Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: d33p]
    #2836857 - 06/28/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

press the tab that says "Latest Video".

Apparantly the picture changes

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: d33p]
    #2836858 - 06/28/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it isn't a parody at all.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2836862 - 06/28/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, now i've seen it.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2836868 - 06/28/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Parody: A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.

It immitates and it was sort of for ridicule. Its close enough.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2836901 - 06/28/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, the Coalition of the wild-eyed is pretty good.

What a bunch of loud mouthed asswipes.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: Positronius]
    #2836902 - 06/28/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Has John Kerry used video of Rush Limbaugh in his campaign ads? Using this ads logic Kerry could show video of Anne Coultre(sp?) saying we need to bomb and convert muslims.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2836913 - 06/28/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sir tripsalot said:
Has John Kerry used video of Rush Limbaugh in his campaign ads? Using this ads logic Kerry could show video of Anne Coultre(sp?) saying we need to bomb and convert muslims.

I see the following in that ad....

An ex VP.
An ex foreign leader.
An ex governor.
A lying "documentary" maker.
A crappy senator.
A crappy senator who's running for pres and in the meantime.... not doing his job.

Did I miss a radio talk show host somewhere in all that screaming?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (06/28/04 03:53 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2836953 - 06/28/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The ad is trying to point out what venal swine Kerry's supporters are. Attacking the attack dog surrogates for the tone of their attacks is a first, I think. Interesting strategy. I'll be very curious to see how effective it is among the undecided. I don't think the original MoveOn ads were very effective with that group and putting them back out there might be useful for Bush to remind people of the outrage. A page from Reagan's book too, the deal about not being pessimistic and a "nattering nabob of negativism."

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2836962 - 06/28/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'm quite aware of what the ad is pointing out.

I think, as you so aptly point out, those portrayed in the ad are swine.

Of course I feel that way about most liberals as well.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2836972 - 06/28/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I just hit last post. Should've hit first post. That was my answer to the question posed, not your post, sorry.

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2837039 - 06/28/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's sort of a scary little montage but when they play that happy litttle piano roll at the end it makes me think if we just stick by Bush everything's gonna turn out ok.  :smile2:

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2837372 - 06/28/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mmmm, yeah, showing pictures of Gore mad and yelling and then showing pictures of Hitler mad and yelling.

No connection there.....nope none at all, Im sure Bush and co werent trying to associate the two images, its not like...you know they are trying to influence how the viewer thinks or anything.

end sarcasm

get a clue braaaah.

Sorry for the late response and if this has already been covered, haven't been around all day. Were you even thinking when you viewed the ad or were you just so consumed with hatred for the man(Bush) that you twisted whatever it was you were viewing to suit your agenda? Bush shows Al Gore flipping out. Bush shows Howard Dean flipping out. Bush shows Michael Moore giving an anti-bush speech at the Oscars. Bush shows Gephardt and Kerry giving impassioned speeches railing Bush. He then shows the ad BY MoveOn.org that compares Bush to Hitler. His goal in the advertisement is to show how ridiculous some of Bush's opponents are(this is his goal, I am not judging whether or not he is correct in his assesment). He is *NOT*, comparing the politicians listed above to Hitler...the Hitler photograph shown is part of a MoveOn.org production that is a target of his critique. Feel free to disagree with me but that is his goal...no comparisons are being made...at all.

Neccesary Disclaimer: I'm not at all a Bush fan.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2837502 - 06/28/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
Quote:

I suspect a big event between now and the elections to ensure this.

a little vague eh?

Is that not actionable enough for you?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2837539 - 06/28/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Is that not actionable enough for you?

call me crazy but I need a little more info. I'm sure the conspiracy nuts will run with it reguardless.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2837556 - 06/28/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

way to work actionable into a sentence!

kudos.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineBush2004
Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2837621 - 06/28/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Quote:

mmmm, yeah, showing pictures of Gore mad and yelling and then showing pictures of Hitler mad and yelling.

No connection there.....nope none at all, Im sure Bush and co werent trying to associate the two images, its not like...you know they are trying to influence how the viewer thinks or anything.

end sarcasm

get a clue braaaah.

Sorry for the late response and if this has already been covered, haven't been around all day. Were you even thinking when you viewed the ad or were you just so consumed with hatred for the man(Bush) that you twisted whatever it was you were viewing to suit your agenda? Bush shows Al Gore flipping out. Bush shows Howard Dean flipping out. Bush shows Michael Moore giving an anti-bush speech at the Oscars. Bush shows Gephardt and Kerry giving impassioned speeches railing Bush. He then shows the ad BY MoveOn.org that compares Bush to Hitler. His goal in the advertisement is to show how ridiculous some of Bush's opponents are(this is his goal, I am not judging whether or not he is correct in his assesment). He is *NOT*, comparing the politicians listed above to Hitler...the Hitler photograph shown is part of a MoveOn.org production that is a target of his critique. Feel free to disagree with me but that is his goal...no comparisons are being made...at all.

Neccesary Disclaimer: I'm not at all a Bush fan.

Well said.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: afoaf]
    #2838720 - 06/29/04 04:36 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

way to work actionable into a sentence!

that's what I was thinking.  Someone got the word of the day calender. :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #2838740 - 06/29/04 05:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's funny that Bush wants to appear optimistic. I always thought he's a radical pessimist.

Quote:

A Nation of Victims
Bush is a master at inducing learned helplessness in the electorate. He uses pessimistic language that creates fear and disables people from feeling they can solve their problems. In his September 20, 2001, speech to Congress on the 9/11 attacks, he chose to increase people's sense of vulnerability: "Americans should not expect one battle, but a lengthy campaign, unlike any other we have ever seen.... I ask you to live your lives, and hug your children. I know many citizens have fears tonight.... Be calm and resolute, even in the face of a continuing threat." (Subsequent terror alerts by the FBI, CIA and Department of Homeland Security have maintained and expanded this fear of unknown, sinister enemies.)
Contrast this rhetoric with Franklin Roosevelt's speech delivered the day after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. He said: "No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.... There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger. With confidence in our armed forces--with the unbounding determination of our people--we will gain the inevitable triumph--so help us God." Roosevelt focuses on an optimistic future rather than an ongoing threat to Americans' personal survival.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #2845873 - 07/01/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

as a side note I think anyone who compares Bush or the others in that ad, even if you don't like their point of view, to Hitler is a fucking moron.

They both share preemption, depending upon whether or not you believe Saddam's violations of his surrender agreement were grounds for invasion. Even Hitler tried to justify his invasion in a legal light.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Americans, what the hell is bushy/cheney 04 thinking??? [Re: Skikid16]
    #2846270 - 07/01/04 05:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

They both share preemption depending upon whether or not you believe Saddam's violations of his surrender agreement were grounds for invasion

Not really, Hitler slaughtered millions and attacked countries that were doing nothing wrong. We can argue back and forth all day but the fact remains that Iraq (to one extent or another) Violated 1441. This has nothing to do with a point of view.

Quote:

Even Hitler tried to justify his invasion in a legal light.

when? legally that is.

There's not one person in that ad that has or (to my best guess) would ever kill millions of people. Each time someone throws around hitler's name so flipently (sp) it makes what he did that less disgusting. Many on this site seem to lack that ability to see just how horrible hitler was.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom