Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2838188 - 06/28/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fortunately for Moore, his reputation as a lTrueful actavist for the common man precedes him.

Yet gullible sheep Listen to right wing claims of him being a lieing sack of shit.

Puzzling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: afoaf]
    #2838655 - 06/29/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Right, as your article confirms, Bush didn't.

Quote:

whether that's creditable to the administration's skill at
plausibly deniable doublespeak or americans poor listening
comprehension is debatable.

Actually, I'd vote for a parroting of the phrase by the media. You know, our left leaning media flunkies.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBush2004
    #2839227 - 06/29/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2839910 - 06/29/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's true, people leaving the movie think Michael Moore is an anchor from fox news.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: Bush2004]
    #2839996 - 06/29/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The enemy loves guys like Michael Moore.

'The enemy' loves guys like Bush.

they share a symbiotic demagoguery.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2840702 - 06/29/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Unfortunately for our country and our notions of free speech, his reputation as a lying sack of shit precedes him for reasons that can never be properly explained by anyone who holds this opinion. When questioned about the presupposed "lies", Moore's opponents usually burst into ad hominem attacks about his weight.

I haven't seen F911, nor will I pay to see it. I did see bowling for columbine, however. I also saw the brilliant editing, by Moore, which equates to a lie in my book. I can take five different posts of yours, tie a single line from each post together, and make you look like a total schmuck... or the next savior of the world... both of which would be lies. Context is everything... and Moore does his best to take things out of context to make his point...

I have never once attacked his weight. I haven't heard a single person that attacked Moores films make comments about his weight. The only people that seem concerned about his weight are the people that like him and seem to think that everybody else hates him because of his weight... sorry, weight has nothing to do with it... ethics have everything to do with it.

Finally, why does everybody have to be either a Moore Lover or a Bush Lover? I dislike both for very simliar reasons... they have identical ethics within their chosen occupation.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2840903 - 06/29/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Quote:

And Moore is not a demagog? At least Bush and Al Qaeda don't share the same talking points.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2840929 - 06/29/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I guess Moore used trick photography and/or editing and/or lies to show Bush sitting stunned for 9 minutes (or whatever) as the Twin Towers burned. Well he was reading that captivating pet goat story...

He must have also used ventriloquism when Bushes own words contradicted himself.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/29/04 09:15 PM)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: Swami]
    #2841415 - 06/29/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you'd be amazed at the camera trickery he's capable of!

I'm curious about specific examples of cheating via edits
and/or ommitting contextual information...

anything specific, anyone?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Seuss]
    #2841723 - 06/29/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: fft2]
    #2841845 - 06/29/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No One knows what it was like unless you actually where and when all the shit went down. I'm not talking about living in Jersey... I don't live in manhattan...but in 1 of the 5 boroughs and it was fucking scary. Was Mr. Moore there at the time? If he was then he has a right to comment on his own feelings, otherwise.....well you all get my drift...you had to be there to understand it

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: chinadoll]
    #2841902 - 06/29/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Understand what? the september 11th attacks? First of all that makes up about 20% of what the movie is about. 2nd, If the war was waged against Hong kong would you chime in and say "you had to be there to understand?".

P.S- I know you wrote this just to let us all know that you are closer to the tragedy and therefore more informed than any of us as a whole about why the U.S is at war.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: chinadoll]
    #2841934 - 06/29/04 11:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: ]
    #2841939 - 06/29/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No one know what it was actually like unless they were here

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2841986 - 06/29/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Quote:

And Moore is not a demagog? At least Bush and Al Qaeda don't share the same talking points.

all I'm saying is this: 

Osama bin laden gets people to follow him because those people are afraid of Bush. 

Bush gets people to follow him because those people are afraid of Osama bin Laden. 

They really have a nice arrangement worked out, don't they?  :wink:

Osama and Bush have really done a lot for eachother, at least in terms of the psychological manipulation of their respective constituencies.  I don't think either one would hold as much sway with that many people if it weren't for the other. 

Although I will admit moore is a demagogue, I do believe he has much better motives than most of the people who also use his tactics (including many politicians of both left and right descent).  However, your comment about moore didn't have anything to do with my comment about Bush and Osama's obvious butt buddy-ism.

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2842097 - 06/30/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If the enemy loves anyone its Bush not moore. Bush is a religious nut just like the so called enemy and he is exactly what they need to fire up their holly war and keep it going

OfflineBush2004
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: chinadoll]
    #2842925 - 06/30/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chinadoll said:
No One knows what it was like unless you actually where and when all the shit went down. I'm not talking about living in Jersey... I don't live in manhattan...but in 1 of the 5 boroughs and it was fucking scary. Was Mr. Moore there at the time? If he was then he has a right to comment on his own feelings, otherwise.....well you all get my drift...you had to be there to understand it

I live in Queens. It was the most terrible day of my life. I still have nightmnares about it. We thought one of my cousins was dead for over 5 hours until she finally showed up. 2 guys I hung out with in high school did die. Both worked for Cantor Fitzgerald.

OfflineBush2004
Re: New York times Fact checks Moore [Re: ]
    #2842934 - 06/30/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fiend said:
Quote:

I haven't seen F911, nor will I pay to see it. I did see bowling for columbine, however. I also saw the brilliant editing, by Moore, which equates to a lie in my book. I can take five different posts of yours, tie a single line from each post together, and make you look like a total schmuck... or the next savior of the world... both of which would be lies. Context is everything... and Moore does his best to take things out of context to make his point...

Absolute bullshit. Seriously.

The stuff taken out of context was more for comedic value than anything I thought. It certainly doesn't change any of the facts at the basis of the film and nothing will. Did the Bush administration release an EDITED copy of W's military record with that other name blacked out (you know, the one with the guy who managed the Bin Laden's money or whatever). Did Bush sit there like a dumbass waiting for someone to tell him what to do on 9/11 or did he not? Moore himself called it "a bit of a comedy." So maybe he skillfully makes them look like retards, so what - is anyone here able to actually refute with evidence the factual claims the movie makes, rather than simply dismissing every aspect of it because of the slanted style? Of course not. So while plenty of evidence is plainly laid out for everyone to look at for yourselves, you refuse to, for reasons beyond me.

And if you really don't like either of them, great, but I think the repurcussions of the actions of one of them seem a lot more negative to me. From your own point of view, wouldn't you rather have someone with the 'ethics' you speak of running around making movies instead of running a country?

Read this

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

Then tell me about how honest a guy MM is.

Edited by Bush2004 (06/30/04 08:30 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2843161 - 06/30/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i'm not a Moore fan but wouldn't the New York Times checking for accuracies be kind of like Saddam Husain looking for human rights violations?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2844399 - 06/30/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

IMHO, Moore played it safe with this movie. There are soooo many things he could have gone into, but he focused only on the things that were public knowledge, and could be found by any credible source.

He doesn't even appear in this movie, it's all footage, most of it exclusive. It's basically a long documentary of Bush clips, with Michael Moore as narrator, so of course his opinions are all over the place, but he doesn't make any kinds of outrageous claims, only asks why no one else was asking the president about some of this stuff.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder