which is what Moore excludes from his films. I found with BFC people would have strong feelings about facts which when viewed with context where frivolous

You placed them in no context whatsoever but simply dismissed them by saying you disagree. You have no facts at all, and you didn't see the movie. Stop claiming that you have this extensive knowledge that goes beyond Moore's movie when you haven't even seen it in the first place. Saying "I disagree" and "this means nothing" has no merit.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: Ed1]
    #2854084 - 07/03/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ed1 said:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Almost every arguement I've read against Moore's film points to this article as the holy truth, so lets just look at it for a minute.

"If we were going to make sure no Taliban or al-Qaida forces survived or escaped, we would have had to be more ruthless than I suspect that Mr. Moore is really recommending."

Where did Michael Moore recommend being more "ruthless"? His point was that the Bush administration was claiming to control the "War On Terror" by invading Afgahnistan. Instead, his conjecture is that it was a half-assed attempt without any real search, while the War on Iraq had much more support while attacking civilian targets. He was making the connection that Iraq was never involved in the first place, yet we went and killed upwards of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians, not "be more ruthless", which was never stated. So is his criticism of Iraqi civilian fatalites saying that the US should have been more ruthless? That's some twisted logic the article is using.

like the parties of the Iraqi secular left?are strongly in favor of the regime change.

90% of Iraqi civilians are against US occupancy. That doesn't sound like people who are "in favor of a reigme change".

He prefers leaden sarcasm to irony and, indeed, may not appreciate the distinction. In a long and paranoid (and tedious) section at the opening of the film, he makes heavy innuendoes about the flights that took members of the Bin Laden family out of the country after Sept. 11...

In the interval between Moore's triumph at Cannes and the release of the film in the United States, the 9/11 commission has found nothing to complain of in the timing or arrangement of the flights

Is this the 9/11 commission that Bush actually appointed? The one with some of his Yale colluges? It certainly isn't any of the two original ones he tried to block.

From their website:
"The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission), an independent, bipartisan commission created by congressional legislation and the signature of President George W. Bush in late 2002"

They also just happen to leave out that the comission DID think the attacks were preventable, that the CIA is at fault, AND that there was no connection between Iraq and al-Qaedia. See what you can actually find when you look this stuff up?

Moore goes into detail about how he tried to block earlier commissions, and some how he got to create this "independant" commission. If it's so independant, than why did he have to block the others while creating this one in the first place?

You would also be led to think that the term "civilian casualty" had not even been in the Iraqi vocabulary until March 2003.

More interesting is the moment where Bush is shown frozen on his chair at the infant school in Florida, looking stunned and useless for seven whole minutes after the news of the second plane on 9/11. Many are those who say that he should have leaped from his stool, adopted a Russell Crowe stance, and gone to work. I could even wish that myself. But if he had done any such thing then (as he did with his "Let's roll" and "dead or alive" remarks a month later), half the Michael Moore community would now be calling him a man who went to war on a hectic, crazed impulse. The other half would be saying what they already say?that he knew the attack was coming, was using it to cement himself in power, and couldn't wait to get on with his coup. This is the line taken by Gore Vidal and by a scandalous recent book that also revives the charge of FDR's collusion over Pearl Harbor. At least Moore's film should put the shameful purveyors of that last theory back in their paranoid box.

Notice how they're using agruments that didn't even happen? They're conjecturing on what they believe Moore's response would be while ignoring his point entirely. Moore was making the point that Bush knew who was behind the attacks, and he was in a state of shock that the people he had ties to, were now attacking the country. He knew the implications of what that could mean.

In this peaceable kingdom, according to Moore's flabbergasting choice of film shots, children are flying little kites, shoppers are smiling in the sunshine, and the gentle rhythms of life are undisturbed. Then?wham! From the night sky come the terror weapons of American imperialism. Watching the clips Moore uses, and recalling them well, I can recognize various Saddam palaces and military and police centers getting the treatment. But these sites are not identified as such. In fact, I don't think Al Jazeera would, on a bad day, have transmitted anything so utterly propagandistic.

Because the video of dead babies being stacked into the back of trucks are computer generated. I didn't realize that seeing innocent people being shot (which they show) was completely made up.

They then mention: You would also be led to think that the term "civilian casualty" had not even been in the Iraqi vocabulary until March 2003.

So apparently Moore is using propaganda by.... showing things that actually happened. Uh, either this person is a complete idiot or is simply trying to degrade Moore. In the very next sentance they contradict themselves. What jouranlistic integreity.

I could go on, but you get the point. The article is written on an emotional level of a 6th grader. It uses tactics to criticize Moore without being able to really back them up.

So far, all I've seen is people pointing out these articles written by someone else and claiming that THEY'RE the truth and completely unbiased. Is there no irony in that? Yes, Moore is biased and never claimed otherwise. But so is anything you read. It's a moot point used to detract Moore's arguement against the Bush administration. I'm not saying Moore is the end all, be all of political journalists, but he's done a very good job at being able to get these perspectives into the mainstream media. If you want to detract Moore, than fine, but at least be able to back it up further than rehashing what other people have said without having an understanding of the issues they're talking about. I have no problem with valid arguements against Moore, and I have heard a couple, but at least know what you're talking about before claiming that Moore doesn't.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Edited by Twirling (07/03/04 01:43 PM)

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: afoaf]
    #2854118 - 07/03/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
here we have a CLOSE tie to the Bush family,
the House of Saud, who run a country that
supplied the terrorists with 15 martyrs and plenty
of financial aid to al Queda's operations and
we've done very little to expose them for who
they are, viscious anti-americans who are playing
both sides of this war to their advantage.

So Clinton and McVeigh were tied, since McVeigh came from America?
Quote:

The American media is just now getting around
largely democrat.

Proof? Link?
Quote:

If you don't think Rupert Murdoch's Fox News,
at the very least, has considerable rightwise
slant, or worse is a shill for the whitehouse then
I don't know what to say...

I think that Murdoch does more to advance left-wing causes with MTV and VH1. Making things that traditionally haven't been accepted by right wingers appear as normal, stuff like that.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fahrenheit 911 Irony [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2854139 - 07/03/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"The American media is just now getting around
largely democrat."

this is true. it is just getting covered now, If anyone is really that interested, I will post a 1.5 hour long video just about the florida elections, and how it worked.

It definetly is NOT something that should have happened like it did.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale